Windows 10: Logitech Unifying USB Receiver

Discus and support Logitech Unifying USB Receiver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have about a 4 year old Inspiron 5547 running Windows 10 Home that has been great. At the time of purchase, I also got a Logitech M325 mouse and K360... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by David Fake, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Logitech Unifying USB Receiver

I have about a 4 year old Inspiron 5547 running Windows 10 Home that has been great. At the time of purchase, I also got a Logitech M325 mouse and K360 keyboard that have always worked flawlessly...up until last week. Out of the blue, the USB receiver does not get recognized on the sole USB 2.0 port (on the left). It works on both the USB 3.0s (on the right) and on several other computers I have at home just as before. I've tried updating/deleting all my USB drivers and uninstalling/installing all the software that Logitech has to offer. The Inspiron USB 2.0 port works for all other devices such as flash drives, hard drives, cell phones, battery packs etc. No matter what I have tried, the laptop doesn't respond to the Logitech receiver at all. I don't get that satisfying sound of approval when plugged in. I even tried tighten the receiver's metal casing with pliers to make sure it was getting good contact. The reason I care so much is that I am using the Dell D3100 docking station which plugs into one of the USB 3.0 ports and if I plug the Logitech receiver in the other one, there is big hit to performance and the screens/computer has a bad lag. I guess I could use one of the open USB ports on the docking station itself but I'm not sure if that will have a performance issue as well because everything essentially still goes through the one docking station USB cord. Does anybody have any idea what is going on or have a possible solution? It's super confusing.

:)

David Fake, Feb 27, 2019
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Logitech unifying receiver doesn't work following Windows 10 upgrade.

The Unifying Receiver is not a Bluetooth adapter. Only a Bluetooth adapter can operate a Bluetooth device.

The Logitech Unifying Receiver uses Logitech's proprietary WiFi technology. Bluetooth adapters use the industry standard Bluetooth stack.

This web page from Logitech's website shows that the original Unifying software, which dates back to 2010, is supported on Windows 10. I can speak from personal
    experience that my unifying receiver works fine in Windows 10.

Finally, there is no need to pair your Logitech devices again after upgrading or clean installing Windows 10. If you do so, you may find that your Logitech devices no longer operate, and you have to drag out your ancient USB mouse and keyboard from storage
    to uninstall and reinstall the Unifying Software and re-do your pairing from scratch. Please don't ask how I learned this.

BulldogXX, Feb 27, 2019
  3. Logitech unifying receiver doesn't work following Windows 10 upgrade.

It appears that Microsoft Windows 10 has, several days ago, removed proper support the Logitech Unifying USB Receiver.

Logitech Performance MX mouse was working with Logitech unifying receiver for months now with Windows 10, as was my Logitech K810. A few days ago my Windows 10 announced that is had upgraded, and in the days that followed repeatedly updated. Now none of
    my above-mentioned Logitech equipment is working. I tried:

(0) Tried all 3 USB 2 and one USB 3 ports at every step below, Win10 makes a proper sound when plugging in and out the Unifying device, but there is never any mouse functionality

(1) downloading the latest Unifying device driver

(2) disabling the USB power save features

(3) reinstalling the device drivers via the hardware manager

(4) 30 minutes of searching for fixes online.

(5) I plugged in my unifying receiver to a windows 7 computer and everything works properly

(6) Logitech Unifying software update Performance mouse firmware update fails when Mouse is powered due to failure to sense mouse.

(7) The Unifying software directive to re-pair fails due to failure to sense unifying device

(8) re-pairing fails with inability to detect mouse

(9) HID compliant mouse Events include the following:

- Device HID\VID_0461&PID_4D51\7&5791374&0&0000 could not be migrated. Last Device Instance Id: HID\VID_046D&PID_C52B&MI_01&COL01\8&236CB223&0&0000

- Device HID\VID_0461&PID_4D51\7&5791374&0&0000 was configured. Device HID\VID_0461&PID_4D51\7&5791374&0&0000 was configured.

- Driver Name: msmouse.inf

Class Guid: {4D36E96F-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}Driver Name: msmouse.inf Class Guid: {4D36E96F-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Indicate as 12/14/2015 and 12/16/2015 events.

It appears as if the Windows 10 update, which Windows 10 referred to as, I forget the exact words, not an update but a Windows 10 upgrade, which occurred automatically several days ago, does not properly support these of my Logitech hardware.

uneluctable, Feb 27, 2019
  4. viafax999 Win User

Logitech Unifying USB Receiver

Logitech unifying receiver doesn't work following Windows 10 upgrade.

Upgraded a windows 7 ultimate x86 system to windows 10. System has a logitech unifying receiver which runs the bluetooth keyboard, mouse and media pad. All working fine in win7 however after upgrade the usb device unifying receiver is not installing so
    have no keyboard or mouse.

A year or so back MS release a KB that did the same thing which I backed out and marked as hide to WU. I'm thinking that that KB is integrated into the win10 upgrade which is why it's not working.

The system is tied into part of the TV system and it's not feasible to run it with wired keyboard and mouse.

Anybody have any hints how to resolve this? I have tried downloading drivers from logitech but the receiver still won't install.

viafax999, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

Logitech Unifying USB Receiver

1. Logitech Unifying USB Receiver - Similar Threads - Logitech Unifying USB

2. Installing Logitech Unifying Software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Logitech Unifying Software: Windows 11We just purchased an HP Pavilion notebook with Windows 11. A copy of the Logitech Unifying software was downloaded. When attempting to open the app we get a dialog complaining: “The app you are trying to install isn’t a Microsoft-verified app.”We selected the...
  3. Installing Logitech Unifying Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Logitech Unifying Software: Windows 11We just purchased an HP Pavilion notebook with Windows 11. A copy of the Logitech Unifying software was downloaded. When attempting to open the app we get a dialog complaining: “The app you are trying to install isn’t a Microsoft-verified app.”We selected the...
  4. Can't Log in Win 10 - Logitech Unifying Receiver Mouse/Keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Log in Win 10 - Logitech Unifying Receiver Mouse/Keyboard issue: I shut down my Win 10 v1909 pc yesterday. Trying to fire it up today, my Logitech Unifying Receiver/Mouse keyboard are not responding, thus I can't log in. I have tried every usb port, and toggled the on/off switches every time. I'm stuck. Any help is much appreciated! 184195
  5. Can't Log in Win 10 - Logitech Unifying Receiver Mouse/Keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Log in Win 10 - Logitech Unifying Receiver Mouse/Keyboard issue: I shut down my Win 10 v1909 pc yesterday. Trying to fire it up today, my Logitech Unifying Receiver/Mouse keyboard are not responding, thus I can't log in. I have tried every usb port, and toggled the on/off switches every time. I'm stuck. Any help is much appreciated! 184195
  6. Logitech unifying receiver driver is unavailable

Logitech unifying receiver driver is unavailable: Logitech MX master 2s stopped working via the unifying receiver after some time, I tried to update drivers, even ran IObit driver booster, I don't have the update KB4074588, so I can't uninstall it. [ATTACH]It works with Bluetooth but it sleeps every time it's idle and takes...
  7. Logitech USB receiver dont work

Logitech USB receiver dont work: Hi All I´ve an issue with my Logitech G602 wirelees mouse, it work fine in another windows pc. Suddenly doesn´t work any more in my pc, I don´t know why. All the USB ports are ok, any ideas to solve this issue? My OS: W10 Thanks in advance...
  8. Logitech Unifying Receiver

Logitech Unifying Receiver: Just a minor contribution here. After buying a Logitech keyboard/mouse combo, I was having problems with the mouse continually stopping. The cursor would simply freeze. Many threads on other sites, including Logitech, contained various fixes but none that worked. After a...
  9. Logitech MX Anywhere 2S - Bluetooth or Unifying Receiver questions...

Logitech MX Anywhere 2S - Bluetooth or Unifying Receiver questions...: I have yet to install this mouse. I have been wondering which method is "better". Using their unifying receiver. Or connecting it with Bluetooth. If I go Bluetooth I will need to purchase a dongle since my pc will need one to work. Is it worth the added expense of...
  10. Unify orphan mouses and receivers

Unify orphan mouses and receivers: Hi! I have two wireless mouses 1850 and two receivers 1850. None of them match together. The original mouses and receivers have been lost by employees. Is there a way to unify those I have left together? Thank you! Souriane...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1903 logitech unifying receiver

2. Unifying et win 10 1903