Windows 10: Logitech USB camera sound microphone problem in Windows 11; works fine in Windows 10

Discus and support Logitech USB camera sound microphone problem in Windows 11; works fine in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a Logitech webcam QuickCam E2500 that I've had for a while. I recently had a Windows 10 desktop that died; and it was replaced by a new Dell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Richard Westerveld, Nov 17, 2022.

1. Logitech USB camera sound microphone problem in Windows 11; works fine in Windows 10

I have a Logitech webcam QuickCam E2500 that I've had for a while. I recently had a Windows 10 desktop that died; and it was replaced by a new Dell OptiPlex 7000 that came with Windows 11.While I've encountered several things I don't particularly like about Windows 11 go figure; the biggest issue I currently have is with sound - specifically *input* via microphone. All of which I have 2 that I can select from; the mic integrated into the QuickCam; and a Jabra Link 370 headset USB Bluetooth seem to have issues.After updates were installed about a month ago looks like 10/14; I've star

:)

Richard Westerveld, Nov 17, 2022

2. External USB microphones all stopped working

Hi everyone, thanks in advance for any help. My attempts to solve this problem, including at the suggestion of Microsoft help forums, hasn't yielded results. I am running Windows 10 Version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1706). Here's the issue:

Earlier this week, both external, USB-connected microphones to my Windows 10 XPS laptop have stopped working. Specifically, I have a USB microphone and a current model Logitech webcam, connected to the laptop via USB connection (either directly or via a hub; I've tried both). In Zoom, Teams, and other apps, whenever I attempt to use either microphone, the device is not detected or does not work. For example, when I use the Voice Recorder app and have it set on the USB microphone, no sound is recorded. Further, in Settings > Sound, if I try to test Microphone settings for the USB microphone, the volume indicator indicates no sound is being detected, whereas when I switch to the built-in microphone, it detects sound just fine. Also, in Sound Settings when I switch to the USB microphone or the Logitech webcam microphone, the Settings menu may freeze/become unresponsive

Further, for the Logitech webcam, its video functions work in Zoom (it displays a live feed and transmits normally), but there is no sound. The Zoom audio menu displays an error, saying "There seems to be an issue with your microphone, please switch to another device." I cannot join audio in Zoom. In Teams and in the Camera app, the Logitech camera loads slowly -- sometimes it seems as if the camera is not detected, and the microphone does not work either.

To be clear, the laptop's built-in webcam and microphone appears to be fine. There are no issues with that microphone, in Zoom, recording, or otherwise. The speakers work perfectly. I wonder whether a recent series of system and software updates that were just installed may be a cause of the sudden issues. The overall hardware setup has been used for about a year with no issues, but Windows Update installed a bunch of updates earlier this week (specifically, on June 20 and 21).

Some measures that I have tried:

1. Checked Settings > Update and Security > Troubleshoot (there were no recommended troubleshooters). I also ran a Recording troubleshooter and it found no issues.

2. Checked Settings > Privacy > Apps Permission and verified that microphone access is turned on for all apps.

3. Checked Device Manager, drivers for Webcam, USB Microphone; there is no version to rollback.

4. For the USB Microphone, I uninstalled the device in Device Manager. Then scanned for hardware changes and it automatically reinstalled.

5. For the Logitech webcam, I uninstalled the device in Device Manager. Then scanned for hardware changes and it automatically reinstalled.

6. A suggestion I received elsewhere was to uninstall the recent Windows update, and specifically a KB5016139 update that was pushed out on June 20. However, when I went into safe mode to uninstall updates, the most recent such update was KB5013624, from May 21, 2022, and during May and most of June the microphones were unaffected.

Currently, when I view update history in Windows Update, it lists 38 driver updates on June 21, 2022, which is right when the Microphones stopped working. Most of the updates are Intel (Bluetooth, SoftwareComponent, Extension, etc.), also Realtek, Dell, and Logitech. There was also a Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (KB890830) installed on June 21, 2022.

On the day that the Microphones stopped working, I tried running a System Restore back to May, and let it run, but after the computer restarted a message appeared saying that the System Restore operation was unsuccessful. I did run System Restore from safe mode.

Any help is most appreciated!

Dreamweaver888, Nov 17, 2022
  3. Edelweiss Win User
    USB Camera + Microphone not working after Windows 10 Update

Yesterday I got an update from Windows 10. I waited 1-2 hours for it to finish but after the update I have problems with my USB Camera and Microphone. The devices are connected and I can see them listed as USB 2.0 MIC but they are not working. I tried the hardware on a laptop with Windows 7 and it works. I tried uninstalling the drivers and rebooting and installing the drivers again, but it didn't help.

When I click on the microphone settings and I check the box "listen to this device", I can hear my voice through the speakers. It seems the problem is the software changes after the update.

After the update Windows 10 asked me questions about data collection and speech recognition. I clicked the 2nd response (which is negative - not to use any speech recognition and data collection). Could this have broken the USB Camera + Microphone?

Any idea how to fix this stupid Windows 10 problem?

Edelweiss, Nov 17, 2022
  4. MisterEd Win User

Logitech USB camera sound microphone problem in Windows 11; works fine in Windows 10

Logitech Brio webcam microphone not working in Zoom on Windows 10.

Right-click on little speaker in right side of taskbar

Select Open Sound settings

Logitech USB camera sound microphone problem in Windows 11; works fine in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Test microphone or troubleshoot sound problems

Logitech USB camera sound microphone problem in Windows 11; works fine in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Another option is to right-click on little speaker in right side of taskbar

Select Sounds

Select Recording tab

Select and test microphone

You can also Configure microphone

Click on Properties

Check Levels for microphone

With the Sound dialog open as above double-click on microphone in taskbar

You can check or select which applications have access to the microphone

MisterEd, Nov 17, 2022
Thema:

Logitech USB camera sound microphone problem in Windows 11; works fine in Windows 10

1. Logitech USB camera sound microphone problem in Windows 11; works fine in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Logitech USB camera

2. CAMERA AND MICROPHONE NOT WORKING WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CAMERA AND MICROPHONE NOT WORKING WINDOWS 11: CAMERA AND MICROPHONE NOT WORKING WINDOWS 11 I have asus rog gl503ge ... tried every solution but didn't worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-and-microphone-not-working-windows-11/d3f0d60a-c10b-4154-8b16-9296ddb854c0
  3. Microphone and Camera not working on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone and Camera not working on Windows 11: I am currently using the HP ZBook Firefly 15 G7 Mobile Workstation. For the past 6 months or so, the camera and microphone have stopped working properly. After using the shutter to disable the camera for a while, it stopped turning on, and very occasionally would turn on, but...
  4. Microphone and Camera not working on Windows 11

Microphone and Camera not working on Windows 11: I am currently using the HP ZBook Firefly 15 G7 Mobile Workstation. For the past 6 months or so, the camera and microphone have stopped working properly. After using the shutter to disable the camera for a while, it stopped turning on, and very occasionally would turn on, but...
  5. Logitech USB camera sound microphone problem in Windows 11; works fine in Windows 10

Logitech USB camera sound microphone problem in Windows 11; works fine in Windows 10: I have a Logitech webcam QuickCam E2500 that I've had for a while. I recently had a Windows 10 desktop that died; and it was replaced by a new Dell OptiPlex 7000 that came with Windows 11.While I've encountered several things I don't particularly like about Windows 11 go...
  6. USB Microphone no working in windows 11, works fine in ubuntu in the same machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Microphone no working in windows 11, works fine in ubuntu in the same machine: Hi,I recently purchased a usb condenser microphone, which seems to be working fine in ubuntu 20.04 and it is now working in windows 11.the device is listed in the audio settings of control panel and it is enabled.So far i tried,1. Changing the mic policy from windows 11...
  7. USB Microphone no working in windows 11, works fine in ubuntu in the same machine

USB Microphone no working in windows 11, works fine in ubuntu in the same machine: Hi,I recently purchased a usb condenser microphone, which seems to be working fine in ubuntu 20.04 and it is now working in windows 11.the device is listed in the audio settings of control panel and it is enabled.So far i tried,1. Changing the mic policy from windows 11...
  8. Logitech Webcam c920 - microphone not working, but video working fine - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech Webcam c920 - microphone not working, but video working fine - Windows 10: This is a refinement of issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logitech-webcam-c920-microphone-not-working-but/8f47c347-dcf9-4fb0-85d1-6da62ca98198. Recently I discovered my C920 microphone stopped working with all video conference services. I found that...
  9. Logitech Webcam c920 - microphone not working, but video working fine

Logitech Webcam c920 - microphone not working, but video working fine: In answer to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings-winpc/logitech-c920-webcam-microphone-does-not-seem-to/df1ebadf-17f4-463e-8e58-ab6d296de745 which has been locked without any meaningful reply, I want to share what helped me with...
  10. Logitech USB Sound stops working

Logitech USB Sound stops working: I don't know exactly how long this takes, but lets say I turn my computer on, my Logitech sound works just fine. I use the G933 headset. Now, lets say I turn my computer on in the morning and let it sit, then at night come back and use it again, YouTube will not play. I...