Windows 10: Logitech USB headset volume automatically reduced to zero

Discus and support Logitech USB headset volume automatically reduced to zero in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The headset with speakers and mic was working properly before certain Windows 10 updates but it is no longer working now. I used to plug in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Eddie TC Lam, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Logitech USB headset volume automatically reduced to zero

The headset with speakers and mic was working properly before certain Windows 10 updates but it is no longer working now.

I used to plug in the headset when I wanted to use it and unplug it after use. Now when I plugged in the headset if the PC has already turned on, the volume will automatically slide down to zero.

I have tried all the usb ports but no luck.

I have made sure there is no issue in Device Manager.

I have made sure all drivers are working properly and Windows 10 is at the latest update.

The work around for this is to have the headset plugged in before the PC boot up. Then the volume will work properly. In other words, whenever I want to use the headset, I need to plug it in, reboot the PC so that it can be used.

Any ideas?

:)

Eddie TC Lam, Mar 14, 2021
  2. malware Win User

Logitech Offers New USB Headsets

Logitech recently unveiled two new PC headsets. For people who demand high-performance audio in addition to comfort, the Logitech ClearChat Pro USB headset features proprietary laser-tuned audio drivers, an audio equalizer switch and a noise-canceling microphone. For headset users looking for exceptional comfort, the Logitech ClearChat Comfort USB is a more basic headset that features a padded headband and plush ear pads. Both the ClearChat Pro and the ClearChat Comfort headsets connect to the PC through a USB port and include in-line volume and mute controls. The Logitech ClearChat Pro USB and Logitech ClearChat Comfort USB headsets are expected to be available in the U.S. in September and in Europe in October. The Logitech ClearChat Pro USB headset will have a suggested retail price of $49.99 (U.S.). The Logitech ClearChat Comfort USB headset will cost $39.99 (U.S.).

Logitech USB headset volume automatically reduced to zero clearchat_pro_thm.jpg

Logitech USB headset volume automatically reduced to zero clearchat_comfort_thm.jpg

Source: Logitech

malware, Mar 14, 2021
  3. Master volume for USB headset not working. Win10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand that the USB Headset audio controller is not working. I will definitely assist you.

This issue may occur due to audio controller is corrupt. Try the below methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1.

I would suggest you try to connect in different port and check f it helps. If the issue still persist try below method.

Method 2.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and click on Control Panel.
    • Click on View by: category and click on Small icon.
    • Now click on troubleshooting and click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Click on Playing Audio and Click on Next button.

Method 3.

I would suggest you to un-install the audio controller from the Device Manager and check if helps. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows key + R and type devmgmt.msc and hit the Enter.
    • Go into Device Manager and expand Universal Serial Bus controller.
    • And right click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node related to USB headset and remove them at a time.
    • Restart the computer, and then reinstall the USB controllers.

Hope this helps, post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 14, 2021
  4. Logitech USB headset volume automatically reduced to zero

Logitech G930 headset not working for windows 10

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried the first method and the headset still does work on another computer.

I also performed the steps for the second suggestion, although windows is not recognizing the device. Instead of any Logitech headset being detected, it shows me that error I mentioned above.

Please advise if there is another solution available.

MartinAWalker, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

Logitech USB headset volume automatically reduced to zero

1. Logitech USB headset volume automatically reduced to zero - Similar Threads - Logitech USB headset

2. Volume button stuck on zero

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume button stuck on zero: Hi there! I’ve recently come across an issue with my laptop where any key I press on my keyboard, the volume control pops up on the left side of the screen and freezes my touchpad and anything else I try to press. Whenever I try to Increase the volume it automatically goes to...
  3. Volume button stuck on zero

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume button stuck on zero: Hi there! I’ve recently come across an issue with my laptop where any key I press on my keyboard, the volume control pops up on the left side of the screen and freezes my touchpad and anything else I try to press. Whenever I try to Increase the volume it automatically goes to...
  4. Volume button stuck on zero

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Charging USB Logitech G935 Headset with UPS USB Connection?

Charging USB Logitech G935 Headset with UPS USB Connection?: Hello Is it safe to charge the headset with the Uniterruptable Power supplies front usb connection, so i can plug in the gamepad on Desktop to use that while gaming shortly, ((Case only has 1 working front USB 2.0 port currently, if i use usb 3.0 port to charge headset, then...
  6. Automatically Speaker Volume goes to zero / mute

Automatically Speaker Volume goes to zero / mute: Irrespective of increase of the volume, it goes back to zero/mute. Tried all the options of the drivers, but still not resolved. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatically-speaker-volume-goes-to-zero-mute/bb6018dc-9bd9-4005-8c55-58e6598e7ad1
  7. Volume reducing at night

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume reducing at night: Hi All, I've an issue where my laptop reduces the max volume - it only seems to occur at night time, but to confuse things I've tried changing the time zone and rebooting so it was day time on the clock, but the issue persists. If I play a song and move the slider all...
  8. Logitech wireless headset - volume option not present

Logitech wireless headset - volume option not present: Hello I have a Logitech Wireless headset, model is H600. They were working fine but now there is no option for this to change the volume. They are not present anymore under sound devices but recognized under device manager as working. One problem I could find under event...
  9. USB headset driver now "Lync Audio" not "Logitech," but no sound

USB headset driver now "Lync Audio" not "Logitech," but no sound: I have a Logitech USB headset that had been working fine until we went on vacation in December; Windows 10 64 bit on two machines, multiple USB jacks, it all worked great. Came back from vacation, and Windows now says that instead of that device being a "Logitech headset" it...
  10. Logitech USB headset not recognized by windows 10

Logitech USB headset not recognized by windows 10: My headset is not recognized by windows 10. I can't find any solution on the web or on Microsoft community or other sites. No driver is needed according to Logitech....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. logitech headset volume gojng down