Windows 10: Logitech Webcam c920 - microphone not working, but video working fine - Windows 10

Discus and support Logitech Webcam c920 - microphone not working, but video working fine - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is a refinement of issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Paul Rimmer, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Logitech Webcam c920 - microphone not working, but video working fine - Windows 10

This is a refinement of issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logitech-webcam-c920-microphone-not-working-but/8f47c347-dcf9-4fb0-85d1-6da62ca98198. Recently I discovered my C920 microphone stopped working with all video conference services. I found that test microphone under audio settings saw no input, neither did voice recorder. However, when I went to sound control panel - settings/system/sound/sound control panel under related settings, then choose the recoding tab and select microphone, then check listen to this device and apply, I got a squeal of feedback - therefore the mic is okay. I followed the advice in the post above but no joy, however through experimentation I found a solution.

Solution

go to settings/system/sound/microphone privacy settings under related settings and TURN OFF "allow app access for your mic" and Turn off "microphone access for your device" Then go to device manager and uninstall the C920 device under audio input & output. Reboot PC - check mic is seen again in device manager, then turn back on "mic access for device" and turn back on "allow app access for your mic". Mic was then fully functional.

BTW two of my windows 10 PCs had the same problem with C920 and both were fixed by the above process.

:)

Paul Rimmer, Jan 8, 2021
  2. baranello Win User

Logitech Webcam c920 - microphone not working, but video working fine

In answer to

Logitech C920 webcam microphone does not seem to work

which has been locked without any meaningful reply, I want to share what helped me with that particular problem

(c920 video working fine, but no audio from webcam mic on Windows 10 OS Name:
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OS Version: 10.0.17134 N/A Build 17134)

what i tried before:

- plugging/unplugging device from/to different USB ports

- uninstalling CAMERA driver, then restarting

- unsinstalling LWS software

- unticking Skype's Autmoatic mic volume control

- ticking all permissions for Camera and Microphone in Privacy settings

what helped:

going to device manager - > audio inputs and outputs -> Microphone (HD PRO c920 Webcam) and UNINSTALLING it (Uninstall device...) and the restarting the PC

after the restart Webcams audio miraculously came back!

I will try to reinstall LWS and see if it has any influence, will keep you posted

Hope this helps somebody.

baranello, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Systeman Win User
    Logitech c920 webcam no longer works.

I use a Logitech c920 webcam with my Dell 5567 laptop.

Setup is Windows 10 version 1709, latest.

After the latest Windows update, when I open the Logitech c920 software interface the webcam is not detected. But if I click on Quick Capture, I can see images but the webcam controls and advanced settings are no longer available. When I open up Preferences,
    the microphone setting does not function.

I've already done a complete reinstall, several times, but to no avail.

If I use Skype and select the c920, again the imaging/video works. But also cannot open the c920 webcam settings from within Skype video settings.

Is there a fix for this?

Systeman, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Gene1355 Win User

Logitech Webcam c920 - microphone not working, but video working fine - Windows 10

Logitech C920 webcam microphone will not stay working

I bought a new DELL Inspiron 3650 in August 2016 and have been working will DELL support for two months to try to get the microphone to work in my Logitech C920 webcam. I have spent over 30 hours on the phone with DELL support and they have not been unable
    to identify the cause and fix the problem. After all this time they are now saying it's a Microsoft or Logitech problem but won't get involved in finding a fix. Logitech told me yesterday that they are having all sorts of problems with Windows 10 but earlier
    told me it should work fine with Windows 10. I just can't get a straight answer from anyone. The video camera works fine and even the microphone will work once in a while for just a short period of time ( an hour or so ) and then stop working. I can't seem
    to find any information about what is causing this problem and how to fix it if it can be fixed. I had to pay DELL an additional $146 when I first contacted DELL about the problem because their warranty only covers hardware and this appeared to be a software
    problem so the I paid the $146 for a DELL software contract. Any suggestions out there. I know the microphone works because it works fine on my laptop with Windows 7.

Gene1355, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Logitech Webcam c920 - microphone not working, but video working fine - Windows 10

1. Logitech Webcam c920 - microphone not working, but video working fine - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Logitech Webcam c920

2. Logitech C920 Webcam not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logitech C920 Webcam not detected: The Logitech C920 Webcam is only detected very seldomly. It does not even appear in device manager.How can I fix that?I have already reinstalled the webcam driver.It is not a hardware problem as macOS always is detecting the camera....
  3. Logitech C920 Webcam not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logitech C920 Webcam not detected: The Logitech C920 Webcam is only detected very seldomly. It does not even appear in device manager.How can I fix that?I have already reinstalled the webcam driver.It is not a hardware problem as macOS always is detecting the camera....
  4. Logitech C930e webcam microphone not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logitech C930e webcam microphone not working: Hi all, my Logitech Webcam C930e has suddenly lost all microphone function. Video feed works perfectly but audio does not. In Zoom and Teams, for example, a message appears saying "microphone not detected." This issue is a refinement of:...
  5. Logitech C930e webcam microphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech C930e webcam microphone not working: Hi all, my Logitech Webcam C930e has suddenly lost all microphone function. Video feed works perfectly but audio does not. In Zoom and Teams, for example, a message appears saying "microphone not detected." This issue is a refinement of:...
  6. Logitech c920 Webcam not working

Logitech c920 Webcam not working: Since the updates to Windows 10 my logitech HD Pro Webcam c920 is no longer recognised by my computer.I have been through weeks of trying to find a solution and none that have been suggested have worked...
  7. Logitech Webcam c920 - microphone not working, but video working fine

Logitech Webcam c920 - microphone not working, but video working fine: In answer to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings-winpc/logitech-c920-webcam-microphone-does-not-seem-to/df1ebadf-17f4-463e-8e58-ab6d296de745 which has been locked without any meaningful reply, I want to share what helped me with...
  8. Logitech C920 Webcam issues

Logitech C920 Webcam issues: So I have an odd issue. My webcam had been working fine on my Windows 10 desktop computer until a month or two ago. Now when I plug it in it shows up under Imaging Devices on the device manager, however the webcam does not turn on when opened up in skype, discord, OBS etc....
  9. Logitech C920 Webcam not working in Windows 10

Logitech C920 Webcam not working in Windows 10: Hi, I'll keep this as clear and concise as possible, Webcam doesn't output any picture at all, only a black screen, this occurs within the Logitech Software itself, any applications, basically everywhere. I have tried the camera on 2 different computers with Windows 10...
  10. Logitech C920 Webcam

Logitech C920 Webcam: - I did an upgrade from Window7 to Win10(9926) - all went well, apart from a few glitches.. - the Logitech webcam doesn't function with Skype - anybody found a solution? 4652