Windows 10: Logitech Wireless Keyboard is going absolutely mental

Discus and support Logitech Wireless Keyboard is going absolutely mental in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I have a Logitech wireless keyboard + mouse combo. Both go to the same receiver. These have worked perfectly for a long time now but all of a sudden... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KyoshiiTheBrony, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Logitech Wireless Keyboard is going absolutely mental

So I have a Logitech wireless keyboard + mouse combo. Both go to the same receiver. These have worked perfectly for a long time now but all of a sudden the keyboard is going berserk. Anytime I try to type anything, it does completely random things like tab actions or in the case of hitting backspace, deleting and then immediately typing a 5, then putting my laptop in sleep mode. No joke, this is seriously happening to me. The mouse works with no issues at all and I have currently tried any other methods I could think of unless there is something important I have missed.

I will greatly appreciate any and all help.

:)

KyoshiiTheBrony, Jul 30, 2020
  2. toddmo Win User

Logitech wireless keyboard / mouse hangs

Problems

• Intermittent nature
    • The mouse will often hang (won't move)
    • The keyboard will often not type
    • Sometimes, the keys get saved up and come out later all at once, and sometimes they never come out
    • The mouse seems to have difficulty traveling to the top left of the screen.

Equipment

• Dell Precision M3800 Laptop
    • Windows 10 Professional operating system
    • Logitech wireless keyboard (K270)
    • Logitech wireless mouse (M185). They came in the same box / use the same dongle.
    • "Plugable USB 3.0" docking station that runs the DisplayLink software. It has two monitors attached to it, one by DVI and the other by HDMI. It's plugged into the laptop by USB.

Troubleshooting Steps Taken

• Wired keyboard and wired mouse work great.
    • When wireless was plugged in, it was in a USB port on the laptop itself, not the docking station
    • I rerouted the monitors to plug directly into the laptop (take this docking station out of the equation). So far the wireless keyboard/mouse are not malfunctioning. This seems to indicate that the docking station is a necessary component to reproduce the problem). But I have to give it 1-2 days to make sure because the problem is intermittent.

Question

What would be a good first choice for a fix I can try that won't hurt anything (update a driver...where?)?

toddmo, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Yo_Wattup Win User
    Best wireless gaming keyboard?

Why would you move away from the reciever? Do you like to ride around your room on your wheelie-chair while gaming or something? *Confused Logitech Wireless Keyboard is going absolutely mental :confused:

And I do play fast paced FPSs and I 100% guarantee you, cross my heart hope to die, swear on my mother's grave, that there is noooooooooooo lag at all. None. Nada. Zilch.

Because 'serious' gamers are uninformed about the accuracy of modern wireless systems and believe (like yourself and Shibdib) that wired will be more accurate, which is not the case. *Toast :toast:

But anyway... I've narrowed it down to 4 keyboards:

The Gigabyte GK-KM7600:

• The most stylish keyboard here
    • Good placement of multimedia keys
    • Price
    • A nice change from Logitech
    • Could have rubbish feeling domes

Logitech Wireless Keyboard is going absolutely mental [​IMG]

The Logitech illuminated K800 Wireless Keyboard:
    • ILLUMINATED. awesome feature on a wireless keyboard. I've been looking for an illuminated wireless keyboard for ages, I believe this is the first and only one ever made ever. *Big Grin Logitech Wireless Keyboard is going absolutely mental :D
    • Quality
    • Stupid function key system for multimedia keys.

Logitech Wireless Keyboard is going absolutely mental Logitech++K800.jpg

The Logitech MK550:

• Fantastic placement of multimedia keys, one which I am quite familiar with.
    • Ergonomics

Logitech Wireless Keyboard is going absolutely mental [​IMG]

And the Logitech MX-5500:

• Get a great mouse with it
    • Pricey due to said mouse

Logitech Wireless Keyboard is going absolutely mental MX_5500_klein.jpg

Opinions? I wish I could just buy all of them. *Cry :cry:

Thanks for reading.

Yo_Wattup, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Tiffanimk Win User

Logitech Wireless Keyboard is going absolutely mental

Best wireless gaming keyboard?

There is absolutely NO noticeable lag with current wireless keyboards. I utilize casting bars (quartz) and have never seen a delay from striking the hotkey to the spell actually casting. Anyone who doubts that, prove it. If milliseconds matter, then definitely go wired. But there is absolutely a market for wireless gaming keyboards, I've been searching for 3 years now and have seen many inquiries.

I've been using the Logitech k750 and personally I don't like it. It's a basic keyboard with backlighting. 4 keys have broken off so far and the battery life sucks (USB recharge). I like the feel tho, but hate the windows key.

I am once again searching for a decent wireless (gaming) keyboard. What was the final verdict? Is the mechanical keyboard listed above a good option?

Thanks *Smile Logitech Wireless Keyboard is going absolutely mental :)

Tiffanimk, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Logitech Wireless Keyboard is going absolutely mental

1. Logitech Wireless Keyboard is going absolutely mental - Similar Threads - Logitech Wireless Keyboard

2. Problems with Logitech keyboard/mouse wireless MK345

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Logitech keyboard/mouse wireless MK345: It keyboard and mouse had worked fine for more than 2 years. But, last night it began to play up. The A key stopped working the M key resulted in a +M the with each following press of the M key it would type a D. I changed the batteries in both keyboard and mouse rebooted the...
  3. Problems with Logitech keyboard/mouse wireless MK345

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Logitech keyboard/mouse wireless MK345: It keyboard and mouse had worked fine for more than 2 years. But, last night it began to play up. The A key stopped working the M key resulted in a +M the with each following press of the M key it would type a D. I changed the batteries in both keyboard and mouse rebooted the...
  4. Logitech wireless keyboard stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logitech wireless keyboard stopped working: i have a Dell laptop and i'm using a Logitech wireless keyboard & mouse with it. My computer just did a software update yesterday and now today the keyboard just stopped working. Change the batteries, turned it off and on, unplugged/plugged the wireless usb receiver, no...
  5. Logitech wireless keyboard stopped working

Logitech wireless keyboard stopped working: i have a Dell laptop and i'm using a Logitech wireless keyboard & mouse with it. My computer just did a software update yesterday and now today the keyboard just stopped working. Change the batteries, turned it off and on, unplugged/plugged the wireless usb receiver, no...
  6. Logitech wireless keyboard stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Logitech wireless keyboard touchpad gestures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logitech wireless keyboard touchpad gestures: How do I disable Logitech K400 wireless keyboard touchpad gestures that cause Cortana and other Windows 10 popups? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logitech-wireless-keyboard-touchpad-gestures/a96a48db-1c41-466e-baab-3908e16bc5b7
  8. Logitech wireless keyboard touchpad gestures

Logitech wireless keyboard touchpad gestures: How do I disable Logitech K400 wireless keyboard touchpad gestures that cause Cortana and other Windows 10 popups? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logitech-wireless-keyboard-touchpad-gestures/a96a48db-1c41-466e-baab-3908e16bc5b7
  9. Logitech wireless keyboard intermittently is not responsive to keystrokes and the mouse...

Logitech wireless keyboard intermittently is not responsive to keystrokes and the mouse...: My Logitech wireless keyboard intermittently is not responsive to keystrokes and the mouse becomes jumpy and non responsive. I have the same set up at home that I do at work. This issue is prevalent on both machines. Both machines are running windows 10 Both machines...
  10. Logitech Setpoint Software & Wireless Keyboard Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech Setpoint Software & Wireless Keyboard Problem: Hello, On my old PC running W7, I used it with a Logitech MK 300 wireless Keyboard and with atheir Wireless Mouse. Worked just fine. Would like to use them both with my new W10 PC. The Wireless Mouse works just fine. I cannot get the Keyboard to work. I did try...