Windows 10: Logitech Z-5 Speakers Not Playing Windows 10 Sounds

Discus and support Logitech Z-5 Speakers Not Playing Windows 10 Sounds in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I currently have Logitechs Z-5 speakers. I have a problem their not playing any Windows sounds. For example Asterisk, Calendar Reminder, Critical stop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ThatOneName, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Logitech Z-5 Speakers Not Playing Windows 10 Sounds

I currently have Logitechs Z-5 speakers. I have a problem their not playing any Windows sounds. For example Asterisk, Calendar Reminder, Critical stop, Ect. However, my headset does play the sounds and I also tried another pair of USB speakers and those worked fine also.

The things is the speakers still play other media, For example, they play YouTube and iTunes perfectly fine.

Things I have tried:
    • Uninstall the speaker's drivers then reinstall.
    • Download the software for the speakers on Logitech's website.
    • Disabled Enchantments in sound settings.
    • Restored defaults in sounds.
    • Uninstall the Realtek HD audio driver then reinstalled it from the motherboards support page.
    • sfc /scannow (After completion it reads) "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."
    -----
    Motherboard: X570 Aorus Elite

:)

ThatOneName, Nov 3, 2019
  2. malware Win User

Logitech Introduces the Z-5 Omnidirectional Stereo Speakers

Attaching speakers to a PC has always improved on the sound quality of built-in PC speakers. But now, Logitech introduces the next evolution in PC-speaker acoustics, unveiling the Logitech Z-5 omnidirectional stereo speakers – for PC and Mac computers – which deliver great sound throughout your room. Unlike standard PC speakers that focus sound in one direction, the Logitech Z-5 speakers use omnidirectional acoustics that create a substantially wider sweet spot – an especially helpful feature if you often move your laptop around your home or office. An innovative speaker technology previously found only in expensive home-theater systems, omnidirectional acoustics on the Logitech Z-5 speakers use forward- and backward-firing drivers to transmit sound evenly in all directions.

Logitech Z-5 Speakers Not Playing Windows 10 Sounds LogitechZ5_thm.jpg

Whether you’re listening to your favorite song or watching a video on YouTube, you’ll enjoy rich, articulate sound and minimal distortion – from every corner of your room.

“We’re truly excited to offer omnidirectional speakers for the PC and the Mac,” said Mark Schneider, vice president and general manager of Logitech’s audio business unit. “We’re confident that the Z-5 speakers will provide a noticeable improvement to the PC-entertainment experience whether you’re listening to music or watching a movie. With omnidirectional acoustics, the sound is all around you no matter where you have your desktop or laptop computer.”

Delivering pure digital audio that’s easily moved with your laptop, the Z-5 omnidirectional speakers can be quickly connected to any PC or Mac via USB. There’s no need for an external power adaptor or batteries. And to let you wirelessly navigate and enjoy all your entertainment options, Logitech’s newest speaker system comes with a sleek remote control. Launch your favorite entertainment application, adjust the volume and change your selection from across the room.

Pricing and Availability
    The Logitech Z-5 omnidirectional stereo speakers are expected to be available in the U.S. and Europe beginning this month for a suggested retail price of $99.99 (U.S.).

Source: Logitech

malware, Nov 3, 2019
  3. StevePYYZ Win User
    no sound plays through internal speakers

I cannot get any sound to play through the internal speakers of my laptop. It did play previously. The speaker in the task bar has a red and white x and the trouble shooter says no speakers headphones plugged in. When I pull up the info on sound it lists
    its location at HDMI port. Suggestions?

StevePYYZ, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Logitech Z-5 Speakers Not Playing Windows 10 Sounds

Speakers not detected as plugged in and quit playing audio, but initially play sound

Relevant Specs are:

Windows 10 x64

Audio run through Realtek audio HD manager

MSI z170m Mortar Motherboard

Logitech Multimedia Speakers Z200/ rear panel audio

Logitech G933 headset/ usb bluetooth

I'm encountering a problem with a pair of Logitech speakers that I recently purchased. The speakers will not play audio, even though they are on and operational. I know they are operational because when I restart my computer they initially play sound, but
    will cut off soon after. If I don't immediately play audio, the speakers will not play sound later. My Logitech headset is fully connected and plays audio perfectly with no problems. At times the Logitech speakers will continue to play audio for no apparent
    reason. In playback devices the Logitech speakers are not listed as plugged in. It shows nothing is connected to the rear audio panel.

I believe the problem originates with the Realtek HD audio. If I start the Realtek HD audio manager I get a pop-up saying that a device has been unplugged. I have googled this problem and see many similar issues but none of the common solutions have fixed this.

-Realtek audio drivers are fully updated, Logitech drivers are fully updated, Windows 10 is fully updated.

-In the Realtek audio manager, I have disabled front panel detection, but the front panel still shows something plugged in(nothing is)

-In the Realtek audio manager I have tried changing the various settings such as separating all inputs as independent audio sources, nothing changes.

-My MOBO has an s/pdif optical port on the rear panel audio, nothing is plugged into it but in Sound playback devices it still lists the port and Realtek Digital Output as ready

-I have enabled or disabled all audio devices, nothing changes

-Unplugging and disabling my Logitech headset does not suddenly connect the Logitech speakers

Looking for anyone else who has this problem but is unable to fix it.

CamdenHall, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

Logitech Z-5 Speakers Not Playing Windows 10 Sounds

1. Logitech Z-5 Speakers Not Playing Windows 10 Sounds - Similar Threads - Logitech Speakers Playing

2. Play sound without Speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Play sound without Speaker: why isnt my windows 10 enterprise playing sound on my computer without speakers[Original Title: sound] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-sound-without-speaker/6844fb75-b45d-44ea-9b13-fe30e3cc7dad
  3. Logitech Speakers Z150

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logitech Speakers Z150: Installed device SDM665-IDP _SN:E316F5EE, why does windows do this? It should read Logitech Z150 Speakers. I'm running Windows 10 Pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logitech-speakers-z150/9b4e70a9-c563-4b9b-9b0c-201ebb2b1686
  4. Logitech Speakers Z150

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logitech Speakers Z150: Installed device SDM665-IDP _SN:E316F5EE, why does windows do this? It should read Logitech Z150 Speakers. I'm running Windows 10 Pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logitech-speakers-z150/9b4e70a9-c563-4b9b-9b0c-201ebb2b1686
  5. Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers System

Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers System: Hi. I bought a Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers System. But 5.1 sound doesn't work for me. Only the front left and right speakers work. All the latest Windows updates are installed, the drivers are updated. How to fix it?...
  6. Logitech speakers not appearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Logitech speakers not appearing: I had to do some tweaking on my computer to fix an issue with a game, now my Logitech speakers don’t show up on the audio task bar when selected. My other audio choices do however appear. Does anyone know the fix to this? submitted by /u/brumoment123 [link] [comments]...
  7. Logitech Z Cinema

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Logitech Z Cinema: Hi, my dad gave me a speaker system (Logitech Z Cinema). It doesn't work for me. I can't seem to find any drivers for windows. I did get the Z Cinema software, but it is completely useless. It didn't have a remote, so I bought one but it doesn't work with it. There are no...
  8. logitech speakers Z323

logitech speakers Z323: Windows is not recognizing my speakers. No sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logitech-speakers-z323/0b15f130-ce30-4586-933a-b0a0561fd521
  9. Z Cinema Logitech

Z Cinema Logitech: Hi, I had some trouble with my Z Cinema's volume button and I don't have the remote, so I didn't found how to get it back on. Now I have found the both solutions for the problems. 1. My volume is now back to normal, just pull out the 110/220 Volt plug and put it rapidly...
  10. Logitech Z-200 Speakers Question Re Inputs

in Windows 10 Support
    Logitech Z-200 Speakers Question Re Inputs: Hello, Have just bought a pair of Logitech Z-200 desktop speakers for my new pc. Other than I can’t imagine why they didn’t put some sort of grill or protection over the speaker cones, am fairly satisfied. But, am very confused over the Aux. input. There is no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is my audio fucked up when my headphones are plugged in