Windows 10: Logitech Z906 5.1 NOT working on Windows 10 (MSI B450 mobo)

Discus and support Logitech Z906 5.1 NOT working on Windows 10 (MSI B450 mobo) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hello there! So, I bought the Logitech Z906 5.1 speakers the other day, I've plugged everything correctly (3 jacks 3.5) to my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Argaf, Nov 24, 2020.

1. /u/Argaf Win User

Logitech Z906 5.1 NOT working on Windows 10 (MSI B450 mobo)

Logitech Z906 5.1 NOT working on Windows 10 (MSI B450 mobo) xJMK7RqPMwTM8ZKnDPyn4PNoJ5NASwHmQAZ5c50Wqks.jpg

Hello there!

So, I bought the Logitech Z906 5.1 speakers the other day, I've plugged everything correctly (3 jacks 3.5) to my PC motherboard MSI B450 and technically should support up to 7.1.

I also updated all drivers (even uninstalled and reinstalled), but when I test the 5.1, only the 2 front speakers give feedback.

2 weird things:

1. System recognise the audio played (when testing the speakers green bar enlightes but no sound gets played by the Central, Subwoofer and Rear speakers);
    2. When playing music, movies or anything else, all speakers work but clearly not in 5.1, instead as a stereo.

This is what I mean on point 1) "system recognise the audio" - as you can see to the left, the audio actually gets played in the system, but nothing comes out of the speakers (except when testing the frontal ones L and R):

Testing 5.1 - Audio gets played in sytem, but can't her anything (except when testing frontal ones)

I'm attaching below the pics of my plugs (Green in L-Out = Front Speakers; Black in RS-Out = Rear Speakers; Orange (more Pink actually) in CS-Out = Central/Subwoofer Speakers - to the left there's the SS-Out that is for Side Speakers but it's for 7.1).

https://preview.redd.it/og4gjgfn361...bp&s=cea786be074b35feccbb963ff8982c77912067c4

https://preview.redd.it/vgmeiken361...bp&s=e3fe130cd7c975f0bb780a41b6dd11a6ef9dc2e9

My OS is Windows 10 pro, up to date.

I believe the problem is either in the system or the drivers, but as far as I know, I tried everything.

Someone suggested me to buy a soundboard, but honestly I want to avoid that for 2 reasons:

1. My mobo apparently should support 5.1 (and 7.1) so I want to freaking fix this problem, not avoid it;
    2. Since the problem might be in the system or drivers, buying a soundboard might not avoid it, instead it might create new ones.

Did anyone have my same problem? Is there any actual fix?

Thanks for any support!

Cheers

submitted by /u/Argaf
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Argaf, Nov 24, 2020

2. Ae-5 z906 issues

Normally with UAD Realtek onboard sound you would set to "Stereo" setting on Realtek Audio Console , and use "3D Stereo" console setting in Z906, to obtain sound on all 5 speakers.
    I use this method on Z906 speakers.

I would think this is the same for a sound card .

Ordinary internet music available does not allow for 5.1 sound. There are web sites however specialiasing in bespoke digital and 5.1 film track and pop music extracts, which I have experimented with.

The distortion might be too high sound setting on Z906 Logitech console.

Tweakfiend, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Urbwolf Win User
    Ae-5 z906 issues

Using the analog 5.1 shouldnt be a issue but even with it turned on 2.1 this is what happens. Everything works fine using analog both through motherboard and my old xfi fatality card

Urbwolf, Nov 24, 2020
  4. Nigel95 Win User

USB C issues with B450 Tomahawk Max mobo

Since I have my new pc I have constant issues with using USB devices especialy usb c on B450 Tomahawk Max mobo.

My SD card reader usb c type keeps connecting and disconnecting (I replaced it same issue and it works on another laptop). Some times the mouse and keyboard stops working and I have to reboot to make it work again.

So far I tried the following:

- updating bios to v37 (from v35) with cmos clear

- BIOS settings/advanced/wake up even setup/resume by usb device: enable

- Stop Windows From Powering Off Your USB Devices

- Reinstalled Nvidia studio drivers and AMD (chipset etc.)

- Switched to Windows high performance under energy instead of Amd Ryzen power balanced.

- deleting usb drivers in device manager but no fix after reboot

My pc build

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Wraith Boxed

MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX

Gigabyte geforce gtx 1650

NZXT H510

Crucial Ballistix bl2 qvl listed

Corsair CX450M

Pny xlr8 250gb m2

Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Sandisk Extreme Pro SD UHS-II USB T

Nigel95, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Logitech Z906 5.1 NOT working on Windows 10 (MSI B450 mobo) - Similar Threads - Logitech Z906 working

2. Logitech 5.1 surround Z906 recognized as stereo speakers in windows and PC games...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logitech 5.1 surround Z906 recognized as stereo speakers in windows and PC games...: Windows 11 up to date. Motherboard is asus x570 e gaming. All drivers up to date. Logitech 5.1 surround Z906. Factory reset. 3 direct audio cables to the motherboard. 100% correctly placed. It is not the original direct audio cable, but a replacement from amazon...
  3. Logitech 5.1 surround Z906 recognized as stereo speakers in windows and PC games...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logitech 5.1 surround Z906 recognized as stereo speakers in windows and PC games...: Windows 11 up to date. Motherboard is asus x570 e gaming. All drivers up to date. Logitech 5.1 surround Z906. Factory reset. 3 direct audio cables to the motherboard. 100% correctly placed. It is not the original direct audio cable, but a replacement from amazon...
  4. Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers System

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers System: Hi. I bought a Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers System. But 5.1 sound doesn't work for me. Only the front left and right speakers work. All the latest Windows updates are installed, the drivers are updated. How to fix it?...
  5. Headphones recognized as speakers on MSI b450 Tomahawk motherboard.

Headphones recognized as speakers on MSI b450 Tomahawk motherboard.: Hi, my motherboard does not have a headphone jack so I plugged it into the speaker jack, it works but the audio only comes out of the right side and is recognized as a speaker. Is there a way to get audio from both sides or get it to recognize as headphones....
  6. Logitech z906 decode problem.

Logitech z906 decode problem.: I am using Logitech Z906 speakers with my computer sound card "sound blaster z" and I use optical connection however after short playing any audio the decode led turn off and sound as well turn off !! to turn it on again I have to open sound blaster control panel software and...
  7. USB C issues with B450 Tomahawk Max mobo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB C issues with B450 Tomahawk Max mobo: Since I have my new pc I have constant issues with using USB devices especialy usb c on B450 Tomahawk Max mobo. My SD card reader usb c type keeps connecting and disconnecting I replaced it same issue and it works on another laptop. Some times the mouse and keyboard stops...
  8. Ae-5 z906 issues

Ae-5 z906 issues: Im confused to what is going on. I recently purchased the AE-5 replacing my x-fi fatality gamer ive used for years. I have used this card with my z-5500 for about a week using analog. My z-5500 being so many years old had the buzz from the console so i purchased the Z-906....
  9. Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro WiFi mobo video

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro WiFi mobo video: I just bought a Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro WiFi mobo, and combined it with a Ryzen 3 1200 CPU; 2X8GB Vengence DDR4 RAM; and a MSI Radeon HD 5450 Direct X 1 GB 64-Bit DDR3 PCIe 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video card. But what I get, after post, and the Windows logo, is a pixeled display...
  10. Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro WiFi mobo video

in Windows 10 Support
    Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro WiFi mobo video: I just bought a Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro WiFi mobo, and combined it with a Ryzen 3 1200 CPU; 2X8GB Vengence DDR4 RAM; and a MSI Radeon HD 5450 Direct X 1 GB 64-Bit DDR3 PCIe 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video card. But what I get, after post, and the Windows logo, is a pixeled display...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. logitech z906 not working with msi realtek audio console