Windows 10: "LogMeIn Rescue has encountered a problem and needs to close." Windows 10

Discus and support "LogMeIn Rescue has encountered a problem and needs to close." Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to use LogMeIn Rescue and connect to Geek Squad for a tune up. After downloading logmein, I try to open (run) and get the error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Schism082, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Schism082 Win User

"LogMeIn Rescue has encountered a problem and needs to close." Windows 10

Hello, I am trying to use LogMeIn Rescue and connect to Geek Squad for a tune up. After downloading logmein, I try to open (run) and get the error "LogMeIn Rescue has encountered a problem and needs to close." I talked with Geek Squad and tried different browsers (Edge, IE and Chrome) but still the same error. Has anyone heard of this problem? I also have this post on logmein forum. Please reply with instructions to fix it so I can connect to Geek Squad. Thanks

:)

Schism082, Oct 2, 2018
  2. Jelu Cal Win User

LogMeIn Rescue

Hi Wendy,

This can be due to a LogMeIn Rescue session that wasn't closed properly on your device. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• If you've tried closing the window by pressing the X button.
    • If you've already tried restarting your device after pressing the X button.
    • If Cortana is able to locate the LogMeIn Rescue application.
    • If you're able to see the activities from 4:44 PM upto the 5:24 PM already after booting your device or if you're seeing the entries being posted in intervals.

To allow a support representative to access your device through the LogMeIn Rescue application, the owner of the device must accept the Microsoft agreement and enter a code that will be provided by the support representative to establish a session. To know
    more about LogMeIn Rescue, click on this
    link

In addition, establishing a session using the application requires your device to be connected to the Internet. If you've received the pop-up window while your device isn't connected to the Internet, this isn't considered as an active session.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Oct 2, 2018
  3. WendyJE Win User
    LogMeIn Rescue

Thank you Jelu Cal. Your response is very appreciated.

• Yes I tried closing the window by pressing the X button many times. Sometimes it wouldn't close. Other times it would close and then pop up again.
    • Yes I have restarted the device several times both offline and online and it keeps popping up.
    • Cortana located the LogMeIn rescue pop up but that was all. It showed that there were 2 pop ups, both the same.
    • I'm not sure what you mean by your last question. I can just see what is on the screen shot before and after rebooting.
    I rang Microsoft and their technical support person connected with my PC via LogMeIn Rescue (providing a code) and advised that I had been hacked. I was asked what type of firewall I had and advised that my problem could only be fixed by a certified Microsoft
    repairer. I was given 2 options for repair both requiring payment. I was directed to www.mytechsquad.com.au as verification as I was concerned that perhaps the session had been intercepted somehow. This may have been legitimate but when asked for payment I
    got nervous. Should I have gone ahead with this?

Wendy

WendyJE, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Jelu Cal Win User

LogMeIn Rescue

Microsoft ensures the utmost security when providing support to our customers. If the support representative refers you to the LogMeIn Rescue website to accept the Microsoft agreement, then it is a legitimate process. To know more about Microsoft's process
    in relation to the use of the LogMeIn Rescue application, we'd recommend contacting our support team through this

link

We'd also like to request for a screenshot of the programs listed in the Startup tab of Task Manager. To check the Startup tab, you can perform the following:

• Search and launch Task Manager using Cortana.
    • Click on the Startup tab.
    We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

1. "LogMeIn Rescue has encountered a problem and needs to close." Windows 10 - Similar Threads - LogMeIn Rescue has

2. rlkjm.exe has encountered a problem and need to close.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rlkjm.exe has encountered a problem and need to close.: hiit is a machine that works with simatic panel pc with windows xp. this computer has worked since 2014 until 10 days ago windows xp got an error message and don't run the machine program under name of rlkjm.exethe error message is below:rlkjm.exe has encountered a problem...
  3. rlkjm.exe has encountered a problem and need to close.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    rlkjm.exe has encountered a problem and need to close.: hiit is a machine that works with simatic panel pc with windows xp. this computer has worked since 2014 until 10 days ago windows xp got an error message and don't run the machine program under name of rlkjm.exethe error message is below:rlkjm.exe has encountered a problem...
  4. Spooler subsystem app has encountered an error and needs to close

in Windows 10 News
    Spooler subsystem app has encountered an error and needs to close: [ATTACH]A Printer Spooler is a temporary place that holds anything that is sent to […] This article Spooler subsystem app has encountered an error and needs to close first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. logmein

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    logmein: I had a windows support tech help me with issues after downloading windows 10 and now the logmein boxes won't disappear. I'm an elderly non tech savvy person and even youtube is not helping me understand this. How do I get rid of this please in simple language. thanks...
  6. laptop has encountered a problem and needs to restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop has encountered a problem and needs to restart: Hi everyone. Ok I bought a hp laptop last year whilst my old hp laptop was being fixed . Recently my old laptop overheated and no way of getting to the fan to see if it needed cleaning so I got my newer laptop out and use that. So I keep getting messages saying your laptop...
  7. laptop has encountered a problem and needs to restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop has encountered a problem and needs to restart: Hi everyone. Ok I bought a hp laptop last year whilst my old hp laptop was being fixed . Recently my old laptop overheated and no way of getting to the fan to see if it needed cleaning so I got my newer laptop out and use that. So I keep getting messages saying your laptop...
  8. Logmein window won't close

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Logmein window won't close: I had an update problem yesterday and called in. My problem was solved readily but the Logmein rescue window did not close and I’ve tried everything I can think of to close it but it won’t go away and keeps popping up. How do I close it?...
  9. (Application) has encountered an error and needs to close

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    (Application) has encountered an error and needs to close: Norton Identity Protection 'spins' when trying to get my password from the cloud. Norton says it's a Windows problem... I am trying to allow Norton to access my system remotely. I get the following error; "LogMeIn Rescue has encountered a problem and needs to close". I'm...
  10. (Application) has encountered an error and needs to close

in Windows 10 Support
    (Application) has encountered an error and needs to close: Norton Identity Protection 'spins' when trying to get my password from the cloud. Norton says it's a Windows problem... I am trying to allow Norton to access my system remotely. I get the following error; "LogMeIn Rescue has encountered a problem and needs to close". I'm...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 handle invalid logmein