Windows 10: Logmein window won't close

Discus and support Logmein window won't close in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had an update problem yesterday and called in. My problem was solved readily but the Logmein rescue window did not close and I’ve tried everything I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mekendar, Apr 2, 2020.

1. mekendar Win User

Logmein window won't close

I had an update problem yesterday and called in. My problem was solved readily but the Logmein rescue window did not close and I’ve tried everything I can think of to close it but it won’t go away and keeps popping up. How do I close it?

:)

mekendar, Apr 2, 2020

2. LogMeIn updates

Sorry - that is NOT a Microsoft issue. Logmein window won't close :)

If you are trying to upgrade from within LogMeIn... Follow this procedure:

On Windows, using the MSI package:
    If you are unable to update via the LogMeIn Control Panel, use the LogMeIn MSI package.

• Download and save the MSI package from www.logmein.com/logmein.msi
    • Run the logmein.msi file to start the installation wizard.
    • When prompted, choose the Upgrade option from within the installation wizard.
    • Follow on-screen instructions.
    Another option might be to try closing LogMeIn completely and then start it up as Administrator (right click on its executable and choose to RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR) and try to do the update from inside LogMeIn...

Shenan Stanley, Apr 2, 2020
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Jelu Cal Win User

LogMeIn Rescue

Hi Wendy,

This can be due to a LogMeIn Rescue session that wasn't closed properly on your device. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• If you've tried closing the window by pressing the X button.
    • If you've already tried restarting your device after pressing the X button.
    • If Cortana is able to locate the LogMeIn Rescue application.
    • If you're able to see the activities from 4:44 PM upto the 5:24 PM already after booting your device or if you're seeing the entries being posted in intervals.

To allow a support representative to access your device through the LogMeIn Rescue application, the owner of the device must accept the Microsoft agreement and enter a code that will be provided by the support representative to establish a session. To know
    more about LogMeIn Rescue, click on this
    link

In addition, establishing a session using the application requires your device to be connected to the Internet. If you've received the pop-up window while your device isn't connected to the Internet, this isn't considered as an active session.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Logmein window won't close - Similar Threads - Logmein window won't

2. Cortana won't close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana won't close: So my cortana will NOT Close at all this frustrating error keeps coming up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-wont-close/1f8b37fd-df40-44a7-902e-d3723ff62464
  3. How to remove LogMeIn

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove LogMeIn: I'm having problems logging in to my bank (RBS) - their helpdesk is no help at all. When I try to login, I get an error message Were sorry you cant log into Digital Banking. This is because weve detected that you have a program or a piece of software installed on your device...
  4. uninstall LogMeIn

in Windows 10 Customization
    uninstall LogMeIn: I was helped by Microsoft to retrieve Word since I rebooted the computer and lost it. It was recovered but the LogMeIn keeps poping up and I can't get rid of it. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-logmein/874bb191-7a3d-41a2-aec9-a034c086d2c0
  5. Microsoft LogMeIn Support Legitimate?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft LogMeIn Support Legitimate?: I made a forum post regarding my Outlook account security a few days ago and had a case opened by Microsoft. I received the case ID in my messages, and was waiting for a phone call, but missed it once on Thursday morning. I messaged a member for support to see when I could...
  6. logmein

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    logmein: I had a windows support tech help me with issues after downloading windows 10 and now the logmein boxes won't disappear. I'm an elderly non tech savvy person and even youtube is not helping me understand this. How do I get rid of this please in simple language. thanks...
  7. Cortana won't close

in Cortana
    Cortana won't close: If I press the close button, and then press Alt+Tab, it's still there. Must be a bug in 2004 update. Or is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-wont-close/a7662b02-9e4a-41f9-8999-43c7a4d14c6e
  8. Logmein no restart solition

Logmein no restart solition: i m a scambaiter and try to get scammer on myn Virtual machine FAKE COMPUTER most scammer just logmein to come on myn computer and if there can not proceed there like to Restart the VM So what i m whant is How can i m block the scammer that just Logmein and try to restart...
  9. "LogMeIn Rescue has encountered a problem and needs to close." Windows 10

"LogMeIn Rescue has encountered a problem and needs to close." Windows 10: Hello, I am trying to use LogMeIn Rescue and connect to Geek Squad for a tune up. After downloading logmein, I try to open (run) and get the error "LogMeIn Rescue has encountered a problem and needs to close." I talked with Geek Squad and tried different browsers (Edge, IE...
  10. Teamviewer vs Logmein

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Teamviewer vs Logmein: I am in South Africa and run Win10 Pro 64-bit. My Father is in the UK and also has Win 10 on his laptop. He is in his mid-nineties and although he can manage basic PC maintenance tasks, e.g. defender scans, and running CCleaner, he often mentions minor issues he has when...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. logmein keeps popping up

2. logmein rescue wont close