Windows 10: Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing

Discus and support Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing in Windows 10. What should I do? 11355 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by georgioumarios, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing

Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing in Windows 10. What should I do?

:)

georgioumarios, Jul 31, 2015

2. Logoff/Logon/shutdown/restart/startup sounds not playing in Windows 10

Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing in Windows 10. What should I do?

Marios Georgiou14, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Why can't I have custom logon/logoff sounds in Windows 10

Having recently bought a new Windows 10 laptop, I noticed the logon/logoff sounds were not in the sound settings. After a wander round the internet for help I found I needed to do this

http://www.howtogeek.com/274010/how-to-change-the-windows-10-logoff-logon-and-shutdown-sounds-in-windows-10/

After doing that and setting up the custom sounds I wanted, they don't play. They played fine on the sound settings test button, but not on the actual logon/logoff themselves. What do I do? Also, what format do the sounds need to be to get the best results?
    (MP3, Wav, mono, stereo etc.)

Imitation700mb, Jul 31, 2015
  4. YOU
    You Win User

Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing

There are no longer sounds for these events in Windows 8, 8.1, and 10. If want, can enable the Windows 7 style startup sound by searching up "Change system sounds" in the Start menu, clicking the first result, then checking the "Play Windows Startup sound" box and clicking OK.

5. YOU
    You Win User
    Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing [​IMG]

6. Excuse me saying there is no longer sounds in 8.1 if you go control panel personalistion it is in there I know because I have a different sound for starting up etc and have been using 8.1 since it came out

hTconeM9user, Jul 31, 2015
  7. YOU
    You Win User
    There are no longer sounds for these events in Windows 8, 8.1, and 10.

8. YOU
    You Win User

Please give me a screenshot displaying sound options for logging on and off. Also, the startup sound is the same as Windows 7's.

9. Tonyb Win User
    Um there are startup and log of sounds for win 8.1 as i just came from it and had it from the start and it had them i had to check nothing at all. Thanks for the tip on the sounds for win 10 i was wondering why i could not hear them.

Tonyb, Aug 1, 2015
  10. YOU
    You Win User
    Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing [​IMG]
    Please point out the options in this GIF please. ( have to click on it for it to animate)

11. Tonyb Win User
    huh maybe the win 8.1 themes i had turned the sounds on that could be it *Smile

Tonyb, Aug 1, 2015
  12. YOU
    You Win User
    Are sure? I don't think that themes could set the sound effect settings for log off and log on. It isn't important, anyway.

13. Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing

Logoff, logon, shutdown, restart and startup sounds are so 90s!

fracking4oil, Aug 1, 2015
  14. YOU
    You Win User
    Themes can actually set the logon and logoff sounds, but the default sound scheme which is what we were referring to in this thread does not have those options.

15. CountMike New Member
    Found this online: Change Windows Startup and Shutdown Sounds but was not successful in W10. I had that working a while age but had to do clean installation of 10130 and since then was not able to replicate.

CountMike, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

1. Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing - Similar Threads - Logoff Logon shutdown

2. Windows 11 Logon and The Logoff sounds aren't playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Logon and The Logoff sounds aren't playing: I Just Tried Using A windows 8 sound pack on my Windows 11q laptop. And surprise surprise, !. ! ! It ofcourse didn't work! ! Please help me. ! ! ! 1 ! !.. ! !...
  3. Windows 11 Logon and The Logoff sounds aren't playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Logon and The Logoff sounds aren't playing: I Just Tried Using A windows 8 sound pack on my Windows 11q laptop. And surprise surprise, !. ! ! It ofcourse didn't work! ! Please help me. ! ! ! 1 ! !.. ! !...
  4. No logon or logoff sounds anymore?

in Windows 10 Customization
    No logon or logoff sounds anymore?: Hi all, I was recently playing with my sound theme and noticed some things missing. Has Microsoft done away with sounds for these operations, or are they labeled as something else in Windows 10? The operations in question are Windows Logon, Windows Logoff, and Windows...
  5. regedit inserted logon, logoff, and shutdown sounds not playing.

in Windows 10 Support
    regedit inserted logon, logoff, and shutdown sounds not playing.: On my Windows 10 Home 1909 version, I am trying to skin my installation to look and almost act like Windows XP. It is almost done, as Winaero Tweaker has helped disable Aero Snap likewise. [img] The only problem I have is the regedit keys I have edited so that I am able to...
  6. Windows Startup, Logon, Logoff and other sound issues.

Windows Startup, Logon, Logoff and other sound issues.: Greetings, everyone. Some questions here ! 1. Why does Windows 10 not get settings to CHANGE the START-UP AND SHUTDOWN sounds not about turning that sound on/off and also not about changing the logon and logoff sounds ? In the earlier days, it used to feel so good when...
  7. Windows Logon & logoff sound is not working

Windows Logon & logoff sound is not working: I change the sound but when I turn on the device it only plays the default windows sound. Can anyone help me to fix this? Thank you.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-logon-logoff-sound-is-not-working/012e4ff5-c912-490b-962f-078159a528dd
  8. custom logon/logoff sounds does not play

custom logon/logoff sounds does not play: As the attached picture shows that I have designated custom sounds for such purpose but it will not play as intended. These sounds are in .WAV format which is acceptable by format. Windows build version is 1903 (OS Build 1836.175), I have not updated windows as it would...
  9. Logon and Logoff sounds not working.

Logon and Logoff sounds not working.: I've already done the registry changes to make these events show in the sounds / sounds window. Source: How to Change the Windows 10 Logoff, Logon, and Shutdown Sounds in Windows 10 I've assigned the custom sounds to them I've been using in W7 for years and the sounds...
  10. Startup, logon, logoff & shutdown sounds not working in W10 any fix?

Startup, logon, logoff & shutdown sounds not working in W10 any fix?: Startup, logon, logoff, & shutdown sounds not working in W10 any fix? I did the registry tweak here for windows 10 but the sound won't play on startup, logon, or logoff or shutdown. It does show a choice in the sound control panel and doing a test plays the sound without...