Windows 10: Logoff, switch user in start windows

Discus and support Logoff, switch user in start windows in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to add Log off and Switch user to my Start window. How do I do that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by keithinozz, Feb 15, 2023.

1. Logoff, switch user in start windows

I want to add Log off and Switch user to my Start window. How do I do that?

:)

keithinozz, Feb 15, 2023

2. Where has the facility to logon/switch user/logoff a user gone and why has it gone?

Anybody else miffed by the fact that there is no Switch User/ Logoff facility in the Start menu any more? Some genius in development must have reckoned it was no longer required. Now to switch user you have to ctrl-alt-delete and choose it from there -
    poor.

In my case, I have 3 users in my house but when I boot up the pc it jumps over the logon user screen and brings up my session automatically - no choice in the matter. My wife/son then has to use the task manager to switch user. Why does Microsoft do things
    like this? Irritating or what?

I've also suffered the Cortana problem listed above, and other idiosyncrasies. Was this release tested?

rgds

Adrian O'Connor

adrianjo'connor, Feb 15, 2023
  3. Cant switch users in Windows 10

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share a few details:

• What exactly happens when you try to switch users?

• Do you receive any error message/code?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key altogether.

• Click on Switch User.

• Select the user with which you want to login.

If computer starts up with a user other than the one you want, login to that user account and switch user to the account that you need and check.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Feb 15, 2023
  4. Steevo Win User

Logoff, switch user in start windows

Utility to logoff logged-on users nicely with shudown or reboot from another user.

logoff user inactivity

Steevo, Feb 15, 2023
Thema:

Logoff, switch user in start windows

1. Logoff, switch user in start windows - Similar Threads - Logoff switch user

2. how to logoff a user with command prompt/cmd in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to logoff a user with command prompt/cmd in windows 11: how to logoff a user from a computer with command prompt/cmd in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-logoff-a-user-with-command-promptcmd-in/f7dd1b15-573f-4deb-8629-d8b8b1fe58f3
  3. how to logoff a user with command prompt/cmd in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to logoff a user with command prompt/cmd in windows 11: how to logoff a user from a computer with command prompt/cmd in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-logoff-a-user-with-command-promptcmd-in/f7dd1b15-573f-4deb-8629-d8b8b1fe58f3
  4. Logoff, switch user in start windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logoff, switch user in start windows: I want to add Log off and Switch user to my Start window. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logoff-switch-user-in-start-windows/10b3a358-f9fe-4cdd-96ef-3d62f474d5a4
  5. Logoff Disconnected Users windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logoff Disconnected Users windows 10: I need a script to force logoff all disconnected users after 1 or 2 hours of inactivity on windows 10 pro. Because in my work I have users that forget to logoff their account and that make a lot of load on the computer resources. It would be grateful if you can help me with...
  6. forcing a user to logoff

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    forcing a user to logoff: Is there a way to force a user to log off at a specific time? My goal is to have my daughters account log her off at 9pm I thought there would be a local group policy, but there is not a setting for that. submitted by /u/bandion1 [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows random logoff

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows random logoff: So windows just randomly logs off during regular work on my laptop. Event viewer does not seem to show any irregularities or events that may cause it to log off, it only shows that the system has logged off. Any reason for this random events? Current windows 10 version...
  8. Idle logoff of users?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Idle logoff of users?: Are there any solutions to Idle logoff of users? I want to "logoff" the person that abandons their session and forgets to logout. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/idle-logoff-of-users/9286638a-a850-41c1-95d5-5ab51947efba
  9. Remotely logoff users command with credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remotely logoff users command with credentials: Hi. I am in need to remotely shutdown servers, i know a command that is "logoff SessionID /server:ComputerName" but this doesn't accept any credentials parameter and i need to run it on powershell that is logged in with the admin credentials of that particular server, the...
  10. Remove User personalisation settings on logoff

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove User personalisation settings on logoff: I'm setting up Group Policies for to controlling Windows 10 when we roll it out. I'm currently stuck on how to remove user personalisation on logoff. For example if a user chooses a new color scheme that's OK. However when they log off that color scheme is used for the lock...