Windows 10: Logoff with Vista

Discus and support Logoff with Vista in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a problem with Vista. It will not logoff properly, so I must shut the power to get my laptop to close. What can I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PEEVEE5658, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Logoff with Vista

I have a problem with Vista. It will not logoff properly, so I must shut the power to get my laptop to close. What can I do?

:)

PEEVEE5658, Jan 17, 2022

2. Vista Pre-SP1 vs. Vista SP1

I've been Windows Updating for two straight days and I finally saw SP1. If you want to troubleshoot it, follow these steps:

• Show hidden updates
    • Manually install any failed updates (google the KB_____ and install from the windows site)
    • Make sure everything in Device Manager is good to go
    I had to do step two for like 4 or 5 updates to be able to see SP1.

Any other benchmarks you guys want to see? I might try PCMark05 (I think it works on Vista).

DanishDevil, Jan 17, 2022
  3. System is logoff very 5 minutes

Thank For you Replay

here the issue

Windows 10 Version 1809

1. OS build 17763.379 is working file
    2. OS build 17763.503 after 5 logoff

IMRAN SINDHIKI, Jan 17, 2022
  4. Suupala Win User

Logoff with Vista

Disk boot failure after removing old Vista partition

Thank you for the reply, muchomurka! As I indicated in my post, I have already tried all the steps you suggested to no avail:

- I cannot choose startup repair since the computer does not boot from the installation media
    - I cannot use command prompt since the computer does not boot further than the POST screen
    - I have disconnected and tried out all hard drives individually.

Since I had Win 10 up and running a few hours ago, I can say with 100% certainty that none of the hardware is faulty.

The real mystery is, how come the system won't boot from any media without an empty disk containing an old Vista boot sector being on top of the boot priority list? And which steps to take now that I've cleaned this disk and it does not exist anymore?

Would appreciate any ideas and pointers!

Suupala, Jan 17, 2022
Thema:

Logoff with Vista

1. Logoff with Vista - Similar Threads - Logoff Vista

2. Windows 11 takes a long time to shutdown/Logoff the system with a USB controller plugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 takes a long time to shutdown/Logoff the system with a USB controller plugged: Windows version: Windows 11 Home & Pro 10.0.22631PCs specs: Desktop:CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Motherboard: MSI B650M-p pro GPU: RTX 4060 MSI Ventus 2X RAM: Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 16GB SSD: Nvme Crucial P3Laptop: HP Laptop 15s-eq2xxxI have encountered some issues since the...
  3. Windows 11 takes a long time to shutdown/Logoff the system with a USB controller plugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 takes a long time to shutdown/Logoff the system with a USB controller plugged: Windows version: Windows 11 Home & Pro 10.0.22631PCs specs: Desktop:CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Motherboard: MSI B650M-p pro GPU: RTX 4060 MSI Ventus 2X RAM: Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 16GB SSD: Nvme Crucial P3Laptop: HP Laptop 15s-eq2xxxI have encountered some issues since the...
  4. how to logoff a user with command prompt/cmd in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to logoff a user with command prompt/cmd in windows 11: how to logoff a user from a computer with command prompt/cmd in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-logoff-a-user-with-command-promptcmd-in/f7dd1b15-573f-4deb-8629-d8b8b1fe58f3
  5. how to logoff a user with command prompt/cmd in windows 11

how to logoff a user with command prompt/cmd in windows 11: how to logoff a user from a computer with command prompt/cmd in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-logoff-a-user-with-command-promptcmd-in/f7dd1b15-573f-4deb-8629-d8b8b1fe58f3
  6. Random Logon / logoff / Special Logon Events on my Computer

Random Logon / logoff / Special Logon Events on my Computer: Hello Guys!Im a bit scared tbh, I dont what is going on here, but it started a few days ago i guess.How i got aware of it:I use to game a bit on my PC, and then i started taking notes because i get tabbed out of games when i play in Fullscreen which is very annoying..So i...
  7. Random Logon / logoff / Special Logon Events on my Computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Random Logon / logoff / Special Logon Events on my Computer: Hello Guys!Im a bit scared tbh, I dont what is going on here, but it started a few days ago i guess.How i got aware of it:I use to game a bit on my PC, and then i started taking notes because i get tabbed out of games when i play in Fullscreen which is very annoying..So i...
  8. Random Logon / logoff / Special Logon Events on my Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Login/Logoff events with the same timestamp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login/Logoff events with the same timestamp: HelloWhen checking on a laptop, I can see multiple login/logoff events with the same timestamp same hour, same minute, same second but a difference of milliseconds.What I was able to saw is that the TargetLogonID is the same, and when checking the PID of the process...
  10. Logoff with Vista

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logoff with Vista: I have a problem with Vista. It will not logoff properly, so I must shut the power to get my laptop to close. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logoff-with-vista/30f52efa-0a6f-4eab-8b77-fe1d0fe9c4cd