Windows 10: Logon Failed After Updating Windows 10

Discus and support Logon Failed After Updating Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just updated Windows 10 on one of my Dell desktops. After the reboot I got the following message: The User Profile Service failed the sign-in.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarcMarcuzzi, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Logon Failed After Updating Windows 10

I just updated Windows 10 on one of my Dell desktops. After the reboot I got the following message:

The User Profile Service failed the sign-in.

User Profile could not be loaded.

How do I fix this? I tried using both my pin and password and both failed

Marc Marcuzzi

:)

MarcMarcuzzi, Aug 6, 2020

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Aug 6, 2020
  3. jds21 Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Ruz San Win User

Logon Failed After Updating Windows 10

Family Member cannot logon to Windows 10

Hi Sultan,

There are different causes that may bring up this error on your computer. To guide you better in resolving the issue, please answer the following questions:

• Is the administrator account the one having the error?
    • Did this happen after installing updates?
    • What suggestions have you tried?

You may find other suggestions on this
    page
    to fix the problem with the user profile. Try following the steps given by
    Malkeleah.

Let us know if you need more help.

Regards.

Ruz San, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Logon Failed After Updating Windows 10

1. Logon Failed After Updating Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Logon Failed Updating

2. Guest account fail logon

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Guest account fail logon: Dears,I have this log, I did every search possible without any chance to solve, anyone have any idea how to solve,The LOG from Event viewer, An account failed to log on. Subject: Security ID: "Domain"\John.saw Account Name:...
  3. Guest account fail logon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Guest account fail logon: I have this log...Event TypeUserLogonFailureEventInfoLogon Failure ""my machine name"\Guest"DetectionIP"FQDN of my machine"ToolAliasWindows SecurityProviderSIDMicrosoft-Windows-Security-Auditing 4625LogonProcessAdvapiInsertionTime2022-12-20...
  4. Guest account fail logon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Guest account fail logon: I have this log...Event TypeUserLogonFailureEventInfoLogon Failure ""my machine name"\Guest"DetectionIP"FQDN of my machine"ToolAliasWindows SecurityProviderSIDMicrosoft-Windows-Security-Auditing 4625LogonProcessAdvapiInsertionTime2022-12-20...
  5. Guest account fail logon

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. windows logon after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows logon after update: Windows update is going to send me to an early grave. A couple of montha ago after a windows update it logged me out of my google account. This had 2 step verification wit my old works mobile. Long story short i`ve now lost my gmail account and all thats with it. I`ve got...
  7. windows logon after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows logon after update: Windows update is going to send me to an early grave. A couple of montha ago after a windows update it logged me out of my google account. This had 2 step verification wit my old works mobile. Long story short i`ve now lost my gmail account and all thats with it. I`ve got...
  8. Windows 10 hangs after logon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 hangs after logon: After I logon to my windows 10 pro computer I get a black screen and am unable to do anything. I can press ctr-alt-del and click on task manager but it never shows on the screen. I tried to boot into safe mode and also in this mode I am unable to start task manager. Once I...
  9. RD logon attempt failed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RD logon attempt failed: Hello, I have a problem when using remote desktop connection on my laptop - basically it all works fine when i'm connected to the same network as the desktop i'm trying to connect to, however, when i'm away, on a different network and i try to login, it doesnt work anymore....
  10. installed windows on ssd and would not logon after update

in Windows 10 Support
    installed windows on ssd and would not logon after update: I recently wanted to swap 2 hard disks to larger ones, ssd, with operating system, to a larger one, and a regular hdd to a larger one as well. I disconnected all other hard drives, not to run into any surprises, and installed windows 10 on the new ssd, all went great,...