Windows 10: logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type to this computer

Discus and support logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type to this computer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently added a password to the hidden administrator by mistake. Now I can't install or do anything on the computer which requires admin rights. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by franance, Jun 22, 2022.

1. franance Win User

logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type to this computer

I recently added a password to the hidden administrator by mistake. Now I can't install or do anything on the computer which requires admin rights. I know the password is correct however when typed I receive the message "logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type to this computer". Every single fix for this issue requires you to run as administrator which I can't do even though the password I'm using is correct. I only have 1 user on the PC. The admin user doesn't show anywhere, so I can't log into admin and change my user's permissions. the 'local security policy' do

:)

franance, Jun 22, 2022
  2. RMI_Howard, Jun 22, 2022
  3. Logon failure: the user has not be granted the requested logon type at this computer

I changed the network settings yesterday and switched off my laptop. The laptop shows the error logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer. Also when I try the other login option with my email id, it says password
    is incorrect. Make sure you're using the password for your Microsoft account. You can always reset it at account.live.com/password/rest. Now I don't have a way to login. What should I do?

AdityaUnni, Jun 22, 2022
  4. Phaewryn Win User

logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type to this computer

"logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer"

I have really broken my network. I renamed these two machines, which was the beginning of all this, I wanted a naming scheme that matched. "logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer" any ideas on what I can do do resolve that? It's an error on the windows 10 machine hosting the HomeGroup, trying to access the windows 7 laptop (which is on the HomeGroup). It works flawlessly in the opposite direction (laptop to homegroup hosting pc). It worked fine before I renamed the machines and then went digging around trying to "clean it up a bit" (I had folders listed as being shared twice and stuff like that). All the machines on the network/homegroup are logged into the homegroup, all display the homegroup grouping and network home/private grouping, and they all work all ways except the homegroup hosting windows 10 machine not accessing the windows 7 laptop. I feel like it may be something that's windows 7 specific that I'm missing. The other windows 10 machine is able access the laptop fine. I've tried disabling the firewall in the laptop and it made no difference. I've run the windows homegroup diagnostics both ways, the windows 10 pc says everything's correct the laptop just isn't responding, the laptop's diagnostic says the firewall is misconfigured (but yet turning it off doesn't solve the problem). All shared folders are set to share with HomeUsers only. All have full permissions set. I'm baffled. These two machines are just not playing nicely anymore. Help?

Phaewryn, Jun 22, 2022
Thema:

1. logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type to this computer - Similar Threads - logon failure user

2. Windows 11 logon failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 logon failure: I have a new laptop with Windows 11 Pro. It came autologoning to an account named User.I created a new account based on my Microsoft account. I set up a pin.After shutting down the laptop, when I rebooted it starts at the logon screen with my new account and picture/name with...
  3. logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type to this computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type to this computer: I recently added a password to the hidden administrator by mistake. Now I can't install or do anything on the computer which requires admin rights. I know the password is correct however when typed I receive the message "logon failure the user has not been granted the...
  4. logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type to this computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type to this computer: I recently added a password to the hidden administrator by mistake. Now I can't install or do anything on the computer which requires admin rights. I know the password is correct however when typed I receive the message "logon failure the user has not been granted the...
  5. File sharing - cannot grant logon type to WIFI computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File sharing - cannot grant logon type to WIFI computer: Computer B can see Computer A shared folder in Network but cannot access the shared folder. The error msg is : Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at the computer. I went thru many step-by-step guidelines including the one suggested on...
  6. Logon script runs at startup and not at user logon

in Windows 10 Support
    Logon script runs at startup and not at user logon: I have 3 PCs, and my logon script in my Group Policy (C:\WINDOWS\System32\GroupPolicy\User\Scripts\Logon) runs as expected at user logon in all 3 PCs. However, in my fourth PC, the logon script runs at startup prior to a user logging onto this PC. I cannot seem to figure out...
  7. Unable to share drive: logon failure the user has not been granted....

Unable to share drive: logon failure the user has not been granted....: Hello Ten forums, At my work we have two PCs. When i select a disk drive (not C:\), right click -> Sharing -> Advanced sharing -> check "Share this folder", my drive gets a network path as its supposed to. But when my colleauge tries to mount the path he get the errer....
  8. Logon failure to computer in Homegroup

Logon failure to computer in Homegroup: I have a desktop and laptop PC - both recently upgraded (without my permission) to Windows 10. The desktop was previously running Windows 7 and the laptop Windows 8. I have created a homegroup and both PCs have joined it. All sharing options are turned on. I was previously...
  9. Windows logon network Failure

Windows logon network Failure: Hi Guys, hoping you can help me, since I upgraded to windows 10 I can no longer make contact with one of my networks, I get this message ........ Microsoft windows network logon failure, the user has not been granted the requested logon type on this computer I cannot find a...
  10. User Not granted Permission Logon Error

User Not granted Permission Logon Error: I have 3 PC's and one netbook all running Windows 10 Home. All PC's were upgraded from Windows 8.1 and the Netbook was upgraded from Windows 7. Before the Win 10 upgrades, all computers could see each other and share files within the network here at home. None require...