Windows 10: Logon/fast startup questions.

Discus and support Logon/fast startup questions. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there a way to stop windows from auto logging into an account that isn’t password protected? Also, If I turn on my computer and sign into my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Subliminal87, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Logon/fast startup questions.

Is there a way to stop windows from auto logging into an account that isn’t password protected?

Also,

If I turn on my computer and sign into my account sometimes either something that I left open when it turned it off will be back and open. Or if I know I’m the only one signed on and select turn off, it’ll say “others are signed on”.

How can I fix that?

submitted by /u/Subliminal87
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Subliminal87, Jan 5, 2020

2. Windows10 - numlock not on at startup

Hi guys,

Trick was not really helpful.

After a logon, the NumLock key is now effectively on, but I need this before the logon.

My logon password has digits, and I would need the Numlock key to be «ON» at the logon process.

Is there another way to solve that ??

Thanks for your help.

Robert

RobertHenault, Jan 5, 2020
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 5, 2020
  4. Logon/fast startup questions.

Fast Startup not working but hibernate is working.

Hello Anubhav,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the fast startup is not working after the check disk in your PC. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What issue were you facing to perform the check disk?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?
    • Which Edition of Windows 10 are you using?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Using Group Policy Editor:

Note: This option for using group policy is only available in the Windows 10 Pro editions.

• Press Windows Key + R combination and put gpedit.msc in
      Run dialog box.
    • In the left pane navigate to:

• Now look in the right pane, you’ll got the policy named Require use of fast startup as shown above.
    • Double click on this policy to get the window shown below.
    • Now you can use following settings:
    • Force “Hybrid boot” to be always turned on = Enable
    • Do NOT force “Hybrid boot” to be always turned on = Disabled/Not configured
      (Default Setting)
    • After making changes click Apply followed by OK.
    Restart the machine and check if it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

Logon/fast startup questions.

1. Logon/fast startup questions. - Similar Threads - Logon fast startup

2. Fast Startup Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fast Startup Question: Hello. I have a quick question about fast startup setting in windows 11. I have a desktop PC that is always connected to the wall outlet. If I have fast startup enabled and the power goes out, can that damage my pc? I understand it's unadvised to unplug your pc or any drives...
  3. Fast Startup Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fast Startup Question: Hello. I have a quick question about fast startup setting in windows 11. I have a desktop PC that is always connected to the wall outlet. If I have fast startup enabled and the power goes out, can that damage my pc? I understand it's unadvised to unplug your pc or any drives...
  4. fast question

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    fast question: how do i change the date of birth in minecraft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-question/e0a21780-7d3c-40e4-8ac7-b7141c4d0583
  5. Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Startup: Why is my option to "Turn on fast startup" greyed out? [ATTACH] Pls Answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-startup/4c05238b-43c2-4cc7-abff-f89aaf2795cd
  6. Fast Startup question

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast Startup question: I just read that there is a setting in the power section called 'turn on fast startup. This is not listed on my pc under shutdown settings. Only lists 'sleep' and 'lock'. Do I need to unhide this button somehow? Do I need to be signed on as ADMIN? Thank you. windows 10...
  7. Fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast startup: I tend to leave windows 10 mostly at default settings. So I keep fast start up enabled on my desktop. I do have an SSD but it is convenient and shaves a few seconds of reboot i guess. However I want to know whether it relies on a power source? What I mean by this is, is my pc...
  8. Windows 10 - 1607 Fast Startup question

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - 1607 Fast Startup question: I already had hibernation disabled when update to 1607 (anniversary job) came today (and was flawless, in under an hour). I wanted to make sure fast startup continues to be off because dual boot with windows 7 didn't like fast startup. But after this update to 1607 both...
  9. 2 Questions about 'Fast Startup'

in Windows 10 Support
    2 Questions about 'Fast Startup': I got 2 questions about Fast Startup: - Should I turn off Fast Startup? I heard that keeping it on is bad for your PC. - Is it true that one should reduce the size of the hibernate file if you use Fast Startup? 61569
  10. Question regarding Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Question regarding Fast Startup: Hi, sorry if this is the wrong section. Recently I found out about the Fast Startup feature in Win8/10. (Aka hybrid shutdown) ( If you have no idea what I'm talking about: The Pros and Cons of Windows 10 Mode ) My question is what would happen when you have a...