Windows 10: Logon password issue

Discus and support Logon password issue in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have windows 10 pro on my pc, it is not on a domain, and logon password is done via the PC its self, The login is not connected to a Microsoft... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by xendistar, Sep 16, 2018.

1. xendistar Win User

Logon password issue

I have windows 10 pro on my pc, it is not on a domain, and logon password is done via the PC its self, The login is not connected to a Microsoft account. There is only one login account on the PC.

The problem is this, I reboot my PC, the login window comes up, I login no problem.

If I reboot the PC and then leave it leave it and come back to it later, say a couple of hours (I have not worked out exactly what the time scale is), enter the users password and it will reject the password, I have tried to login many times. I have to reboot the PC again and then once rebooted I can then login and the password is accepted.

I have tried changing the password but that made no difference, it is almost as thought once it has rebooted the PC and left it standing for a while, something goes to sleep and the only way to wake it is to reboot the PC.

Anybody have any ideas?

Tim

:)

xendistar, Sep 16, 2018
  2. wolf2009 Win User

Mapped network drives do not connect at logon in vista with automatic logon enabled

I have vista x64 . I have some mapped network drives . They get connected when i enter the password at logon screen. Now i enabled automatic logon in vista and they do not connect anymore . I have to double click on them and enter the password manually .

Windows displays the message "Could not connect to all drives" at logon .

They used to connect automatically in xo with automatic logon enabled.

My logon password is the same as the administrator password with which i can connect to these drives .

wolf2009, Sep 16, 2018
  3. unable to remove windows logon password

unable to remove windows logon password

went to control panel user accounts and there is no longer a ' remove password ' option as with windows 7

i changed the settings to ' not require a password on logon' but made no difference at all

it now boots saying password wrong, until I enter a password then all ok...

MS suggest adding a new account and logging in with that without a password then deleting the old one.....

does not not work as the add account is greyed out.

cant see why this is so difficult..

as as a side issue since trying to remove the windows logon password I am now presented on boot up with an OS choice wi cows 10 or 7.... I am certain this wasn't there before..

any my help would be appreciated
    thanks

reddwarf4ever, Sep 16, 2018
  4. Logon password issue

Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

Logon password issue

1. Logon password issue - Similar Threads - Logon password issue

2. Can't disable the logon password ...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't disable the logon password ...: My Windows version is 0.0.19042 Build 19042. I had my PC setup so a password or PIN is not required on startup. Then, an update was installed and it now requires a password which I am not able to disable; even though Settings/Accounts/Sign-in-options/Require-sign-in is set to...
  3. Can't disable the logon password ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't disable the logon password ...: My Windows version is 0.0.19042 Build 19042. I had my PC setup so a password or PIN is not required on startup. Then, an update was installed and it now requires a password which I am not able to disable; even though Settings/Accounts/Sign-in-options/Require-sign-in is set to...
  4. Can't disable the logon password ...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows logon password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows logon password: I made sure the require password box was unchecked at netplwiz. Every time I reboot or start up the lock screen say's "the user name or password is incorrect, try again". When I hit enter the sign-in screen appears asking for the PIN. On the lower left there are two options...
  6. No password to logon.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No password to logon.: [email protected];.com I inherited a computer but have no login password. I've tried several helps from the web without success. When I turn the computer on I get the password prompt screen. Stats are: HP ENVY 750qd Desktop PC Product number: Z9M79AV Model: Z9M79AVSer. #...
  7. Logon password issue after upgrade to 1903

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Logon password issue after upgrade to 1903: Hi, Finally got around upgrading my stand-alone W10 PRO box to build 1903. Upgrade went smoothly, as I expected. However...... After the upgrade I'm allowed to login ONE TIME using my password that I've been using eversince the inception of Windows 7 (and even before...
  8. windows logon password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows logon password: I set my windows to not ask for password by using netplwiz command suddenly how come my pc asked for password at startup I have not changed anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-logon-password/2f1270ed-892f-4adb-8cfb-14170731817f
  9. Logon password issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Logon password issue: I have windows 10 pro on my pc, it is not on a domain, and logon password is done via the PC its self, The login is not connected to a Microsoft account. There is only one login account on the PC. The problem is this, I reboot my PC, the login window comes up, I login no...
  10. How to logon without a password

in Windows 10 Support
    How to logon without a password: When I updated to build 10159 I had to use my MSA to do so and thus needed to provide the password. Now that I have build 10159 is there a way for me to logon without needing to provide a password? Solved by setting up a local account in Settings using no password. 7636