Windows 10: Logon Problem (Win10 to Win7)

Discus and support Logon Problem (Win10 to Win7) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; First off I have to note by no means am I a network guru so please bear with me. I have a question/problem with networking. I have 5 PC’s - 4 laptops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by esskaykay, Jan 7, 2020.

1. esskaykay Win User

Logon Problem (Win10 to Win7)

First off I have to note by no means am I a network guru so please bear with me.

I have a question/problem with networking. I have 5 PC’s - 4 laptops and a desktop.
    Lap1 (Win10), Lap2 (Win10), Lap3 (Win8), Lap4 (Win7), Desk (Win7).

I routinely logon to Desk and Lap4 from Lap1 (no need to logon on to the others). Everything works fine with Desk; however, I am not able to logon to Lap4. I receive an error when I try to access Lap4 from Network:

“Windows cannot access \\Lap4. You do not have permission to access \\Lap4. Contact you network administrator to request access.”

I do not receive this error when attempting to logon to Desk.

As noted, both Desk and Lap4 are Win7 machines; Lap is Win10. I believe I have both Desk and Lap4 configured the similarly (i.e., I have user accounts with the same names on all three machines).

Now here’s a weird thing. I can map Lap4 using “Net Use X: \\lap4\drive”. However, I can not get to Lap4’s document folder (x:\users\name\documents) – I receive the same error message. But, I can get to Desk’s document folder.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Steve

:)

esskaykay, Jan 7, 2020

2. WIN 10 LOGON Failure

Attempted WIN 10 upgrade to WIN7 Home Premium SP1 on 3 occasions (separate downloads), the last time with the recent WIN10 update. Downloads and installation appeared clean each time until the LOGON screen appeared. When I entered PW on LOGON screen and
    selected 'Next', the process stalled. Eventually, system automatically entered reboot sequence, with the same results. I reinstalled WIN7, confirming the PW I used for the WIN10 LOGON is correct.

Any suggestions on installation issues and remedies?

ChrisChriston, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Scoobydu Win User
    homegroup win10 not recognize printer & scanner on win7 computer

Thank you so much for the quick response to my problem.

my devices I am trying to access on the win7 computer are:

Printer: Stylus Photo R200

Scanner: Perfection 4180

I had these originally on my computer B4 win10 install. After the install they did not work. That is why I connected to my other win7 computer. The win7 is within my Homegroup and when I access thru win10 I get access to docs, picts, videos, etc but not
    the above devices. Reversing this, accessing my win10 computer from the win7, I get the icon my Epson Workforce 310 printer which I set up on the win7 computer for printing as well as the above devices.

Went to Epson website on the win7 comp & found the recommended driver for win7. Did the same on the win10 comp to find drivers for win10. (Did not update these drivers yet.) Apparently they have 2 different drivers dependent on WIN version. Both drivers
    are up to date.

Is it possible the drivers are not compatible and this accounts for these devices not showing up on the win10 machine? Don't know if win10 driver will work on win7. I may try to set these up on win10 machine. If work can upgrade win7 to win10.

I tried steps 1 & 2. Step 3, I know I have devices set to show on the network.

Any other suggestions/comments??

Scoobydu, Jan 7, 2020
  4. NWeavo Win User

Duplicate Users and Duplicate "Other User" on Win10 Logon Screen after Upgrade from Win7

So I recently updated a Win7 computer to Win10.

When the Win10 logon screen pops up, it shows duplicate user (Domain) and duplicate "other user":

John Smith

Other user

John Smith

Other user

Any ideas on how to fix this?

NWeavo, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Logon Problem (Win10 to Win7) - Similar Threads - Logon Problem Win10

2. problem upgrade from win7 to win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem upgrade from win7 to win10: Install of Windows 10 fails in SAFE_OS during REPLICATE_OC 0x8007001F - 0x20006 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-upgrade-from-win7-to-win10/786ad7bb-b0d8-4a6f-81c1-7898c27765d8
  3. problem upgrade from win7 to win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem upgrade from win7 to win10: Install of Windows 10 fails in SAFE_OS during REPLICATE_OC 0x8007001F - 0x20006 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-upgrade-from-win7-to-win10/786ad7bb-b0d8-4a6f-81c1-7898c27765d8
  4. problem upgrade from win7 to win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Problem updating from WIN7 to WIN10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem updating from WIN7 to WIN10: I have a Dell computer from 2011. I'm trying to upgrade from WIN7 to WIN10.I got an error message when trying to run the MediaCreationTool21H2.exe. It says to reference the error code 0X80072F8F - 0X20000. Any suggestions would be appreciated....
  6. Problem updating from WIN7 to WIN10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem updating from WIN7 to WIN10: I have a Dell computer from 2011. I'm trying to upgrade from WIN7 to WIN10.I got an error message when trying to run the MediaCreationTool21H2.exe. It says to reference the error code 0X80072F8F - 0X20000. Any suggestions would be appreciated....
  7. Win7 on Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win7 on Win10?: Hey, When i boot up my windows 10 machine i get a classic windows 7 start up menu i believe it is when i made a win7 bootable but now i have this permanently. i went so far as to reset my pc nothing works. Please help! Link to video of what happens:...
  8. upgrade problems from win7 to win10

upgrade problems from win7 to win10: Hi, Having some issues upgrading a windows 7 system to windows 10. Ran the MS upgrade using mediacreationtool1909.exe on an older AMD processor (Athlon II X2 250 3.00ghz 32 bit) and the supporting motherboard, no other devices. It ran for awhile and then failed with this...
  9. Win10/Win7 Print Networking Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10/Win7 Print Networking Problem: I have a home network that was set up with all win7 machines and a HP LaserJet 4050 lpt printer attached to one of them. All machines had access thru the network to this one printer. I recently purchased a new win10 computer (Dell Precision 3630) to which I have attached the...
  10. update win7 to win10 10074 problem

update win7 to win10 10074 problem: I can install the update it goes through all the motions, reboots, continues, asks for my permission, reboots again and looks as if it is actually installing win 10, then upon hitting 100% it reboots once more and reverts back to my original OS making it completely impossible...