Windows 10: Logon problem

Discus and support Logon problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My wife's Lenovo Thinkpad just updated Windows and now demands a log-on password. She had previously set it to no password-what should she do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PhilApperly, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Logon problem

My wife's Lenovo Thinkpad just updated Windows and now demands a log-on password. She had previously set it to no password-what should she do?

:)

PhilApperly, Mar 7, 2021
  2. Ruz San Win User

Family Member cannot logon to Windows 10

Hi Sultan,

There are different causes that may bring up this error on your computer. To guide you better in resolving the issue, please answer the following questions:

• Is the administrator account the one having the error?
    • Did this happen after installing updates?
    • What suggestions have you tried?

You may find other suggestions on this
    page
    to fix the problem with the user profile. Try following the steps given by
    Malkeleah.

Let us know if you need more help.

Regards.

Ruz San, Mar 7, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Logon problem

WiFi logon problems - Andy

This reply did seem to temporarily fix the problem for a few days, but it has returned.

Looking at the FAQ's this seems to be a problem that affects a few users. Will there be a "fix" available soon from MS ?

My other PC is running Windows 7 and doesn't have any problems at all, this PC was previously running Windows 8.1 and also did not have any problems. From this I am assuming that the problems lies within Windows 10.

Looking forward to your reply.

Many thanks

Andy

Andrew Edden, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

Logon problem

1. Logon problem - Similar Threads - Logon problem

2. "Problem with my account" message when I logon to computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Problem with my account" message when I logon to computer: Split from this thread. Whenever I logon to computer it says problem with my account. what is tech support phone number so I can talk to an associate to help solve account problem?...
  3. Since latest update, problems with logon, language, and mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Since latest update, problems with logon, language, and mode: Logon: instead of place to enter pin, have to tap on airplane, but no cursor; keeps changing from airplane mode to wifi, against my wishes; ditto English-switches to DVR?. Any suggestions? All of these are constant, time-consuming, irritating problems--especially when I've...
  4. Microsoft account logon problem

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft account logon problem: Used my laptop on Friday no problem, but today when I tried logging on it said it was an incorrect password. I double checked e-mail and password, Caps Lock was off and language was EN. Went onto my ipad and had no difficulty accessing my Microsoft account, so whilst on there...
  5. Problems with authentication on domain using smart card logon

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with authentication on domain using smart card logon: Dear MS Support, we're using Smart Card logon as second method of our users to sign into domain based PCs. After latest Servicing Stack update KB4586863 and Cumulative update KB4586786, logon with smart card stopped working with this message: "This smart card could not be...
  6. Computer Logon password problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer Logon password problems: Reset password and received email from Microsoft confirming change but when I try to log back onto computer I am told I am using an invalid password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-logon-password-problems/9fbcb986-d358-4440-89f0-012513916dad
  7. Automatic Logon Problem.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Automatic Logon Problem.: I have setup the Administrator account as well as my User account. Neither are passworded! When I am in the Administrator account, I can switch to my User account by clicking the profile picture etc, and vice versa. There are two problems I am facing. [1] On the live...
  8. Logon Problem (Win10 to Win7)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Logon Problem (Win10 to Win7): First off I have to note by no means am I a network guru so please bear with me. I have a question/problem with networking. I have 5 PC’s - 4 laptops and a desktop. Lap1 (Win10), Lap2 (Win10), Lap3 (Win8), Lap4 (Win7), Desk (Win7). I routinely logon to Desk and Lap4 from...
  9. Problem with Task Running at Logon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with Task Running at Logon: I setup a task to run when I logon. However, this task runs at startup. I have it set to run only when a certain user (me) logs in, but it runs at startup no matter what. The task uses power shell to mount a .VHDX virtual drive....
  10. VLSC logon problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    VLSC logon problem: I received a donation for Office software from Microsoft via Techsoup and connectingUp. When I try to access the VLSC for the first time I bet the error shown below. I've tired logging in with a work account and a Microsoft account the results is always the same after I enter...