Windows 10: Logon Process Initialization Failure (occasionaly while loging off)

Discus and support Logon Process Initialization Failure (occasionaly while loging off) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I get the message: "Interactive logon Initialisation process has failed." This occurs only once in a while, while login off from a user. I get a black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mythrone, Aug 24, 2015.

1. mythrone Win User

Logon Process Initialization Failure (occasionaly while loging off)

I get the message: "Interactive logon Initialisation process has failed."
    This occurs only once in a while, while login off from a user. I get a black screen with a dialogue box with the message and an OK button. I can't click the OK button and need to do a reset because the computer is frozen.

Can't find anything special in the event log. or I'm not looking in the right place.
    Also, a refresh doesn't help. I did a full fresh re-install of windows 10 but the problem remains.
    Maybe a certain program I'm running?

:)

mythrone, Aug 24, 2015
  2. Elliottj Win User

Sign-In Process Initialization Failure

Venkatesh,

Thanks for the idea, but I have been having this problem from 8.1 update (from 8.0) starting in Nov. 2015.

I first did the scans, DISM.s a few times as suggested by supporters with no change is prgm error.

After windows update to 10.0 the baggage came with the new release and a corruptions of the ISO, or a complete failure of windows 10.0. I was lucky to be able to link to help desk to assist is loading the ISO from Microsoft web site, once, to clean out
    the system about 90% and a second time to have a clean ISO load.

Winlogon still did not work correctly, but gave up on the help desk, they could not debug anything. The final ISO load was clean and I have not had any system failures only errors for nviddmkm, apps microsoft=messaging,

My assumption is Power Management and Winlogon.Dll are just out of sync. driven by a registry entry in error or missing.

I am not interested in debugging system code even though I did for XP years ago.

As many issues were present with prior win releases, win 10.0 is the best so far, but this is a system issue and needs the tech programmers to trace the code issue and fix it.

J.

Elliottj, Aug 24, 2015
  3. Elliottj Win User
    Sign-In Process Initialization Failure

David Dickinson,

Thanks I will try it when it occurs again.

I have had one more issue related to the sign-out. After the 1/13 updates, I have gotten 3 sign out "deep blue" non responsive screens with the 90 sec delay type for which I assume it is related to the 90 sec box.

I have been careful not to sign out too quickly from any of my active accounts looking at the disk % active and have not had the "box of Death" appear for two days. Yea!

I also have a few remaining issues with win-10. After the third time re-installing win-10, most of the major failures were fixed of which was the system update.

Issues: 1. DistributedCom failure: 10005,10010 and 10016 over 700 in 7 days that's about 10 a day

issues: 2. Service Control Manager 7031 about 113 over 7 days.

Issues: 3. Schannel 36870 bout 30 over 7 days.

Issues: 3. Apps 5973 22 over 7 days.

All have been reported with comments from do this, to forget about it if its not a "blue screen" If I get a blue screen, I'm on it like a fly to the Century Plant.

I had the Nvidia nvlddmkm show up each start-up, but a poster noted to "uninstall the screen driver" and restart. That has fixed that. I fought the nvlddmkm for months in win-7 finally, fixed it with an a copy of it from an older update.

J.

Elliottj, Aug 24, 2015
  4. mythrone Win User

Found something in the eventlog. ID4005: Logon process from Windows has suddenly ended. (translation from Dutch)

mythrone, Aug 24, 2015
Thema:

1. Logon Process Initialization Failure (occasionaly while loging off) - Similar Threads - Logon Process Initialization

2. Sign-in process initialization failure.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign-in process initialization failure.: I recently have purchased and built a new gaming PC abd have only owned it for a few days now. It is a MSI B550 motherboard that has a Windows 10 OSWithout key.When I powered it on today, I was greeted with the message "Sign in process initialization failure." It will not...
  3. Sign-in process initialization failure.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign-in process initialization failure.: I recently have purchased and built a new gaming PC abd have only owned it for a few days now. It is a MSI B550 motherboard that has a Windows 10 OSWithout key.When I powered it on today, I was greeted with the message "Sign in process initialization failure." It will not...
  4. Sign-in process initialization failure.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Logon Process Initalization Failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Logon Process Initalization Failure: So earlier today i logged onto my laptop, and was greeted with an automatic repair load. I ignored it until i received this text box. "Interactive Logon process intiallization has failed. Please consult the event log for more details. I turned my computer on and off. Until i...
  6. Logon Process Initalization Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logon Process Initalization Failure: So earlier today i logged onto my laptop, and was greeted with an automatic repair load. I ignored it until i received this text box. "Interactive Logon process intiallization has failed. Please consult the event log for more details. I turned my computer on and off. Until i...
  7. Logon Process Initalization Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Sign-in process initialization failure

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign-in process initialization failure: Message popped up (computer hadn't been used in several days, just noticed it when I was straightening up the desk it was on): Sign-in process initialization failure- Interactive sign-in process initialization has failed. (OK box) Facts: -Bought September 24, 2018...
  9. Sign-in process initialization failure error (please help)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sign-in process initialization failure error (please help): Good afternoon all, I am currently running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and am running into the error on start up that states: Interacitve sign-in process initialization has failed. Please check the event log for details. I am at my wits end with this, I have tried doing...
  10. Sign-in process initialization failure on logout

in Windows 10 Support
    Sign-in process initialization failure on logout: Have you ever seen this? [img] "Interactive sign-in process initialization has failed" - this message box appears sometimes when I logout from a user account. It is very intermittent. And it feels like it usually happens when the system install is fresh, becoming more...