Windows 10: Logon process slows down during simultaneous login

Discus and support Logon process slows down during simultaneous login in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; In our computer labs, if we log in to a machine or 10 machines simultaneously the logon time for each machine is less than 30 seconds. But if we try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Razan M, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Razan M Win User

Logon process slows down during simultaneous login

In our computer labs, if we log in to a machine or 10 machines simultaneously the logon time for each machine is less than 30 seconds. But if we try to login to 20 or more machines then the login process takes longer. The first machine to complete the login takes about 40 seconds and the last machine takes about 3 to 4 minutes. The welcome message is displayed in all machines for about 5 seconds and then they wait for a random time with the Preparing Desktop message until the desktop is displayed.

The issue is not consistent with particular machines. If we re-run the tests, the order in each machine complete the process will change. The machine that finished the login process first can finish last and visa versa.

We checked our network switches and the servers. But we could not find any issues. We need to identify which process is causing the delay.

We use mandatory profiles with folder redirection.
    Windows 10 1903 / Server 2016

:)

Razan M, Feb 8, 2020

2. explorer.exe, windows 10 slow login with one user

Download Process Monitor or Windows Performance Toolkit. Compare the events which are logged among the following login scenarios:

• Normal login
    • Safe mode login
    • Sign out then login again
    • Wake from sleep

Disable things which slow down the login process such as:

• Network Discovery (under manage advanced sharing settings)
    • Pinning to Quick Access
    • Unnecessary services (Bluetooth, Virtual Machines, Emulators, etc)
    • Internet Access (Turn on Airplane mode on the lock screen)

And scripts such as:

• Startup (under task manager)
    • Use setup script (under network proxy settings)

References

Paul Sweatte, Feb 8, 2020
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Feb 8, 2020
  4. ollivetti Win User

Slow domain logon on remote sites with slow connection/bandwidth

Hello,

we are coping with slow domain logon times on our Windows 10 clients. At our local site, where the domain controller are placed, there are no problems. The slow logon time only occurs at remote sites with a low bandwidth, and it's not only the "first" login
    to the system. Our Windows 7 clients do not seem to have this problem.

It is a quite simple setup:

- no logon scripts

- no printers connected during logon

+ quite a lot of gpo's are configured to restrict the system

Hope someone has advice for me where. Many thank's in advance!

Regards

ollivetti, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Logon process slows down during simultaneous login - Similar Threads - Logon process slows

2. Computer slows down during the day.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer slows down during the day.: I turn off my computer every day. In the morning, when I turn it back "ON", I use "internet option" app to clean my computer, I use computer "properties" to clean up my drive, and I use CCleaner as an additional tool to finish cleaning up my computer. I verify all of my...
  3. Computer slows down during the day.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer slows down during the day.: I turn off my computer every day. In the morning, when I turn it back "ON", I use "internet option" app to clean my computer, I use computer "properties" to clean up my drive, and I use CCleaner as an additional tool to finish cleaning up my computer. I verify all of my...
  4. Logon Process Initalization Failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Logon Process Initalization Failure: So earlier today i logged onto my laptop, and was greeted with an automatic repair load. I ignored it until i received this text box. "Interactive Logon process intiallization has failed. Please consult the event log for more details. I turned my computer on and off. Until i...
  5. Logon Process Initalization Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logon Process Initalization Failure: So earlier today i logged onto my laptop, and was greeted with an automatic repair load. I ignored it until i received this text box. "Interactive Logon process intiallization has failed. Please consult the event log for more details. I turned my computer on and off. Until i...
  6. Slow Windows Logon

Slow Windows Logon: Hello, So I have been trying to figure out as to why it takes 10+ minutes from the time of entering my password, to the time I get to my desktop. Event viewer doesn't give any useful information as the only error is a DCOM connection timeout. I have made a second admin...
  7. PC crashing during restart and shut down process

PC crashing during restart and shut down process: Hi all, Ever since I upgraded my custom gaming PC replacing my existing Intel Core i5-6600 with a Ryzen 7 5800x, including a new motherboard, I have had a somewhat persistent issue. Most but not all of the time, when my PC restarts or shuts down, the entire system will...
  8. Very slow logon process

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Very slow logon process: My laptop runs Windows 10 Home, version 1909, Build 18363.815. After last April Win10 updates, all of a sudden, the winlogon process has been changed fron seconds to minutes. Please advise....
  9. Explorer.exe Hang During Login Process

Explorer.exe Hang During Login Process: Having an issue with various Windows 10 and some Windows 7 clients where once a user logs in to their PC or VM their desktop begins to load, but doesnt finish. Explorer.exe is hung at this point as clicking anywhere on the screen will bring up the error that...
  10. Slow logon

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow logon: My Win 10 installation boots fine and fast, but once I've entered my password it sits there for another 10 seconds - longer than the boot - before the desktop arrives, which is really annoying. Is that the way it is, or is there anything I could try to change it? 22131