Windows 10: logon screen after monitor sleeps

Discus and support logon screen after monitor sleeps in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have set my screensaver to start after 7 minutes and my display to sleep after 15 minutes. The "on resume display logon screen" box is unchecked.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RFCameron55, May 27, 2019.

1. logon screen after monitor sleeps

I have set my screensaver to start after 7 minutes and my display to sleep after 15 minutes. The "on resume display logon screen" box is unchecked. Regardless, since the May 1903 update the logon screen appears when I resume. This is not the end of the world serious but is irritating since I'm lazy and a terrible typist. Any suggestions? Thanks!

:)

RFCameron55, May 27, 2019
  2. SUISJ Win User

Logon screen delay on External monitor

I have a Yoga 900 connected to a 24 inch external monitor. There is no problem on the primary(laptop) monitor. However, there are couple seconds delay to appear the logon screen on external monitor. Is there a way to reduce the delay? Is that caused
    by windows driver or display setting?

SUISJ, May 27, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 27, 2019
  4. logon screen after monitor sleeps

Screen Sleep

Hi Al,

You can disable screen sleep by configuring the Power Settings. To configure the Power Settings, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • Select Power & Sleep.
    • Under Sleep, select Never from the drop-down menu.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, May 27, 2019
Thema:

logon screen after monitor sleeps

1. logon screen after monitor sleeps - Similar Threads - logon screen monitor

2. Scaling problems after monitor sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scaling problems after monitor sleep: Hi, I've searched many forums and can't find a resolution or even a similar issue. I recently went to a fresh install of Windows 10 and noticed shortly after that after the monitor wakes from sleep, there's a good chance that the scaling on my notification/action center will...
  3. Win 10 no logon option after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 no logon option after sleep mode: When Windows 10 returns from sleep mode, I get the background image and power options (shutdown, sleep, restart) but no logon options. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-no-logon-option-after-sleep-mode/ad10bf6f-40ea-4e74-a593-c48a6961122d
  4. black screen with curser after logon

in Windows 10 Customization
    black screen with curser after logon: How do you fix this problem. After bootup, logon screen comes up. After entering password, screen loads blank or black with curser only. Tried shell reset to explorer.exe. What else can I try?...
  5. Monitor is black after sleep

Monitor is black after sleep: So when i try to wake my pc from sleep, my pc wakes but the monitor is black and after like 1 min of waiting my pc automatically restarts which is rather annoying since I've tried everything i could to fix it with no success. This issue started to occur after i swapped from...
  6. Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep: I am experiencing a critical issue - when my computer goes into sleep mode, or if I manually place it in sleep mode, the monitor will not wake. The PC is running; I can hear the fan and the light on the front of the monitor is on, but the monitor itself will not wake. The...
  7. no auto logon or sleep setting.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    no auto logon or sleep setting.: running new HP 23 all-in-one win 8.1. took 6 tries to upgrade to win 10. always locked up on preparing for installation. after running w10 I set to logon auto without password and set sleep to 20 min. then restarted, it asked for password and it was incorrect. hit ok and two...
  8. monitor sleeps after 10 minutes

monitor sleeps after 10 minutes: so i upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 the other day (clean install) and my monitors go to sleep after 10 minutes of inactivity i have my screen and computer set to never sleep everything is set to never no screensaver i have set system unattended sleep to never (ive set...
  9. Logon screen?????

in Windows 10 Support
    Logon screen?????: i haven't seen anything here about the logon screen, but my logon screen is horrible. it is the most buggy thing about win 10 for me, and it crashes almost all the time. i get a flashing screen, and the credentials to logon are hard to get it to accept them. does anyone else...
  10. URGENT: Logon Screen Flickering after Update

in Windows 10 Support
    URGENT: Logon Screen Flickering after Update: My computer started randomly updating today at 1:30 PM (extremely inconvenient) without me even agreeing to it and the update took around 2 and a half hours. After that, I was greeted with a message saying "Your PC has been updated" and this started to happen: FsrodURZDN8...