Windows 10: Logon screen appearing prematurely

Discus and support Logon screen appearing prematurely in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have two machines both running Win 11 Pro latest update. Both machines are set to have a screensaver start after 30 minutes, which works fine on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MartinWalker5, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Logon screen appearing prematurely

I have two machines both running Win 11 Pro latest update. Both machines are set to have a screensaver start after 30 minutes, which works fine on both. However, I have the same problem on both- the screen will change to the logon screen without warning, at intervals ranging from as short as a minute or so to several minutes of inactivity. This requires me to logon again, which is never a problem, just annoying to have to do. How can I prevent this?

:)

MartinWalker5, Aug 17, 2022

2. Logon screen appearing prematurely

I have two machines both running Win 11 Pro latest update. Both machines are set to have a screensaver start after 30 minutes, which works fine on both. However, I have the same problem on both- the screen will change to the logon screen without warning, at intervals ranging from as short as a minute or so to several minutes of inactivity. This requires me to logon again, which is never a problem, just annoying to have to do. How can I prevent this?

MartinWalker5, Aug 18, 2022
  3. Csers Win User
    Windows 10 Sleeps Prematurely

Your suggested step 1, worked temporarily. Computer is back to sleeping prematurely. Any other suggestions?

Csers, Aug 18, 2022
  4. Logon screen appearing prematurely

Lock Screen to Logon Credentials not working as desired

The recent upgrade(s) of my Windows 10 Pro sees Version 1709 and OS Build 16299.19 loaded. My original settings of not seeing the lock screen picture not appearing on the logon screen has seen the lock screen picture not being displayed at all, instead it is just a plain colour. However if I allow the logon screen to appear on top of the lock screen picture, then the lock screen picture is visible. A change the picture, even to one of the defaults, it still doesn't work as desired.

Suggestions to resolve this issue welcomed.

trolleybus, Aug 18, 2022
Thema:

Logon screen appearing prematurely

1. Logon screen appearing prematurely - Similar Threads - Logon screen appearing

2. Logon screen appearing prematurely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logon screen appearing prematurely: I have two machines both running Win 11 Pro latest update. Both machines are set to have a screensaver start after 30 minutes, which works fine on both. However, I have the same problem on both- the screen will change to the logon screen without warning, at intervals ranging...
  3. Installer stopped prematurely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installer stopped prematurely: Hi there, Running Edition Windows 11 ProVersion 22H2Installed on ‎28/‎06/‎2022OS build 22621.105Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22632.1000.0Had been forced to carry out a full reinstall of windows 11 pro. Used the 22621.105 iso.Install finished with no errors...
  4. Installer stopped prematurely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installer stopped prematurely: Hi there, Running Edition Windows 11 ProVersion 22H2Installed on ‎28/‎06/‎2022OS build 22621.105Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22632.1000.0Had been forced to carry out a full reinstall of windows 11 pro. Used the 22621.105 iso.Install finished with no errors...
  5. Logon Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Logon Screen: How to bypass the logon screen in Windows 10. netplwiz no longer works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logon-screen/5df18666-b060-4d37-bd5b-5322fedebc53
  6. Windows Logon Screen Not Appearing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Logon Screen Not Appearing: On startup the laptop with Windows 10 Pro edition logon screen is not appearing. Even try to press the enter, escape keys won't working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-logon-screen-not-appearing/35f40ce4-c80b-4bea-9c96-c174bb813a80
  7. Strange logon screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange logon screen: When my system reboots or shuts down I get an odd dos prompt window. It displays the ctrl-alt-del prompt to logon and then asks for my password. At shutdown it simply displays the dos window and then shuts down. Any ideas on what is wrong. I had it to a tech and they could...
  8. New Local User Not Appearing on Logon Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Local User Not Appearing on Logon Screen: I am having an issue with trying to add new local users in windows 10. I went into accounts/other people and add someone else to this pc and created a new local administrator. However when i log out or attempt to switch user no others appear in the bottom left apart from a...
  9. Administrator logon appears before my account logon page on startup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator logon appears before my account logon page on startup: Hi, I recently restored Windows 10 on my laptop. Since then, something unusual has been happening every time I logon. First, I get the Administrator logon page, which says that "Your account has been disabled. Please see your system administrator." [img] Next, when I...
  10. Logon screen?????

in Windows 10 Support
    Logon screen?????: i haven't seen anything here about the logon screen, but my logon screen is horrible. it is the most buggy thing about win 10 for me, and it crashes almost all the time. i get a flashing screen, and the credentials to logon are hard to get it to accept them. does anyone else...