Windows 10: Logon screen problem, blue screen with dots circle after Ann. Update

Discus and support Logon screen problem, blue screen with dots circle after Ann. Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Running anniversary update here... I start my computer, then it loads until I get the main screen (with the clock and date), where I can choose my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jdenhaer, Aug 11, 2016.

1. jdenhaer Win User

Logon screen problem, blue screen with dots circle after Ann. Update

Running anniversary update here...

I start my computer, then it loads until I get the main screen (with the clock and date), where I can choose my username and enter my password ( I have 5 users).
    Sometimes when clicking or typing enter, I can choose a user, type in my password and the system loads perfectly.
    Sometimes though, when clicking (or typing enter) on the main screen for the users to appear, the system goes to a blank, blue screen with rotating dots. It takes forever and I have to reset the system.
    It happens before I can even choose a user or enter in the password. It happens rather often.

I have a backup from before the anniversary update but maybe this is a known issue. Believe it, my system is malware free and there is no garbage installed on it. Did SFC /scannow and it gives no problems.

Anyone has the same experience and/or a sollution?

:)

jdenhaer, Aug 11, 2016

2. 10 update

My desk top will not reboot after update. Black screen and a small circle of dots and the line "restoring your previous version of windows. Then the screen goes black again, shows the blue windows logo and then back to black screen with little circle.

HELP it has been like this for days.

andreaisqueen, Aug 11, 2016
  3. Windows 10

After doing a automatic update, Windows 10 will not boot up. It gets to a blue screen where there is a dotted circle and just keeps spinning its wheels.

JimmyBroadwater, Aug 11, 2016
  4. compumech Win User

I have the same issue, right after the update. My machine is part of a domain and generally only I log in. When I press ctrl-alt-delete, I get the spinning circle in a blue screen. I tried waiting for it the first time to no avail, so I reset the machine, then I can log in just fine. Now, every time I see that rotating circle I reset the machine and I can log in fine afterwards. I'm searching for a solution as well, and will update if I figure anything out.

compumech, Aug 12, 2016
  5. jdenhaer Win User
    Well, not to brag. But I have a higher degree in Informatics. I contacted Microsoft and allowed them remote access to my system.
    The guy just disabled all the non-microsoft services through msconfig and asked me to reboot a couple of times. The problem of course didn't occur that time.
    His conclusion was, that it had to do with some softwareservices from third party software.
    Now, I know I have a clean system. Only 5 third party services load while booting. I have no malware whatsoever and no crap installed.

Right after closing the call with Microsoft, the problem occured again with all those third-party services disabled.

It is a problem with their upgrade, period.

I already restored the backup I made right before the upgrade and I am problem free again. But I hope they'll fix it in 4 months, because then I'll don't have a choice anymore...

jdenhaer, Aug 12, 2016
  6. compumech Win User
    Hey, sorry it seems like I'm a bit late on the fix, but I figured out what the problem was. This issue always happens after a clean shut down, so I tested it a few times to make sure it works. I came across this video here: . Long and short of it, if you go into the Action Center menu --> All settings --> System, then choose Power & Sleep --> Additional power settings, now click on the link "Choose what the power button does" on the left hand side --> click on the "Change settings that are currently unavailable" link --> Uncheck "Turn on fast startup (recommended)". Save changes and restart.

The problem has not returned since. As usual, this is the case of Microsoft adding a feature that's supposed to help make things better, but actually makes things worse, unless you just bought your computer a week before the feature was added.

Good luck.

compumech, Aug 14, 2016
  7. jdenhaer Win User
    Thanks for responding. Nice searching together *Wink.
    I think you are talking about the hybernate function which allows you to boot fast.
    The problem is that on my system it was already turned off because my SSD is fast enough to boot in a few seconds without the function.
    So in my case that couldn't have been the problem.
    Unless you are talking about another new function to boot faster that I don't know about.
    Now I already restored my backup from before the upgrade and postponed upgrades with the microsoft updates service.

Update: I watched the youtube video and it is indeed the hybernate function that already existed in previous versions of windows. So in my case that couldn't have been it.

jdenhaer, Aug 14, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Logon screen problem, blue screen with dots circle after Ann. Update - Similar Threads - Logon screen problem

2. Blue Circle in one section of screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Circle in one section of screen: I updated to windows 11 and I've been plagued with issues ever since. My laptop slows down after using it for a few hours and the weirdest of all, in only one section of the screen my mouse turns into the blue spinning circle so in that section and that section only I cannot...
  3. Black Screen with cursor and blue circle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen with cursor and blue circle: HI A couple of days ago, my pc stopped working correctly and now only boots to a black screen with a cursor and blue circle. I am unable to login and any attempt to get to the boot screen or other results in no change. I have used the Windows P keys and can change the...
  4. Black screen and blue loading circle after updating windows

Black screen and blue loading circle after updating windows: Hello, I just updated windows and after restarting pc the screen turned black with mouse and blue spinning circle. It’s not an old pc so I dont think it because of that? If anyone can please help me....
  5. Black screen with cursor/black screen with circling white dots when booting up after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with cursor/black screen with circling white dots when booting up after...: So I bought a pre built pc about a year ago and decided to upgrade my pc’s motherboard as the one that came with the pre built wasn’t great. I replaced the motherboard with a ASUS Prime Z370-AII and installed all the components into the motherboard...however, when I boot up...
  6. Problem blue screen after update KB4506472

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem blue screen after update KB4506472: Hi, last night I installed an update for win 10, the KB5405472. Today when I started the computer it gave me the blue screen. Can anyone help me uninstall the latest update through the command prompt ?? I would like to avoid losing data...
  7. white circling dots on blue and black screen

white circling dots on blue and black screen: When booting up win 10 on laptop, it goes through this sequence - computer logo on black screen with white circling dots, then black screen with white circling dots, then blue screen same and please wait, then login, then login screen, white circling dots and welcome....
  8. Black Screen with circling Dots

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen with circling Dots: I have been having trouble with windows 10. One of the articles suggested to hold down the start button 3 times and start the PC 3 times. I did and the screen started going through stages of fixing. The Screen went black with the circling dots for the last 6 hours or so. I...
  9. Black screen with Blue Circling Spot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen with Blue Circling Spot: Can Anyone help me with this dilemma, I can't install to the latest update every time I do I get a black screen with a circling blue spot. I've had to restore my computer 5 times because of it. The Second time I restored my computer I Installed the update I let it sit there...
  10. W10 pretty blue screen with circling dots on boot up/restart

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 pretty blue screen with circling dots on boot up/restart: Lenovo Y500 laptop takes hours to boot but then appears to run normally. It's been doing this for quite a while, I just haven't taken the time to try to track down the culprit. This is my daughter's laptop. Came as a Win8 or Win8.1 laptop and took the free upgrade to W10...