Windows 10: Logon script runs at startup and not at user logon

Discus and support Logon script runs at startup and not at user logon in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have 3 PCs, and my logon script in my Group Policy (C:\WINDOWS\System32\GroupPolicy\User\Scripts\Logon) runs as expected at user logon in all 3 PCs.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sbello, May 20, 2019.

1. sbello Win User

Logon script runs at startup and not at user logon

I have 3 PCs, and my logon script in my Group Policy (C:\WINDOWS\System32\GroupPolicy\User\Scripts\Logon) runs as expected at user logon in all 3 PCs. However, in my fourth PC, the logon script runs at startup prior to a user logging onto this PC. I cannot seem to figure out the reason; can anyone please help me?

:)

sbello, May 20, 2019

2. GPOs not running logon scripts

Greetings,

we have an environment of 2 DCs running WS 2008R2 and applying several GPOs. The GPOs that have a user logon script (vbs or ps1) can not run. At the same time, if we run the vbs scripts from a pc on the domain they run successfully. Any suggestions would
    be appreciated!

Thanking you in advance.

Eleftheria Siachalou, May 20, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - When user first logs on, logon script doesn't run

Hello

We have some new Windows 10 PCs in a primary school. When a domain user logs on to one of these machines for the first time, the logon script fails to run nor any group policy settings are not downloaded. This means the user has to log off, then back on
    again for the settings (such as proxy) to be applied.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could work around this?

Thanks

MattLivesey, May 20, 2019
  4. wolf2009 Win User

Mapped network drives do not connect at logon in vista with automatic logon enabled

I have vista x64 . I have some mapped network drives . They get connected when i enter the password at logon screen. Now i enabled automatic logon in vista and they do not connect anymore . I have to double click on them and enter the password manually .

Windows displays the message "Could not connect to all drives" at logon .

They used to connect automatically in xo with automatic logon enabled.

My logon password is the same as the administrator password with which i can connect to these drives .

wolf2009, May 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Logon script runs at startup and not at user logon - Similar Threads - Logon script runs

2. Play Windows Startup at logon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Play Windows Startup at logon: Hey, How to play the Windows Startup (or other sound) In Logon? so, It will be the indicator to open Chrome. Cheers, JB Carreon 177478
  3. Logon loop on startup.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Logon loop on startup.: Hi, After a restart on my Lenovo Thinkpad t490, I entered my pin as usual. However, after the welcome message it returned to the lock screen and did not sign on. I restarted the computer and tried again many times, but I was never able to logon. My operating sustem is...
  4. Run Windows PowerShell scripts first at user logon, logoff, startup, and shutdown

in Windows 10 News
    Run Windows PowerShell scripts first at user logon, logoff, startup, and shutdown: [ATTACH]If you want to run Windows PowerShell scripts first at user logon, logoff, startup, […] This article Run Windows PowerShell scripts first at user logon, logoff, startup, and shutdown first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Logon/fast startup questions.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Logon/fast startup questions.: Is there a way to stop windows from auto logging into an account that isn’t password protected? Also, If I turn on my computer and sign into my account sometimes either something that I left open when it turned it off will be back and open. Or if I know I’m the only one...
  6. Windows 10 Logon Script

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Logon Script: Hello all, I'm trying to figure out why Windows 10 doesn't seem to like to show something on startup to my networks users on login. A bit of information is that we have a server with different logon scripts depending on what drives the person needs to see when they log in....
  7. Window 10 with WSL Task Scheduler task run at Startup/Logon running a PowerShell script...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 with WSL Task Scheduler task run at Startup/Logon running a PowerShell script...: Here is the content of PowerShell script I am trying to run via a startup or log on task created via Task Scheduler in Windows 10. #power shell file saved as autostartsshd.ps1 bash -c 'sudo service ssh start' This runs fine when run with powershell. But running from...
  8. Avoiding Auto-logon at startup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Avoiding Auto-logon at startup: I have the latest W10 edition/update and now find that I must use my password to open up my laptop. Luckily I still knew it so I was able to log on; but I want to remove this step. What happens at power up is that the laptop sits with a picture screen and says that the...
  9. Avoiding logon at startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Avoiding logon at startup: I have the latest W10 edition/update and now find that I must use my password to open up my laptop. Luckily I still knew it so I was able to log on; but I want to remove this step. What happens at power up is that the laptop sits with a picture screen and says that the...
  10. Administrator logon appears before my account logon page on startup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator logon appears before my account logon page on startup: Hi, I recently restored Windows 10 on my laptop. Since then, something unusual has been happening every time I logon. First, I get the Administrator logon page, which says that "Your account has been disabled. Please see your system administrator." [img] Next, when I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. STARTUP:POWERSHELL