Windows 10: Logon to other accounts through "Other User"

Discus and support Logon to other accounts through "Other User" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am now using Windows 10 (1607 version). I want to display certain users on logon screen and also allow login to other accounts through "Other User"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gtsue52, Nov 7, 2018.

1. gtsue52 Win User

Logon to other accounts through "Other User"

I am now using Windows 10 (1607 version).

I want to display certain users on logon screen and also allow login to other accounts through "Other User" (like in Windows 7).

However, I can only either display all the accounts on logon screen or type both the username and passwords through "Other User".

Is there any setting about that?

Thank you.

:)

gtsue52, Nov 7, 2018
  2. jgunning Win User

Hiding user accounts

Hi all,

So question for you, I have a machine, non-domain, windows 7 home prem. I have a tech account and a user account, when you get to windows logon, it shows tech profile there.is there a way to hide the tech profile from the logon screen...?Or make it so they have to type their credentials in manually to logon..?

obviously secpol or gpedit would be perfect for requiring control alt delete on logon in windows pro but on home prem i cant figure out a way.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

*Toast :toast:

jgunning, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Logon to other accounts through "Other User"

Windows 10 Administrator id - User Accounts and Logon Screen

Glad that your concern about the update has been resolved.

You can create a new administrator account and then delete the account that has been made by the Answer Desk. Follow the steps below:

For creating a new administrator account:

• Go to Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts > Manage another account > Add a new user in PC settings > Add someone else in this PC.
    • Enter the credentials needed.
    • Click the account that you have made and then click the Change account type
      option.
    • Choose Administrator and then click OK.
    • Restart your computer.
    For removing the account that you don't want to see on the logon screen of your computer.

• Go to Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts > Manage another account >
      click the account that you are referring to > Delete the account.
    • Choose whether to Delete Files or Keep Files
      for that specific account.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Logon to other accounts through "Other User"

1. Logon to other accounts through "Other User" - Similar Threads - Logon accounts through

2. Other User accounts NOT loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other User accounts NOT loading: My NEW laptop, updated to Win11 as soon as I started it, I've created 4 "Users" on it, Only logged on with 1 user until now 6 weeks after buying it tried to log on with any of the other user accounts, and all I get is a BLACK screen after "signing in". Tried Safe...
  3. Other User accounts NOT loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Other User accounts NOT loading: My NEW laptop, updated to Win11 as soon as I started it, I've created 4 "Users" on it, Only logged on with 1 user until now 6 weeks after buying it tried to log on with any of the other user accounts, and all I get is a BLACK screen after "signing in". Tried Safe...
  4. Managing Other User account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Managing Other User account: I have given my son a surface to use in school and his profile was created by his school under other users. I am the administrator of the surface but I am unable to add his account to the family account neither am I able to restrict his time on the surface. Is there something...
  5. "Other user" button/option is not showing at logon screen.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "Other user" button/option is not showing at logon screen.: Hello,When I sign out or reboot, I am not seeing the "Other user" option or button at the bottom left. I have tried many things including what is in this article and it doesn't...
  6. User accounts "bleed" their settings into other user accounts

User accounts "bleed" their settings into other user accounts: Hey there! MSI Trident 3 Windows 10 Home 1909 64-bit Long story short, we bought this computer, set it up, and added a user account for my wife and myself. The issue started with her account icon turning into my icon and now her account has my wallpaper and my color scheme...
  7. Other User on logon screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Other User on logon screen: Hi, the laptop given to me by my school suddenly started saying other user on logon, I am not the administrator is there anyway to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/other-user-on-logon-screen/dbadf391-f7b2-44a2-aef4-dd4257875d3a
  8. Other user logon issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Other user logon issue: I recently received a re-imaged computer upgraded to Windows 10. Since then, when I use my docking station, and begin a logon with my user name and password, it stays on the "other user" profile for at least 5 minutes before getting to my personal profile, then takes...
  9. Other User is the only account

Other User is the only account: Hi, its no great loss, I backed everything up. but my PC, I was using for basic testing and web stuff, is now not letting me in, I did the free upgrade, all good. decided, what the hell, lets reset the lot. (using the delete everything option) Windows 10 boots fine, but...
  10. Keyboard on other users accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard on other users accounts: I cannot seem to change it for my other user accounts. Mine is fine but the others have @ symbol above the 2 whilst I need it near enter. The language settings are UK and override for windows display language says 'use language list'. I change it to UK and save but it never...