Windows 10: Logon windows 10 - Pin not possible, SpareKey seems to remove this option

Discus and support Logon windows 10 - Pin not possible, SpareKey seems to remove this option in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to use a pin to logon to my laptop. However, I only get options for Sparekey, fingerprint (which kind of sucks) and passwords. I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RvL_, Jan 5, 2019.

1. RvL_ Win User

Logon windows 10 - Pin not possible, SpareKey seems to remove this option

Hi,

I would like to use a pin to logon to my laptop. However, I only get options for Sparekey, fingerprint (which kind of sucks) and passwords. I know how to setup a pin and a pin has been setup and removed multiple times. However, the pin option does not appear.

After some googling, it seems to be a problem that more people have encourtered, while no clear solution is presented. Could someone help me with removing the Sparekey or another method to retrieve the option to logon by pin?

Thanks!

:)

RvL_, Jan 5, 2019

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Lost the ability to log into Windows 10 with PIN

I got a new HP computer, with Win7 installed, updated to Win 10 via supplied HP DVD, then updated online to the latest version of Win 10.

I have already SET my PIN, but it won't give me that option when I logon. It only gives me Password or SpareKey as an option.

I have tried removing the pin, then adding it back. No joy.

PIN works on my other computers - what's gone wrong here?

Shaharin Yussof, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

PIN

Hi Matthew,

There's a possibility that the PIN code you're asked to enter is the PIN code of your Windows 10 user account. If you signed in to Windows 10 using your Microsoft account, the Xbox app will take the credentials you've used to sign in. Let's remove the PIN
    code. Here are the steps:

1. Click Start and select Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Select Sign-in options, under PIN, click
      Remove
    4. Confirm the changes by entering your profile password.

Refer to
    Can I sign in to Windows
    without a password for the steps on how to change the sign-in options for your Windows 10 device.

If the same instance occurs after removing the PIN code and changing your user account's sign-in options, we suggest that you sign in to
    Xbox.com. This is to verify if there's an issue with your Xbox account.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Logon windows 10 - Pin not possible, SpareKey seems to remove this option - Similar Threads - Logon Pin possible

2. No login possible, only option is PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No login possible, only option is PIN: I am locked out of my computer. I never used a PIN to log in, always face recognition. Now it tells me that I have entered an incorrect PIN too many times. It also prompts the challenge phrase and restart. There are no other options at all. I can access this account on...
  3. No login possible, only option is PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No login possible, only option is PIN: I am locked out of my computer. I never used a PIN to log in, always face recognition. Now it tells me that I have entered an incorrect PIN too many times. It also prompts the challenge phrase and restart. There are no other options at all. I can access this account on...
  4. Pin to logon on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin to logon on Windows: Hi,Does anyone know how to reset the Win 11 PIN if the "Forgot Pin" option does not appear on the screen when logging in?Is there a chance to reset the pin from another device or website?Thanks for help. Best Regards,...
  5. Pin to logon on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin to logon on Windows: Hi,Does anyone know how to reset the Win 11 PIN if the "Forgot Pin" option does not appear on the screen when logging in?Is there a chance to reset the pin from another device or website?Thanks for help. Best Regards,...
  6. Cannot Remove PIN Logon

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Remove PIN Logon: There was a program I installed that required me to create a PIN number for windows and after doing this I'm now required to log into Windows with a PIN instead of password. I've seen several tutorials online on how to remove said PIN number but the 'remove' button under...
  7. Cannot Remove PIN Logon

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Remove PIN Logon: There was a program I installed that required me to create a PIN number for windows and after doing this I'm now required to log into Windows with a PIN instead of password. I've seen several tutorials online on how to remove said PIN number but the 'remove' button under...
  8. How to disable / remove the PIN logon at startup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to disable / remove the PIN logon at startup: I tried this tutorial, doesn't work for me Remove PIN from your Account in Windows 10 Because there is no "remove" button (see picture) A regedit file to get rid of this nuisance would be great but anything else that would work will do Please help! 158714
  9. How to disable / remove the PIN logon at startup

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable / remove the PIN logon at startup: I tried this tutorial, doesn't work for me Remove PIN from your Account in Windows 10 Because there is no "remove" button (see picture) A regedit file to get rid of this nuisance would be great but anything else that would work will do Please help! 158714
  10. Windows 10 Pro Remove PIN sign in option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro Remove PIN sign in option: I recently purchased 2 systems, set them up using PIN sign in because it basically forced me to do so. Now because of it I am not able to access printers in the network. Every other computer in the office sees them and can use them, only windows 10 Pro doesn't. How do I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sparekey windows 10

2. sparekey options turn off

3. hp sparekey removes windows 10 pin option

4. hp sparekey windows 10 not asking for pin,
  5. hp sparekey pin not working,
  6. how to remove spare key login win10,
  7. Windows Hello PIN domain 0x801c004d,
  8. change sparekey options windows 10,
  9. windows 10 spare key,
  10. remove sparekey sign in windows 10,
  11. pincode 0x801c004d,