Windows 10: logon with smartcard

Discus and support logon with smartcard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is it possible and if yes how to logon in windows 10 (home version 64-bits) with a smartcard? Open Source software? Microsoft build-in? I already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by aliskander, Jan 16, 2016.

1. logon with smartcard

Is it possible and if yes how to logon in windows 10 (home version 64-bits) with a smartcard?
    Open Source software?
    Microsoft build-in?
    I already installed the drivers for the smartcard reader and the middleware.
    I have a Belgian Eid card and I can connect to sites which need a smartcard so that is ok.
    thanks in advance, gabriël

:)

aliskander, Jan 16, 2016

2. Smart card is required for interactive logon and windows mobile

Hi there,

If your organization requires smartcard logon for users (Smartcard is required for interactive logon) what are the design options for implementing mobile access with windows mobile? Shadow accounts?

Does somebody have a trace from the detailed request? Or a ASN.1 notation? Any further documentation?

Which of the fields in the user-certificate will be checked? Serial number? Username? all together?

I cannot find any documentation how to address a requirement like this and still being able to offer mail/calendar access to users.

I guess one option is to enable smartcard logon on workstations only and not on the user but thats kind of half baked solution, I would really like to enable it on the user object instead.

Has anyone run into the same requirements somewhere and come up with some interesting idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks

Captain Future, Jan 16, 2016
  3. Hampus C Win User
    Smartcard for Windows 10 Logon

Hi,

I hope everything is good with you guys!

To start off, I know there are lots of posts about smartcards and readers, but none of them has answered my question to 100%.

I'm about to start using smartcard for my Windows 10 Logon, but there are tons of different readers and cards so I doesn't really know what I should and can use.

Can anyone that knows this type of things help me on the way?

I was looking at some Gemalto cards, "IDPrime .NET 510 yellow (with OTP ready for CAS server customers)" and "IDPrime MD 830 B FIPS 140-2 Level 2". Can any of those cards be the right thing to use?

Best Regards,

Hampus

Hampus C, Jan 16, 2016
Thema:

logon with smartcard

1. logon with smartcard - Similar Threads - logon smartcard

2. How to show a clear logon background on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to show a clear logon background on Windows 10: When you sign-in to a Windows 10 device you may notice a rather odd behavior. The background image is displayed just fine when you start the device but as soon as you interact with the screen, it is blurred. The following guide helps you restore a clear logon background....
  3. Windows Logon Screen Not Appearing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Logon Screen Not Appearing: On startup the laptop with Windows 10 Pro edition logon screen is not appearing. Even try to press the enter, escape keys won't working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-logon-screen-not-appearing/35f40ce4-c80b-4bea-9c96-c174bb813a80
  4. Removing password request on logon created a second user out of nowhere

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Removing password request on logon created a second user out of nowhere: Hello, Whoever develops or thinks about user experience for Microsoft windows, and excuse my french but is a **** dimwit who can't even think for himself. After spending 20 minutes every single **** time when I reinstall Windows to find info how to login automatically,...
  5. IE Yahoo Email logon automatically opens Edge? :(

in Browsers and Email
    IE Yahoo Email logon automatically opens Edge? :(: . *Eek Today on this laptop, I opened IE and tried to log into yahoo mail. I had just yesterday been forced to accept win 10 ver 2004 (autodownloaded and installed) and now am unable to access yahoo mail without it automatically opening edge (with IE saying this website...
  6. Logon Failed After Updating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Logon Failed After Updating Windows 10: I just updated Windows 10 on one of my Dell desktops. After the reboot I got the following message: The User Profile Service failed the sign-in. User Profile could not be loaded. How do I fix this? I tried using both my pin and password and both failed Marc Marcuzzi...
  7. Long logon time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Long logon time: Winlogon warning (ID: 6006) in Event Viewer showed this: The winlogon notification subscriber <Profiles> took 178 second(s) to handle the notification event (Logon). I'm using a personal laptop with the newest build of Windows 10. I've searched the error on the Internet...
  8. Windows Memory Diagnostic message keeps appearing on logon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Memory Diagnostic message keeps appearing on logon: Hello! I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool last night but now every time Windows logs on, it gives me a message saying: Windows Memory Diagnostic No memory errors were detected Once the message is closed, the icon will stay in 'show hidden icons' system tray... I...
  9. Logon prompt not detecting smartcard?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logon prompt not detecting smartcard?: All, Isn't Windows supposed to detect a smartcard and prompt for a PIN at logon? When I insert my card, nothing happens. I can then login using a local account, open my card manager application and see the card with the identification and certificate information perfectly....
  10. Logon prompt not detecting smartcard?

in Windows 10 Support
    Logon prompt not detecting smartcard?: All, Isn't Windows supposed to detect a smartcard and prompt for a PIN at logon? When I insert my card, nothing happens. I can then login using a local account, open my card manager application and see the card with the identification and certificate information perfectly....