Windows 10: logon

Discus and support logon in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have had a pc for around seven 7 years and have used the same pin number since new ! Maybe for the last few weeks to which i am no farther forward ,... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ChristopherBevan, May 3, 2021.

1. logon

I have had a pc for around seven 7 years and have used the same pin number since new ! Maybe for the last few weeks to which i am no farther forward , i still cannot logon to my pc . When i turn my pc on and type in my pin , it tells me it is wrong . Why is and how can this happen ? It has got to be human error as this is who does the programming . updates maybe the reason ? The simple fact is that my pin is wrong according to microsoft but i know different ! Give me the solution , remedy , answer so i can operate my pc .

:)

ChristopherBevan, May 3, 2021
  2. Ruz San Win User

Family Member cannot logon to Windows 10

Hi Sultan,

There are different causes that may bring up this error on your computer. To guide you better in resolving the issue, please answer the following questions:

• Is the administrator account the one having the error?
    • Did this happen after installing updates?
    • What suggestions have you tried?

You may find other suggestions on this
    page
    to fix the problem with the user profile. Try following the steps given by
    Malkeleah.

Let us know if you need more help.

Regards.

Ruz San, May 3, 2021
  3. PC STUCK ON LOGON SCREEN

Hello Vasanth,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience as your are unable to logon to the computer, we will help you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to enable built-in administrator account from safe mode, log-in with that account and troubleshoot the current user account.

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Try to login to your temporary user account, enable built in administrator account and try to change the account settings.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Step 3: I suggest you toRun Microsoft Account Troubleshooter
    and check.

Link: Microsoft Account
    troubleshooter

Please do get back to us with the status of this issue. We will be happy to assist you further, if the issue still persist.

Deepika Gowda, May 3, 2021
  4. logon

Windows 10 logon requires 2 separate logons

It would be quite a deliberate "accident" to set a BIOS password because you actually need to get into BIOS to set it! Removing it requires the same steps: Get into the BIOS, then clear the password.

If you do not remember the BIOS password then there are two options:

• If this is a desktop PC then you need to open the case and remove the shiny button cell battery from the motherboard for 10 minutes. This will clear the BIOS password.
    • If this is a laptop then you need to return it to the distributor.

Frederik Long, May 3, 2021
Thema:

logon

1. logon - Similar Threads - logon

2. I cannot logon to my microsoft accounts. I just get a blank white small screen.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot logon to my microsoft accounts. I just get a blank white small screen.: I have tried shutting down and restarting with no effect. I have a HP Pavilion laptop and have Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-logon-to-my-microsoft-accounts-i-just-get/3bb7550e-c14c-4743-9141-035927490bfe
  3. I cannot logon to my microsoft accounts. I just get a blank white small screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot logon to my microsoft accounts. I just get a blank white small screen.: I have tried shutting down and restarting with no effect. I have a HP Pavilion laptop and have Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-logon-to-my-microsoft-accounts-i-just-get/3bb7550e-c14c-4743-9141-035927490bfe
  4. I cannot logon to my microsoft accounts. I just get a blank white small screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to remove Windows Logon Screen Password on windows 10?

How to remove Windows Logon Screen Password on windows 10?: I have signed in with my MS account so that I can only use it for MS Store. I have already made below changes:1. Settings - Sign-in-options - Requires sign-in option set to Never.2. Windows PIN is also removed3. After following this command - netplwiz - I have unchecked the...
  6. How to remove Windows Logon Screen Password on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Windows Logon Screen Password on windows 10?: I have signed in with my MS account so that I can only use it for MS Store. I have already made below changes:1. Settings - Sign-in-options - Requires sign-in option set to Never.2. Windows PIN is also removed3. After following this command - netplwiz - I have unchecked the...
  7. How to remove Windows Logon Screen Password on windows 10?

8. Windows 11 logon screen displays deleted account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 logon screen displays deleted account: Hello, I am experiencing a strange issue with a Windows 11 Enterprise system newly setup and joined to our on-prem domain. There was a local account used for initial login and join, but has since been deleted and the local profile purged. SYSTEMNAME\deletemeFor some reason...
  9. Windows 11 logon screen displays deleted account

Windows 11 logon screen displays deleted account: Hello, I am experiencing a strange issue with a Windows 11 Enterprise system newly setup and joined to our on-prem domain. There was a local account used for initial login and join, but has since been deleted and the local profile purged. SYSTEMNAME\deletemeFor some reason...
  10. Cannot erase an erroneous logon persona at boot

Cannot erase an erroneous logon persona at boot: Have tried all suggestions in MS forums for Win 10. Tried posting in the correct forum, but was locked. I cannot remove a erroneous logon logo presented at logon. I can't find it to erase it. I've tried all suggestions from MS community plus other google searches. None work....