Windows 10: LogonUI crashes after connecting wifi

Discus and support LogonUI crashes after connecting wifi in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; The bug appears if we do like this:1. Let Windows forget the wifi;2. Lock screen;3. Connect the wifi, and input the correct username and a wrong... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by wanglei2022, Apr 12, 2022.

1. LogonUI crashes after connecting wifi

The bug appears if we do like this:1. Let Windows forget the wifi;2. Lock screen;3. Connect the wifi, and input the correct username and a wrong password;4. A dialog would prompt to let you input the correct password, and click 'Cancel'5. Switch users by clicking ‘Other Users’ on the left bottom, or switch credentials by clicking ‘Password’,‘Smart Card’ icon6. The LogonUI.exe would crash.

:)

wanglei2022, Apr 12, 2022
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Apr 12, 2022
  3. simrick Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Apr 12, 2022
  4. peach1971 Win User

LogonUI crashes after connecting wifi

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Apr 12, 2022
Thema:

LogonUI crashes after connecting wifi

1. LogonUI crashes after connecting wifi - Similar Threads - LogonUI crashes connecting

2. LogonUI crashes after connecting wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LogonUI crashes after connecting wifi: The bug appears if we do like this:1. Let Windows forget the wifi;2. Lock screen;3. Connect the wifi, and input the correct username and a wrong password;4. A dialog would prompt to let you input the correct password, and click 'Cancel'5. Switch users by clicking ‘Other...
  3. LogonUI crashes after connecting wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LogonUI crashes after connecting wifi: The bug appears if we do like this:1. Let Windows forget the wifi;2. Lock screen;3. Connect the wifi, and input the correct username and a wrong password;4. A dialog would prompt to let you input the correct password, and click 'Cancel'5. Switch users by clicking ‘Other...
  4. Crashes when connecting to WIfi

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashes when connecting to WIfi: Hi I am having abit of trouble with my wifi device, when i turn my laptop off and turn it back on i go to connect to the wifi and it crashes and restarts. i was getting a BDOS error nwifi.sys this screen has now gone and it does not bring me up the blue screen anymore just a...
  5. Connecting to WIFI is crashing my computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting to WIFI is crashing my computer.: Since getting NBN and a new network provider my PC crashes with BSoD everytime I try and connect to my home WiFi. Ive tried uninstalling the wifi connector device in my Pc And thag made no difference. Please help �� TIA, Francesca...
  6. Can't Connect to Other Wifi After Connected to Office Wifi

Can't Connect to Other Wifi After Connected to Office Wifi: After I connect my notebook to my office wifi, I can't connect to other wifi anymore i.e. my smartphone hotspot. I did assume that my smartphone hotspot might goes wrong, but I've try to connect other device to my smartphone hotspot, and it works well. If I try to connect my...
  7. Computer crashing after connecting to the wifi

Computer crashing after connecting to the wifi: Hi, I cant seem to find anyone who has asked this problem so thought id ask for help myself. For a few months now, my computer has been crashing, or more rightly freezing, amd wont respond for 5-10 minutes. Then when it comes back, all the clicks and presses i hit whilst...
  8. Wifi crashes after trying to connect to a specific wifi

Wifi crashes after trying to connect to a specific wifi: Hi there, I'm trying to connect to my apartment complex's wifi, but everytime I type in the password, the wifi crashes and opens back up to say 'Cant connect to this network'. I'm using the most updated windows 10 on my Lenovo laptop. I've tried every suggestion I've found...
  9. WiFi connection crash

WiFi connection crash: Everytime i connect to the wifi on my windows 10 laptop it freezes and crashes. Ive tried to update my drivers but cant find where it is, it doesn't show up on my drivers list and i have reset all settings but nothing works. The lapyop works fine when its disconnected but as...
  10. WiFi connection crash

WiFi connection crash: Everytime i connect to the wifi on my windows 10 laptop it freezes and crashes. Ive tried to update my drivers but cant find where it is, it doesn't show up on my drivers list and i have reset all settings but nothing works. The lapyop works fine when its disconnected but as...