Windows 10: Logonui.exe - system detected overrun of stackbased overflow

Discus and support Logonui.exe - system detected overrun of stackbased overflow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After i restarted pc, i got this error message... pop out window was titled: Logonui.exe. And message was: system detected overrun of stackbased... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by empleat, Sep 15, 2020.

1. empleat Win User

Logonui.exe - system detected overrun of stackbased overflow

After i restarted pc, i got this error message... pop out window was titled: Logonui.exe. And message was: system detected overrun of stackbased overflow. Than i got black screen and i had to do hard restart... I checked dism both check health and scan health and it didn't find any corruption. Although i read even dism doesn't have to find every corruption. Hopefully it is fine. I did google search specifically in context of logonui and it didn't find anything. Only to run dism/repair update/reinstall. Which is basically all google finds about this error. Is there anything i can do to troubleshoot this? In case it wasn't just random error. I also checked event log and no new errors...

:)

empleat, Sep 15, 2020
  2. Neil23 Win User

Help with this? 'The system detected an overrun of a stack-based...'

On a Windows 10 desktop today there was this error message...

“The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application“

Any suggestion as to what the problem is and how to rectify the problem?

Neil23, Sep 15, 2020
  3. System reports "detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer" in iexplorer

We ran into a system alert box (screenshot as below) complaining "an overrun of a stack-based buffer" in iexplorer randomly.

Logonui.exe - system detected overrun of stackbased overflow cffd50fe-d48c-49e3-8e19-12161ba2fee1?upload=true.jpg

The OS is Windows Server 2019 and is in zh-CN language. The error message can be translated as "The system detected an overrun of a stack-based
    buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application".

Iexplorer looks functioning normal after dismissing the alert, but it's really annoying to our users.

Anyone can help with

1) why this happens? how can it be fixed?

2) if it's a but from IE or system, how can we avoid this alert?

3) is it possible to disable system from prompting this kind of alert?

Thanks for any suggestions or hints.

LouisYang2, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Logonui.exe - system detected overrun of stackbased overflow

LogonUI.exe : the system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer

i got this recently "logonui.exe the system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer" may you explain why that error happened?

faiziqbalmld, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Logonui.exe - system detected overrun of stackbased overflow

1. Logonui.exe - system detected overrun of stackbased overflow - Similar Threads - Logonui exe system

2. The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...: It says that when i tried to open open network and internet settings. does anyone know a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-system-detected-an-overrun-of-a-stack-based/49da1d7d-763a-4202-a669-8ed39b13d933
  3. The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...: It says that when i tried to open open network and internet settings. does anyone know a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-system-detected-an-overrun-of-a-stack-based/49da1d7d-763a-4202-a669-8ed39b13d933
  4. The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. BSOD - ERROR_CODE: NTSTATUS 0xc0000409 - The system detected an overrun This overrun could...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - ERROR_CODE: NTSTATUS 0xc0000409 - The system detected an overrun This overrun could...: Hello everyone,I got a series of BSODs in the last few days, I tried to investigate the potential reason but couldn't find anything.I got a MEMDMP which I'll link here to see if anyone might be able to redirect me towards the right solution to this issue.Thank you all for...
  6. BSOD - ERROR_CODE: NTSTATUS 0xc0000409 - The system detected an overrun This overrun could...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD - ERROR_CODE: NTSTATUS 0xc0000409 - The system detected an overrun This overrun could...: Hello everyone,I got a series of BSODs in the last few days, I tried to investigate the potential reason but couldn't find anything.I got a MEMDMP which I'll link here to see if anyone might be able to redirect me towards the right solution to this issue.Thank you all for...
  7. Stack-based buffer overrun/overflow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stack-based buffer overrun/overflow: I received info on my PC when I re-start it: Stack-based buffer overrun/overflow of a stack-based buffer in this application. svchost.exe So I wrote to Bitdefender and received this answer: Stack-based buffer overrun/overflow is a bug it means that a program writes more...
  8. Svchost.exe stack buffer overflow/overrun

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Svchost.exe stack buffer overflow/overrun: Hello. Yesterday when i turned of the pc, i got this error popping off " svchost.exe The system detected an overrun of a stack based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of the application. " I turned on the pc...
  9. HELP! The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer, This overrun could...

HELP! The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer, This overrun could...: PLEASE help. I’m very paranoid submitted by /u/iiwatermelonboy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hmd5yf/help_the_system_detected_an_overrun_of_a/
  10. The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun...

The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun...: PROCESS_NAME: BlackDesert64. ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000409 - The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application. I recently bluescreened and this was...