Windows 10: LOGONUI.EXE - SYSTEM ERROR ( POPUP MESSAGE AFTER APPLY OCTOBER 2018 CUMULATIVE UPDATE )...

Discus and support LOGONUI.EXE - SYSTEM ERROR ( POPUP MESSAGE AFTER APPLY OCTOBER 2018 CUMULATIVE UPDATE )... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Does anyone out there using a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10 get a message that says LOGONUI.exe - SYSTEM ERROR ? Started getting this message after... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by LazyTechie, Nov 5, 2018.

1. LOGONUI.EXE - SYSTEM ERROR ( POPUP MESSAGE AFTER APPLY OCTOBER 2018 CUMULATIVE UPDATE )...

Does anyone out there using a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10 get a message that says LOGONUI.exe - SYSTEM ERROR ?

Started getting this message after I installed the October 2018 cumulative patch update. The message appears when you first logon and seems pretty harmless if you click OK - it goes away. I'm looking for a way to block this message from appearing, my executive team all use Surfaces and I would not like them to be seeing these type of popups.

Appreciate any help!

Thanks.

:)

LazyTechie, Nov 5, 2018

2. LOGONUI.EXE - SYSTEM ERROR ( POPUP MESSAGE AFTER APPLY OCTOBER 2018 CUMULATIVE UPDATE ) HELP!!

Does anyone out there using a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10 get a message that says LOGONUI.exe - SYSTEM ERROR ?

Started getting this message after I installed the October 2018 cumulative patch update. The message appears when you first logon and seems pretty harmless if you click OK - it goes away. I'm looking for a way to block this message from appearing, my
    executive team all use Surfaces and I would not like them to be seeing these type of popups.

Appreciate any help!

Thanks.

LazyTechie, Nov 7, 2018
  3. 2018-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4056892) - MS Surface 3

I have an MS Surface 3 (Not Pro) running Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, v1709 (Build 16299.15). When I search for updates, it wants to install 2018-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4056892). It fails with Error
    0x80070002.

I tried manually downloading the Delta and Cumulative updates and installing manually, but they fail stating it is not for my system.

How can I either:

• Get this update to install, or
    • If it is not compatible, tell Update to not install it and ignore the update?

I have tried:

• Clearing the SoftwareDistribution folders and Catroot2 several times
    • Running the Windows Update troubleshooter
    • Every step in troubleshooting including try to run the Media Creation Tool
    • Factory reset, including deleting all files and apps
    After the Factory reset, updates applied but it again failed on 2018-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4056892) with Error 0x80070002.

RobertBritton2, Nov 7, 2018
  4. LOGONUI.EXE - SYSTEM ERROR ( POPUP MESSAGE AFTER APPLY OCTOBER 2018 CUMULATIVE UPDATE )...

Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

LOGONUI.EXE - SYSTEM ERROR ( POPUP MESSAGE AFTER APPLY OCTOBER 2018 CUMULATIVE UPDATE )...

1. LOGONUI.EXE - SYSTEM ERROR ( POPUP MESSAGE AFTER APPLY OCTOBER 2018 CUMULATIVE UPDATE )... - Similar Threads - LOGONUI EXE SYSTEM

2. October Cumulative Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    October Cumulative Update: After installing october cumulative update, I have faced problems with my graphics drivers BSoDs, black screens, graphical glitches, then I tried installing the Insider version of 20H2, yet to no avail, now I can't revert back to before the cumulative update nor before the...
  3. Getting error popup message after update.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Getting error popup message after update.: [ATTACH] I just got an update yesterday some sort of security update. After installing the update I was getting this popup, also the windows product key is genuine....
  4. October 2018 Pro Update

October 2018 Pro Update: I did the update and hated how it changed my Windows!!!! Hated it so bad I uninstalled it. Now it has come up again for me to update. I paused it this time. I read that after this pause ends I have no choice but to install it. I still don't want it. I just got this laptop...
  5. Computer Freezes after October 2018 Update

Computer Freezes after October 2018 Update: I'm struggling to get my PC build from several years ago running without freezes after the latest automatic updates. The PC has run flawlessly since Windows 10 first became available and now, October 2018 it freezes up. At first I thought it was my old wireless keyboard...
  6. Endless loop after October 2018 update

Endless loop after October 2018 update: i update my PC through your software and nơw it stucked in a endless loop with some “undoing” bla bla ?????????? please help I’m so mad right now MS this was not supposed to happen with an official big update for Window 10...
  7. Endless loop after October 2018 update

Endless loop after October 2018 update: i update my PC through your software and nơw it stucked in a endless loop with some “undoing” bla bla ?????????? please help I’m so mad right now MS this was not supposed to happen with an official big update for Window 10...
  8. WINDOWS OCTOBER 2018 UPDATE

WINDOWS OCTOBER 2018 UPDATE: Hi. I want to ask about my windows update. Why is the windows october 2018 keep redownloading in my pc? at first it downloaded until 100%. then it later attempts to install it (which made my pc real slow). the Windows Update then displayed that the same update (version 1809)...
  9. October 2, 2018 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    October 2, 2018 update: This is more forced MS update BS! Once again my PC wont boot because of an update! I am tired of fixing my PC because MS released updated that dont work with my setup yet i am forced to repair........
  10. .NET Framework Cumulative Updates for Windows 10 October 2018 Update

in Windows 10 News
    .NET Framework Cumulative Updates for Windows 10 October 2018 Update: We deliver .NET Framework updates nearly every month, through Windows Update and other distribution channels. We are making changes to the way that we deliver those updates. We’ll soon start delivering a Cumulative Update for .NET Framework alongside the Windows 10 Cumulative...