Windows 10: LogonUI.exe : the system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer

Discus and support LogonUI.exe : the system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i got this recently "logonui.exe the system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer" may you explain why that error happened?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by faiziqbalmld, Dec 17, 2019.

1. LogonUI.exe : the system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer

i got this recently "logonui.exe the system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer" may you explain why that error happened?

:)

faiziqbalmld, Dec 17, 2019
  2. Neil23 Win User

Help with this? 'The system detected an overrun of a stack-based...'

On a Windows 10 desktop today there was this error message...

“The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application“

Any suggestion as to what the problem is and how to rectify the problem?

Neil23, Dec 17, 2019
  3. Sk1818 Win User
    Buffer Overrun Detected

I updated my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Before I did I did a backup of files.

Now when I go to restore the files I get the following error:

Buffer Overrun Detected!

Program: ....ckward\TouchSmart\Media\Kernel\CLML\CLMLSvc.exe

A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted this program's internal state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must now be terminated.

What is wrong? What do I do? I really need files of my backup which is on a Seagate backup drive.

Thanks.

Sk1818, Dec 17, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

LogonUI.exe : the system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer

Help with this? 'The system detected an overrun of a stack-based...'

This sounds like an error generated from something written in C++

As the message refers to a specific application, it could be that by inspecting that dialogue window you could determine its origin.
    E.g. using
    Window Detective Alternatives and Similar Software - AlternativeTo.net
    - has a target you can drag over a window to identify the process- as does
    Process Explorer (from MS)

Have you installed a new program recently? Updated one? Added any new hardware?

If you search for
    The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application
    as I assume you have, you will find many results - nothing that's immediately helpful quickly- but worth looking through if you spend some time. Some are simply waffle and no solution.

Beware of pages that are constructed as if to give some solution but look as if some bot has simply put together some generic text blocks, along with a recommendation to download some tool with the dreaded big green download button.

Make sure you read things from reputable sites only e.g. this technical discussion
    Kernel_Security_Check_Failure | Tom's Hardware Forum
    - where you will find
    ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000409 - The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application.

There it's indicating a problem in low level software- nothing necessarily malicious.

If you can identify the source, you're part way there. If it's a driver - and some programs install drivers other than those needed purely as hardware drivers- a program like Autoruns can let you disable startups in the hope of identifying the source by elimination.

To be able to do that, the message needs to be reproducible- when does it occur? Each time you log in? Each time you run a particular program? How often?

dalchina, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

LogonUI.exe : the system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer

1. LogonUI.exe : the system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer - Similar Threads - LogonUI exe system

2. The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application.: Hello, i recently got this problem while opening steam games. The first error is TextInputHost.exe-System error, the second is SearchHost.exe-System error and i think i got a third one once but can't remember what it said. I have tried sfc and dism but didn't work. Also i...
  3. The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application.: Hello, i recently got this problem while opening steam games. The first error is TextInputHost.exe-System error, the second is SearchHost.exe-System error and i think i got a third one once but can't remember what it said. I have tried sfc and dism but didn't work. Also i...
  4. The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...: It says that when i tried to open open network and internet settings. does anyone know a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-system-detected-an-overrun-of-a-stack-based/49da1d7d-763a-4202-a669-8ed39b13d933
  5. The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...: It says that when i tried to open open network and internet settings. does anyone know a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-system-detected-an-overrun-of-a-stack-based/49da1d7d-763a-4202-a669-8ed39b13d933
  6. The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. LogilonUI.exe: The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    LogilonUI.exe: The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this...: About 3 months ago my Lenovo Windows 10 laptop booted to a blank screen with flashing mouse with loading wheel.I first solved the problem by doing a system restore, but the problem repeatedly returned when Windows updated.I then tried to boot in Safe Mode, but immediately got...
  8. System Detected Stack-Based Buffer Overrun

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Detected Stack-Based Buffer Overrun: Hi guys, having some trouble here. I cannot find a solution, I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. One of the games I play seems to have become corrupted and caused a crash. Now it won't launch at all. That is not the main problem. The PC refuses to uninstall...
  9. ShellExperienceHost.exe - The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ShellExperienceHost.exe - The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this...: I booted up my PC and this error appeared. Virus scan on Windows defender, no threats found. This has never happened to me before, and it happened about a week after installing Razer Cortex. Could someone explain if this is a threat and how I can fix it? Edit: Closed the...
  10. The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun...: PROCESS_NAME: BlackDesert64. ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000409 - The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application. I recently bluescreened and this was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. logonui.exe buffer overflow

2. windows 10 logonui.exe system error stack buffer overrun

3. logonui error overrun

4. logonui the system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application,
  5. system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer logon ui,
  6. Svchost 버퍼 오버런,
  7. logonui.exe overrun of a stack-based buffer,
  8. logonui.exe system error,
  9. logonui.exe the system detected an overrun of a stack based buffer in this application. this overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application,
  10. logonui.exe system error the system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application,
  11. logonui error windows 7 stack base ,
  12. logonui.exe the system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application,
  13. system detected an overrun of stack based,
  14. loginui.exe system detected an overrun of a stack-buffer in this application this overun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain access,
  15. loginUI.exe system detecked an overrun of a stack-buffer in this app