Windows 10: LogonUI.exe to Black & White flashing Screen

Discus and support LogonUI.exe to Black & White flashing Screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to fix a problem for a neighbour. Not sure if it has any relevance, but he has a sight issue, so says he tends to magnify a lot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PaulyCow, Sep 27, 2020.

1. PaulyCow Win User

LogonUI.exe to Black & White flashing Screen

Hi,

I am trying to fix a problem for a neighbour. Not sure if it has any relevance, but he has a sight issue, so says he tends to magnify a lot

Older Sony Vaio PCG-P1211M if that helps any.

Originally it shipped with Windows 7, but he upped to Windows 10 last year.

He has recovery CD for windows 7 only : i.e. No disk image for Windows 10

On boot now, windows tries to load and LogonUI.exe screen eventually appears bit like command prompt.

After even longer the bottom ribbon tries to load, but against an all white background, looking like faulty graphics.

None of the start menu buttons work.

System Restore has had no effect.

Basic hardware scan reports no errors.

Tried booting in safe mode, but get a similar outcome. white screen and inaccessible buttons

Command prompt does open OK via automatic repair / troubleshooting.

Any thoughts how to resolve?

Many thanks,

Paul

:)

PaulyCow, Sep 27, 2020
  2. Ernie San Win User

Black and white screen

Hello Benjamin,

There are a lot of possible causes why the screen of your computer turns into black/white. This may be an issue with your graphics driver, monitor (hardware) or corrupted system files. For better assistance, we'd like to ask additional information:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, can you send us a screenshot?

Meanwhile, we recommend using the screen filter keyboard shortcut. Press
    Windows key + Ctrl + C
    to change the color filter.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, Sep 27, 2020
  3. black screen and white flashing cursor

Hello Hannah,

To better facilitate this thread regarding the black screen issue that you're experiencing, I'd like to verify if the issue persists. If so, I'd like to know the following:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages or error codes? If so, a screenshot of it is highly appreciated.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Zedrick Del, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Screen is flashing to black with white/colored text at random

Hi @gthawk62, welcome to tenforums.com! LogonUI.exe to Black & White flashing Screen :)

Open Settings/Ease of Access/Other Options and check these settings, perhaps set it to 'None'

LogonUI.exe to Black & White flashing Screen [​IMG]

Edwin, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

1. LogonUI.exe to Black & White flashing Screen - Similar Threads - LogonUI exe Black

2. White and black flash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White and black flash: Whenever I go on chrome, IT goes white and then black for less than a second.I don't really mind since chrome still works well even if it goes like that.I just want to know the problem.Problem persists in-edge-file explorer-chrome- a few more appsMy apps still work very well,...
  3. White and black flash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White and black flash: Whenever I go on chrome, IT goes white and then black for less than a second.I don't really mind since chrome still works well even if it goes like that.I just want to know the problem.Problem persists in-edge-file explorer-chrome- a few more appsMy apps still work very well,...
  4. Screen flashing black and white after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flashing black and white after reset: So I just reset my computer a couple hours ago because I felt I needed to wipe everything because a pop had exploded and the tiniest drop got on a hdd and broke it and my C drive was still working. But after the reset I’ve had it flash black and white and have been unable to...
  5. Screen flashing black and white after reset

Screen flashing black and white after reset: So I just reset my computer a couple hours ago because I felt I needed to wipe everything because a pop had exploded and the tiniest drop got on a hdd and broke it and my C drive was still working. But after the reset I’ve had it flash black and white and have been unable to...
  6. Screen flashing black and white after reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Pc stuck at black screen with white flashing blank

Pc stuck at black screen with white flashing blank: I got vfgj virus from the cheat engine app. I wanted to restore my system to system restore point that is two week old. I accessed diagnostic mode troubleshooting advanced opt restart and safe mode with cmd after that I followed the steps. After the work was done my PC had...
  8. Black screen with white flashing squares

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with white flashing squares: My computer keeps crashing-it shows a black screen with white flashing squares then restarts. This started today and happened six times already. I hard reset my computer but it still crashes. I have no idea what’s going on and I can’t afford to have someone look at it. It is...
  9. Boot to flashing black and white screen...then stopped

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot to flashing black and white screen...then stopped: This is weird. I rebooted and the windows logo showed up but then it went to a flashing black and white screen. I rebooted a few times and the same thing. Then I tried F8 while booting (thinking that would get me to safe mode) and it booted fine. BUT, it didn't look like...
  10. Screen is flashing to black with white/colored text at random

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen is flashing to black with white/colored text at random: Screen on desktop is randomly flashing more or less reversed colors: black with white or weirdly colored text/pictures/links. Happens when moving between e-mails in desktop e-mail (Juno). It flashes the previous e-mail in black with weirdly colored text and pictures before...