Windows 10: Long BIOS boot time?

Discus and support Long BIOS boot time? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, so I switched over to an NVMe SSD boot drive about a year ago. It used to take me like 20 seconds to boot fully to my login screen it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Buhdumtssss, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Long BIOS boot time?

Hey guys, so I switched over to an NVMe SSD boot drive about a year ago. It used to take me like 20 seconds to boot fully to my login screen it was amazing. But for the past few months, my computer hangs on the Dell boot icon that spins for like sometimes a full minute now, and it's absolutely infuriating. It might've started after a windows update or something I'm not really sure.

It's just crazy how fast my computer used to boot, compared to how fast it boots now. From what I can tell, this is the BIOS or the boot phase that's hanging and I can't figure out why.

Anyone have any idea why my computer would go from ~20 seconds to 1 min+ to get to the login screen?

submitted by /u/Buhdumtssss
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Buhdumtssss, Sep 11, 2020

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Sep 11, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Long BIOS boot time?

Windows stuck in automatic repair; Can't access BIOS/ boot menu

I've changed the boot order through both BIOS and the boot manager, as my original post stated. Neither did anything, but both were functional in the past. Neither listed the windows boot manager, either. Previously, it would boot just as expected whenever
    other media was set as the first option, so I'm pretty sure there are no issues there.

As my original post suggested, I've already tried out the steps you gave. I've gone through all the options listed in the boot menu, UEFI or not.

My BIOS and boot menu settings were at their defaults when all of this started, so that's been tried already, if those are what you're referring to.

KierraMcCullough, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Long BIOS boot time?

1. Long BIOS boot time? - Similar Threads - Long BIOS boot

2. Long BIOS last boot time. What to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Long BIOS last boot time. What to do?: I am Russian, I already asked a similar question in the Russian-speaking technical support, but did not receive a proper answer there. Therefore, I will contact the English-speaking technical support.I had a problem with a long launch of BIOS before Windows 10 back in...
  3. Long BIOS last boot time. What to do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Long BIOS last boot time. What to do?: I am Russian, I already asked a similar question in the Russian-speaking technical support, but did not receive a proper answer there. Therefore, I will contact the English-speaking technical support.I had a problem with a long launch of BIOS before Windows 10 back in...
  4. Long BIOS last boot time. What to do?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Long boot time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long boot time: Hi,Windows 10 pro, Why is it that if I reboot after turning off my computer my boot time is a little over a minute, but if I choose re-start it takes 2 or 3 minutes.I'd appreciate your insight....
  6. Long boot time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Long boot time: Hi,Windows 10 pro, Why is it that if I reboot after turning off my computer my boot time is a little over a minute, but if I choose re-start it takes 2 or 3 minutes.I'd appreciate your insight....
  7. Long boot time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Is 13.6 seconds a long time for BIOS boot time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is 13.6 seconds a long time for BIOS boot time?: I have 13.6 seconds for my boot time and I don't know if that's normal or not. I have quite a few things on startup: iCUE, Razer Synapse, Wallpaper Engine (on high), LGHUB, and Steam. I have a GTX 1080 with a 7600k processor. submitted by /u/ChooChoo-Planes [link]...
  9. Long BIOS Time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Long BIOS Time: So oin my laptop the BIOS time is around 3 seconds but on my pc, the bios time is 12.4 seconds. The SSD on the PC is actually faster than the one in my laptop. Is there any way I can shorten this time? Yes, I've already disabled some applications that automatically startup....
  10. Long boot time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Long boot time: Hey guys, how's it going? I've been experiencing huge performance issues when booting Windows on. My laptop used to boot-up in about <15s when it was brand new and it stayed this way until I've updated Windows Build. It came out of factory as ver. 1803, when I've updated it...