Windows 10: Long black screen before bios

Discus and support Long black screen before bios in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey everyone! So a while back after doing a Windows 10 update I noticed that my pc was taking a LONG time to boot past the bios. Id turn it on go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CR777BK, May 8, 2020.

1. CR777BK Win User

Long black screen before bios

Hey everyone!

So a while back after doing a Windows 10 update I noticed that my pc was taking a LONG time to boot past the bios.

Id turn it on go make a coffee and about 4 minutes later Id hear a beep from it loading.

My system is about 10 years old but it's an i7-2600k, 16GB RAM, SSD and Radeon HD 6950 graphics card. So when its working its still a good pc, albeit old.

Did some digging and read that the update can't remember which one was causing many BSOD errors and some black screens that people said their machines never recovered from.

So i rolled back the update and everything was good.

A week or 2 later i wanted to reinstall windows as I'd not done so in years and a new new update had come out. But alas, the problem has returned and I'm loosing my mind as to what the issue is.

For reference I've updated my video drivers and all other component drivers. Turned off fast booting, spun a plate on my head and everything in-between.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

CR777BK, May 8, 2020

2. long time black screen before even bios start loading

Hi Jason,

I completely understand your concern with Black screen on your computer and feel sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.
    We will assist you to fix the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

There can be many reasons for booting to a black screen.

These screens may appear with or without the mouse pointer. The main causes observed are:

•Problems with the driver for your display adapter.

•The video output is being sent to an unexpected port.

I suggest you to refer to the suggestions given by Sharath Srinivasa, replied on August 7, 2015, to fix your issue with black screen on Windows 10.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10:

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Also refer to the Microsoft article link below, to fix your issue with Black screen on Windows 10.

Troubleshoot black screen problems:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

AntonyJose, May 8, 2020
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, May 8, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Long black screen before bios - Similar Threads - Long black screen

2. Long black screen before starts to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Long black screen before starts to boot: My problem is that a computer, after restart, shows a black screen for 109 seconds, then it starts to boot, which only takes 15 seconds.It is a long story of how I got to this point, but I reinstalled Windows 10, taking the factory reset, to try to fix it, but that didn't fix...
  3. Long black screen before starts to boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Long black screen before starts to boot: My problem is that a computer, after restart, shows a black screen for 109 seconds, then it starts to boot, which only takes 15 seconds.It is a long story of how I got to this point, but I reinstalled Windows 10, taking the factory reset, to try to fix it, but that didn't fix...
  4. Long black screen before starts to boot

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Long Black screen before boot in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long Black screen before boot in Windows 10: Hi, whenever I power on my computer, there is a long black screen that lasts around 20 seconds before it cuts to the HP logo and the spinning wheel thingy below it. It slows down the startup speed quite a bit. I have tried updating my graphics drivers, scanning for viruses,...
  6. Long black screen with cursor before login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Long black screen with cursor before login: I have recently reinstalled Windows 10, after upgrading my hardware (new motherboard, processor, ram and added sdd), but whenever I start my PC, I get to a point where I have a black screen and a cursor before the login screen. It will get to the login screen at one point,...
  7. Long black screen before login

Long black screen before login: Whenever I turn my computer on it will go through the initial boot phases (show the Asus logo, display available drives), but then it just shows a blank monitor (black screen) for about 2 minutes. During this time I don't see my cursor, no keyboard button combination does...
  8. Unusually long black screen on boot before log-in screen

Unusually long black screen on boot before log-in screen: Two days ago I had a total system crash, my entire OS froze and I was forced to turn off the machine. Ever since then when booting there is a black screen that hangs for about 8 seconds, then everything proceeds as normal. I wouldn't be so bothered if the OS was installed...
  9. Long boot start / black screen before login WIN10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Long boot start / black screen before login WIN10: Hello, today I updated Windows 7 to 10 . After configuring the system, I decided to restart it. During startup, the Windows logo is displayed for about 5 seconds, then black screen for half a minute ... which is pretty damn annoying. Then login screen (automatic login ) and...
  10. Long Black Screen before Boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Long Black Screen before Boot: Excellent. Yes Brink's tutorial provide a lot of information.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. black screan before bios