Windows 10: Long Boot or Long Login Times with ssd

Discus and support Long Boot or Long Login Times with ssd in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For some reason when I boot from scratch I either get a black screen for over 30 seconds or it goes the the login screen and it takes forever to login.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gamingbro697, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Long Boot or Long Login Times with ssd

For some reason when I boot from scratch I either get a black screen for over 30 seconds or it goes the the login screen and it takes forever to login. Hibernation doesn't have this problem.

Cpu:Ryzen 5 3500u Model:HP 15-cw1068wm

submitted by /u/gamingbro697
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gamingbro697, Mar 6, 2020
  2. Steve C Win User

Extremely long and incomplete boot

This may be a long shot. My PC hung at boot yesterday after typing the password - see Can't Login - Further Troubleshooting Steps?

I ran chkdsk c: /spotfix and all is now fine. Someone has also suggested running chkdsk c: /r.

Steve C, Mar 6, 2020
  3. ocelot Win User
    Login takes a long time

Hi,

since the fresh installation of win10 after awhile login takes a long time. I created a new user and copied all my files to that account and the problem was solved but after 3-4 Weeks it gets slower and now it almost takes a minute to login into windows. Booting is fast....Didnt have that problem with win8.1

My System:

Intel i7-5960x
    16GB Ram
    3 SSDs
    Windows 10
    Nvidia Gtx980ti

Thanks!

ocelot, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Long Boot or Long Login Times with ssd

Windows 10 takes a LONG time to login

Was "a couple weeks ago" just after installation of the AU? If so, I'd suggest a clean reinstall.

pokeefe0001, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

Long Boot or Long Login Times with ssd

1. Long Boot or Long Login Times with ssd - Similar Threads - Long Boot Long

2. Long boot time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long boot time: Hi,Windows 10 pro, Why is it that if I reboot after turning off my computer my boot time is a little over a minute, but if I choose re-start it takes 2 or 3 minutes.I'd appreciate your insight....
  3. Long boot time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Long boot time: Hi,Windows 10 pro, Why is it that if I reboot after turning off my computer my boot time is a little over a minute, but if I choose re-start it takes 2 or 3 minutes.I'd appreciate your insight....
  4. Long boot time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Long time to login to Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Long time to login to Windows: I don't know why but after I turn off my computer for a good 8 hours or so going to sleep and turning it on the next morning and logging into Windows with my pin it can take over 10 seconds at times. But if I turn off my computer and back on in an hour or just restart it it...
  6. Long time to login to Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long time to login to Windows: I don't know why but after I turn off my computer for a good 8 hours or so going to sleep and turning it on the next morning and logging into Windows with my pin it can take over 10 seconds at times. But if I turn off my computer and back on in an hour or just restart it it...
  7. really long booting time with SSD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    really long booting time with SSD: i have an old Lenovo G40-45 swapped the boot drive with 128GB SSD, but the HDD is still used using caddy in the dvd slot running Windows 10 20H2 the SSD used only for windows drive, all of my data (documents, games etc) stored in HDD using fast startup mode the boot time is...
  8. Long boot time

Long boot time: Hey guys, how's it going? I've been experiencing huge performance issues when booting Windows on. My laptop used to boot-up in about <15s when it was brand new and it stayed this way until I've updated Windows Build. It came out of factory as ver. 1803, when I've updated it...
  9. long boot times

long boot times: Whenever I reboot from the gui, or my computer reboots for any reason (updates/programs installs) my pc hangs at the BIOS screen for a long time and I have it set to show for only 2 seconds. [img] But when I cold boot or hard reset, its sub eight seconds. what do...
  10. Login takes a long time

Login takes a long time: Hi, since the fresh installation of win10 after awhile login takes a long time. I created a new user and copied all my files to that account and the problem was solved but after 3-4 Weeks it gets slower and now it almost takes a minute to login into windows. Booting is...