Windows 10: Long boot time, both reboot and first start up

Discus and support Long boot time, both reboot and first start up in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all, Im having a nasty bug after installing the latest update (KB3081424), after loading Windows i get a black screen for about 40 sec to a min,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RedOcktober, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Long boot time, both reboot and first start up

Hi all,

Im having a nasty bug after installing the latest update (KB3081424), after loading Windows i get a black screen for about 40 sec to a min, and then W10 logs me in to the systeem. Between the black screen and my login name and welcome i get a short flash of a windows screen that says please wait.

I tested with a local and online account but the error is on them both, after a few reboots my system wont login at all and i get a error message from Windows 10 that my installation is compromised,a roll back to a previous state won't work, i need to do a factory reset or a complet clean install.

Has any one else run in to this problem, and has he/she a fix for this?

:)

RedOcktober, Aug 7, 2015

2. how to troubleshoot msconfig not allowing normal start up

The apply was done on both tabs the second time and it went back to selective startup.

The check in make all boot settings permanent disappeared after reboot.

Every modification that I have tried ends up with the selective checked on reboot.

The normal start up I prefer as it sometimes an early warning sign that something is abnormal when it no longer allows normal startup. So with this being a fresh install I would like to have it normal start up. Then in the future if it displays selective
    start up it may be an early warning of something.

It would take a very long time to uninstall one application at a time and check each boot result. And then have to download and reinstall each item. That is the only option that I came up with unless there is an easier way??

questions_, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Start up issue and taking long time to boot. Also unable to do anything on the system.

hi,

1. I don't remember the complete error code, but it was something about system files 32 missing.

2. yes I had installed all the windows update until then.

3. the "disk/file checkup" message does not appear lately.

ma'm I cannot initiate step 1 as the search box in task bar is unresponsive.

when I entered DISM.exe/online/cleanup-image/scanhealth - it showed " Deployment image servicing and management tool version: 10.0.10240.16384

error: 87

the online/cleanup-image/scanhealth option is unknown. for more information, refer to the help by running DISM.exe /?.

the DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\logs\DISM\dism.log"

similar results were seen when the input was-

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

sfc /scannow

please help me with this problem.

regards,

eknath

EknathPachpinde, Aug 7, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Long boot time, both reboot and first start up

Please read Forum Rules, bumping threads is not allowed.

5. trd3v3lop Win User
    i have exactly the same problem mate.. solution seems like only doing clean install..

trd3v3lop, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Long boot time, both reboot and first start up

1. Long boot time, both reboot and first start up - Similar Threads - Long boot both

2. Odd behavior: Rebooting takes too long but booting for the first time is fast

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Odd behavior: Rebooting takes too long but booting for the first time is fast: Hi. I am not a native English speaker and please excuse my bad English.When I turn on PC for the first time every day, it takes only 20 - 30 seconds to boot.However after booting whenever I reboot the PC or shutdown and turn it on again, it takes around 10 minutes to boot.I...
  3. Odd behavior: Rebooting takes too long but booting for the first time is fast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Odd behavior: Rebooting takes too long but booting for the first time is fast: Hi. I am not a native English speaker and please excuse my bad English.When I turn on PC for the first time every day, it takes only 20 - 30 seconds to boot.However after booting whenever I reboot the PC or shutdown and turn it on again, it takes around 10 minutes to boot.I...
  4. Odd behavior: Rebooting takes too long but booting for the first time is fast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Long boot time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long boot time: Hi,Windows 10 pro, Why is it that if I reboot after turning off my computer my boot time is a little over a minute, but if I choose re-start it takes 2 or 3 minutes.I'd appreciate your insight....
  6. Long boot time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Long boot time: Hi,Windows 10 pro, Why is it that if I reboot after turning off my computer my boot time is a little over a minute, but if I choose re-start it takes 2 or 3 minutes.I'd appreciate your insight....
  7. Long boot time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Occasional failure to boot up first time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Occasional failure to boot up first time: Hi, I am running Windows 10 20H2 (OS Build 19042.928). About once every six times I press the start button on my PC it lights, the keyboard lights flash twice, then it just dies. Sometimes I have to press Start button two or three buttons before it starts, then it seems fine....
  9. Long boot time

Long boot time: Hey guys, how's it going? I've been experiencing huge performance issues when booting Windows on. My laptop used to boot-up in about <15s when it was brand new and it stayed this way until I've updated Windows Build. It came out of factory as ver. 1803, when I've updated it...
  10. Long Boot Up Time

Long Boot Up Time: Help appreciated. Couple days ago, my PC took about 2 minutes or more to boot. Ran malware/Virus scans with no errors. After powering up, I notice that the Blue Windows Logo shows up twice on solid black background, with animated spinning dots (CW), then thereafter that goes...