Windows 10: Long boot time with Samsung Evo

Discus and support Long boot time with Samsung Evo in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem with long boot time with a top quality SSD, I have bought it 4 months ago, its write and read speeds very good atm. But my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Horakti, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Horakti Win User

Long boot time with Samsung Evo

Hello, I have a problem with long boot time with a top quality SSD, I have bought it 4 months ago, its write and read speeds very good atm. But my windows loading takes too much (windows logo section)and it is getting longer and longer every single time.(I tried fast boot , it works perfectly ,it boots 2-3 seconds) .
    I have formatted my pc 2 months ago, (Jan 24th) Boot times were very good in a week, then boot times got started to get longer and it was between 45-50 secs today.(post boot times)I will share 2 boot racer times that I got captured.First is captured on Feb 28th, the second is captured today (on March 10th).
    www.transfernow.net/14j902r7t514 (Feb28)

www.transfernow.net/719zx2555p51 (March 10)

I am looking forward your helps Ty so much

:)

Horakti, Mar 9, 2018

2. High Memory usage by ntoskrnl.exe System after upgrading to windows 10 home

An SSD solves this problem??

I dont think so. I have a Samsung EVO and fromt time to time... BSD.

Skizofrenias, Mar 9, 2018
  3. schnob Win User
    Slow Boot With W10, Samsung SSD

I have a Gigabyte P-35x v4 with an i7 5700HQ, 16 gbs of RAM and a Samsung 850 EVO ssd.

Initially, doing a clean install of the latest Windows 10 iso, it booted in less than ten seconds. After fully booting and installing updates, it now takes about a minute and forty seconds, with most of the time spend sitting at the Gigabyte splash screen.
    I have been unable to find the culprit.

I have tried doing a clean boot and it takes just as long, so it's not any third party services.

I have taken out every other drive, so it's not trying to boot off of another type of media.

I have reformatted, repartitioned and reinstalled Windows multiple times as well.

The ssd performs great otherwise, it's just very slow to boot.

Any suggestions?

schnob, Mar 9, 2018
  4. Long boot time with Samsung Evo

Hi Horakti

Please try shutting off hibernation. From Command Prompt(admin)

powercfg -h off

To reverse change the off to on in command.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 9, 2018
  5. Horakti Win User
    Ty for reply Ken

i did , unfortunately nothing is changed , already i disabled hibernation ,sleep and fast boot before .

Horakti, Mar 9, 2018
  6. and you disabled with the command in the post? (Not in power options)

Caledon Ken, Mar 9, 2018
  7. h3llyeah Win User
    Run a disk benchmark test on your SSD to test weather it's a issue in your drive or your OS.

h3llyeah, Mar 9, 2018
  8. Horakti Win User

Caledon Ken yes i did sir , no effect ,*Sad h3llyeah i tested of it several times before opening the topic , write and read speed over 500 mb / sec , ssd is fine .i will post the benchmarks later .Thats why i recorded and shared the results with performance analyzer on above.

Horakti, Mar 9, 2018
  9. Horakti Win User
    Horakti, Mar 9, 2018
  10. AS185 Win User
    Well then, it could be a few thing's. Is your cpu or ram overclocked? Is your hard drive in BIOS enabled to hot swap? If so, disable it and restart.

AS185, Mar 10, 2018
  11. Horakti Win User
    Ty for reply
    my cpu and rams are not overclocked , i dont know ''hot swap'' , i wll check it later . According to me ,i dont have any bios problems , i have windows loading problems .
    AS185

Horakti, Mar 10, 2018
  12. zinou Win User
    Hi,
    According to your boot traces, your boot time is very fast.
    Your desktop shows up after 10s from the POST !
    Can you describe the delay you are facing ? can you evaluate the delay in the different phases ?
    How much times the Windows logo stays ?
    When you enter your credentilals, does the desktop shows up immediatly ?

Long boot time with Samsung Evo [​IMG]

zinou, Mar 10, 2018
  13. Horakti Win User

Hi zinou ty for reply

My problem is very similar on this topic

Slow boot time on SSD (during OS loading screen) - Windows 10 Forums

I have checkhed these threads before opening topic
    .Windows logo spins about 40 -45 seconds , this is my delay .Yes after spining is over desktop shows immedialty and i can open browsers and other tasks very fast ,i will share 2 more bootraces later . I want to share my diagonic perfomance event logs to you
    EventData BootTsVersion 2 BootStartTime 2018-03-11T04:52:26.030354800Z BootEndTime 2018-03-11T04:54:02.451217900Z SystemBootInstance 200 UserBootInstance 199 BootTime 56721 MainPathBootTime 6221 BootKernelInitTime 34 BootDriverInitTime 146 BootDevicesInitTime 1065 BootPrefetchInitTime 0 BootPrefetchBytes 0 BootAutoChkTime 0 BootSmssInitTime 2272 BootCriticalServicesInitTime 446 BootUserProfileProcessingTime 231 BootMachineProfileProcessingTime 37 BootExplorerInitTime 1690 BootNumStartupApps 4 BootPostBootTime 50500 BootIsRebootAfterInstall false BootRootCauseStepImprovementBits 0 BootRootCauseGradualImprovementBits 0 BootRootCauseStepDegradationBits 0 BootRootCauseGradualDegradationBits 0 BootIsDegradation false BootIsStepDegradation false BootIsGradualDegradation false BootImprovementDelta 0 BootDegradationDelta 0 BootIsRootCauseIdentified false OSLoaderDuration 546 BootPNPInitStartTimeMS 34 BootPNPInitDuration 1227 OtherKernelInitDuration 393 SystemPNPInitStartTimeMS 1614 SystemPNPInitDuration 102 SessionInitStartTimeMS 1724 Session0InitDuration 1063 Session1InitDuration 101 SessionInitOtherDuration 1107 WinLogonStartTimeMS 3996 OtherLogonInitActivityDuration 265 UserLogonWaitDuration 1367

Horakti, Mar 10, 2018
  14. Do you get this delay whether you restart or shutdown?

Caledon Ken, Mar 10, 2018
  15. Horakti Win User
    Restart boot time is almost normal boot (44-55 sec)time , shut down times are about 8-9 seconds .Fast boot time is perfect(3-4 sec)

Horakti, Mar 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Long boot time with Samsung Evo - Similar Threads - Long boot Samsung

2. Long boot time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long boot time: Hi,Windows 10 pro, Why is it that if I reboot after turning off my computer my boot time is a little over a minute, but if I choose re-start it takes 2 or 3 minutes.I'd appreciate your insight....
  3. Long boot time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Long boot time: Hi,Windows 10 pro, Why is it that if I reboot after turning off my computer my boot time is a little over a minute, but if I choose re-start it takes 2 or 3 minutes.I'd appreciate your insight....
  4. Long boot time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Drivers for Samsung 970 EVO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers for Samsung 970 EVO: Hello, I have a Samsung 970 EVO disk and I am installing windows 10 but when installing it asks me for some drivers, I only find them as an .exe file but when loading them on the installation screen I do not see them inside the usb, I have to load another type archive? if so,...
  6. Clone Boot disk ( Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250 GB) to Samsung 970 EVO PLUS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clone Boot disk ( Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250 GB) to Samsung 970 EVO PLUS: I would like to clone my boot drive(Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250) to a new Samsung 970 EVO PLUS NVMe M.2 1TB Hard drive. The SSD 850 is in Legacy in the BIOS under Storage boot option control. I want the new M.2 drive to be the new Boot drive. My understanding is that I must...
  7. Long boot time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Long boot time: Hey guys, how's it going? I've been experiencing huge performance issues when booting Windows on. My laptop used to boot-up in about <15s when it was brand new and it stayed this way until I've updated Windows Build. It came out of factory as ver. 1803, when I've updated it...
  8. Samsung Evo 860 SSD booting intermitently

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Samsung Evo 860 SSD booting intermitently: Hello all, I have found a couple of threads here and saw others having the same issue, but didn't see how they resolved the problem. My new SSD boots 50% of the time, when it doesn't I press the reset button to get it to boot up. Runs great once booted. Initially I cloned...
  9. Samsung SSD 850 EVO

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung SSD 850 EVO: [img] About This Product Upgrade virtually every aspect of your computer’s performance with Samsung’s new 850 EVO, designed with state-of-the-art SSD advancements including 3D V-NAND technology. As the next generation beyond the bestselling 840 EVO, you’ll get the...
  10. long boot times

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    long boot times: Whenever I reboot from the gui, or my computer reboots for any reason (updates/programs installs) my pc hangs at the BIOS screen for a long time and I have it set to show for only 2 seconds. [img] But when I cold boot or hard reset, its sub eight seconds. what do...