Windows 10: long boot times

Discus and support long boot times in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Whenever I reboot from the gui, or my computer reboots for any reason (updates/programs installs) my pc hangs at the BIOS screen for a long time and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by LVTHER, Jun 21, 2016.

1. LVTHER Win User

long boot times

Whenever I reboot from the gui, or my computer reboots for any reason (updates/programs installs) my pc hangs at the BIOS screen for a long time and I have it set to show for only 2 seconds.

long boot times [​IMG]

But when I cold boot or hard reset, its sub eight seconds.
    what do folks

Thanks.

:)

LVTHER, Jun 21, 2016

2. Long Boot Times

Hello all,

I am hoping someone out there with knowledge of Event Viewer can assist me here; my PC has been having long start times for quite a while now. Sometimes the load times can be 5/10 minutes long - the desktop itself will load, but none of the icons have loaded
    yet and nothing can be done with applications or software. Eventually, all the icons start loading and it still takes a little while before anything can then be accessed. Once the desktop seems "ready", it still takes a while for something like Steam to
    actually launch.

I would have normally just wiped it all by now and started again, but it's my Music Production PC and I really, REALLY want to avoid having to do this. At the end of the day, something must be causing the long boot times, and thus I hope someone out there
    can help me work out what the issue is.

Once the PC has been fully started up, it's 100% fully working and I have no issues either recording music or playing games etc.

I've tried everything that I can think of so far, but I'm now at a loss.

I have uploaded the following files that should help:

System Information

https://1drv.ms/t/s!Apa4dk7bOpifslSx3xJy9zP8hvi2

Event Logs

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Apa4dk7bOpifsmIwRirBAZ7Gulxn

Thanks in advance!

Steve

Steve Kingman, Jun 21, 2016
  3. Long Boot Times

Not this time I don't think, though the System Information file may help Greg get what he is after. <eg>

Otherwise supposedly Boot time performance issues can be usefully diagnosed by WPRUI.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Jun 21, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

long boot times

This may not apply but my boot times are longer because of the USB External HDDs I have plugged in and probably by the 2 NAS drives plugged into my Router.

Berton, Jun 21, 2016
Thema:

long boot times

1. long boot times - Similar Threads - long boot times

2. Long boot time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long boot time: Hi,Windows 10 pro, Why is it that if I reboot after turning off my computer my boot time is a little over a minute, but if I choose re-start it takes 2 or 3 minutes.I'd appreciate your insight....
  3. Long boot time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Long boot time: Hi,Windows 10 pro, Why is it that if I reboot after turning off my computer my boot time is a little over a minute, but if I choose re-start it takes 2 or 3 minutes.I'd appreciate your insight....
  4. Long boot time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Long BIOS boot time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Long BIOS boot time?: Hey guys, so I switched over to an NVMe SSD boot drive about a year ago. It used to take me like 20 seconds to boot fully to my login screen it was amazing. But for the past few months, my computer hangs on the Dell boot icon that spins for like sometimes a full minute now,...
  6. Long boot time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Long boot time: Hey guys, how's it going? I've been experiencing huge performance issues when booting Windows on. My laptop used to boot-up in about <15s when it was brand new and it stayed this way until I've updated Windows Build. It came out of factory as ver. 1803, when I've updated it...
  7. Long Booting time of windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long Booting time of windows: Hey , I am using a HP 15-ac122tu model laptop and it takes a long time to boot up around 30 min or long.Windows 10 is my operating system and when it's opened i experience more lag than never before.What should i do I tried some fixes on youtube but none of the worked....
  8. Long Boot or Long Login Times with ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Long Boot or Long Login Times with ssd: For some reason when I boot from scratch I either get a black screen for over 30 seconds or it goes the the login screen and it takes forever to login. Hibernation doesn't have this problem. Cpu:Ryzen 5 3500u Model:HP 15-cw1068wm submitted by /u/gamingbro697 [link]...
  9. Unusually long boot time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unusually long boot time: I can't quite get a handle on this issue. Why would having USB drives attached to system increase boot time from 8 seconds to 110 seconds? Never happened on old 560 box, but does on new 3847. Dell says, "That's the way it is". Sounds odd. Nothing in UEFI/BIOS for any...
  10. Long Boot Up Time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Long Boot Up Time: Help appreciated. Couple days ago, my PC took about 2 minutes or more to boot. Ran malware/Virus scans with no errors. After powering up, I notice that the Blue Windows Logo shows up twice on solid black background, with animated spinning dots (CW), then thereafter that goes...