Windows 10: Long Debate of Battery Life on Macbook with Windows 10.

Discus and support Long Debate of Battery Life on Macbook with Windows 10. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, came to this post because of obvious reasons. I have heard that battery capacity drains over time. I bought a MacBook Pro 13' Mid 2012 in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bishal_gurung, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Long Debate of Battery Life on Macbook with Windows 10.

Hi there, came to this post because of obvious reasons. I have heard that battery capacity drains over time. I bought a MacBook Pro 13' Mid 2012 in 2015. Till mid 2018 I used MacOs and my battery and backup lasted for around 6-7 hours on normal use. Then, I started using Windows 10 Pro (no dual boot, only windows) and it's been more than a year till now. Windows 10 runs smooth and I have no problem with it but what concerns me a lot is the battery life. From when I started using Windows 10, at full capacity my battery lasts for hardly 2 hours on normal work. I work on my laptop for around 15 hours a day so I have to plug-in my laptop to charge every now and then.

After reading this post (https://www.windowscentral.com/generate-battery-report-windows-10) I did what Daniel said to know the battery life stats. Found out that my design capacity is 57,700 mWh but my full charge capacity has reduced to 31,760 and the stats say that my battery life will lasts like 2 hours on average. This has brought up more questions.

1. As Daniel has shown he also has the stats of a MacBook which has Windows installed with around 87k of full capacity which clearly shows he has 7 hours of battery life. So, can you please tell me that is battery life on MacOs always better than Windows 10. ?

2. Is this battery statistics real. I mean I know that my battery is 4 years old and the capacity has reduced but are the numbers real shown in the stats or will I get a different result on my battery capacity if I check it on MacOs ?

3. Every battery has cycle capacity ( from 0 to full charge). So, will 1 cycle of the battery life in MacOs be the same as the cycle in Windows 10 of my pc particularly. Because, if that is the case I am just wasting 3 cyles of battery life in Windows which I will be getting for 1 cycle in MacOs.

4. Battery life of MacBook is really optimised for apple's own hardware and software and this has been a long problem for all the bootcamp users. Is there really a good optimisation of Windows in MacBook so that we get the same battery life as in MacOS.

These are the main questions which is really bothering me for a long time. If anyone has any other problem or a good solution do post your opinions. And would really appreciate if anyone could give answers to the questions stated above. Thank you so much.

Note: This post is not to defame or insult Mac or Windows in any way. I have used both of them and I pretty much like both. So, please don't try to make it a hate comparision. I just want to solve my issues.

:)

bishal_gurung, Jul 1, 2019

2. Windows 10 creators update battery life

My asus laptop g551vw fy212t has 5200mah battery which is equivalent to MacBook pro battery. MacBook pro has way better battery life because Mac os has way better battery life efficiency. Windows 10 needs improvement on battery life efficiency.

techlife95, Jul 1, 2019
  3. Windows 10 creators update battery life

It is not only about the battery type, but it also depends on hardware requirements and if you have stronger hardware like more powerful CPU, Graphic Card and so on, it will consume more battery power.

How long does it take for MacBook to discharge after a full charge?

How long does it take for Windows 10?

If you want to have a fair comparison, try install Windows 10 on MacBook and check the battery life.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Jul 1, 2019
  4. Long Debate of Battery Life on Macbook with Windows 10.

Windows 10 creators update battery life

My asus laptop does not have power hungry hardware. The gtx 960m is not a tremendous battery drainer. Windows 10 battery life efficiency could be a lot better. Cortana keeps running in background draining my battery unacceptable!

techlife95, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

Long Debate of Battery Life on Macbook with Windows 10.

1. Long Debate of Battery Life on Macbook with Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Long Debate Battery

2. Life of battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Life of battery: My battery doesn't charge more than 52% though it is not old. What shall I do? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/life-of-battery/5e12fd9f-5d27-4239-8109-8a127234ad1f
  3. Battery Life.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery Life.: Hello everyone, I was just wonder if I need to buy a new battery since my battery life on lasts until it gets to about 55-70% battery then just turns off, I have tried taking the battery out and drain it but no good still dies at 60%. If you can help Please it would be great....
  4. battery life

battery life: How to get more battery life when not on the charger? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/f3b2c933-8858-437c-a547-63b7a31e7ed9
  5. Battery Life

Battery Life: My laptop's battery life drains incredibly fast. Unplugging the computer from a charger when its at 100% gives me about 4 minutes before it dies. I've tried freeing up memory, turning off the backlight on the keyboard, and lowing the screen brightness but none of it works....
  6. battery life

battery life: what is the approx. life of the battery in my HP ENVY x360 touchsmart laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/782d5872-5675-4c2f-8ea6-ebed16048580
  7. Battery life

Battery life: kindly i need your support after i upgraded my windows to windows 10 the battery get drained while the pc is off and i don't know what to do for that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/07efec83-d943-4a1c-8b58-842af7ce93ba
  8. Battery Life

Battery Life: How long is a new HP Pavilion windows 10 battery supposed to last when fully charged? I just got mine for my 18th birthday, which was on July 7th, 2018. Just a few days ago... It was fully charged and the battery went to 20% in five hours... I always keep the brightness down...
  9. Battery life with windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery life with windows 10: Initially battery life increased for my laptop ASUS S400CA from 2:35 to 3:35. Now it has come down to 2:30. In between I changed battery saver from 100 to 60. Now again I changed to 100. Still battery life is going down. I would like to know about other users exp. Any...
  10. battery life

in Windows 10 Support
    battery life: good evening, has anyone noticed a shortened battery life with windows 10 or is around 2 hours good for a laptop battery to last without using the charger. I bought my dell e6410 with windows 7 ultimate on it but only used it for a little while that night before upgrading...