Windows 10: Long delay at Welcome animation, if shutdown = black screen

Discus and support Long delay at Welcome animation, if shutdown = black screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I am restarting my computer, it boots up very fast but on the login screen, after I type my pin, I am stuck in Welcome screen no cursor for many... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Aris Melachroinos, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Long delay at Welcome animation, if shutdown = black screen

When I am restarting my computer, it boots up very fast but on the login screen, after I type my pin, I am stuck in Welcome screen no cursor for many minutes. The computer eventually boots up...

When I press shutdown and I turn my computer on, then before the login screen and after the windows logo I get a black screen no cursor for the same amount of time as the welcome loop when I restart, and then when the black screen goes away, the login screen appears and I type my pin and I see my desktop instantly.

So the OS eventually boots up everytime, but it takes many minutes because it gets stuck somewhere, and it gets stuck on a different point depending on if I press "Restart" or "Shutdown" and boot up manually. This is unacceptable if you take into consideration that I am using only M.2 SSD drives, CPU Intel i9 9900K, GPU Nvidia RTX 2070, I have the latest 1903 windows updates and I have the latest GPU drivers.

I have tried many things and nothing! I tried safe boot, clean boot, uninstall recent cumulative updates, disconnecting all usb, switching monitors, rolling back to a previous gpu driver, updating all drivers, disconnecting to the internet and rebooting, disconnecting everything except my C drive, disconnecting monitors, chkdsk /f /r, sfc /scannow, malware scan, full windows defender scan, disabling windows defender, disabling fast boot..... Nothing worked.

I also tried booting to two other SSD drives Windows 10 and they booted fine without any issues. So this is not hardware issue.

winver output:

Version 1903 OS Build 18362.778

The following might not be useful but this is what I was doing just before I realised the problem:

• I updated my nvidia studio drivers on my geforce experience program, I do these updates often with no issues.
    • I let my pc do 2 cumulative updates that were available.
    • I tried installing fastboot - flashmode drivers for a Sony Xperia phone and they failed because I needed to enable the "Disable Signature Verification" option on startup settings. That is what I was trying to do and I figured out the issue. I got the first blackscreen when I enabled this feature. I have enabled it many times in the past with no issues at all, and I know what I am doing. I did uninstall the Xperia drivers to see if it helped but nothing!

Please help me solve this. Is there any way I can generate a log file of the bootup events so that we can figure out what is causing all this???

:)

Aris Melachroinos, Apr 26, 2020
  2. Romeiro Win User

Shutdown Button Delay & Long Shutdowns

Hello,

I've been researching this issue I'm experiencing but I haven't come across anything that has helped.

Issue:
    Click on the start menu > Power > Shutdown.
    Computer does not immediately shut down. I can continue to do tasks for about 30seconds.
    The computer suddenly switches over to the "Shutting Down" screen with green/blue/<color> background.
    The computer takes several minutes to shut down.

I have attached a screenshot of Event Viewer logs for Microsoft/Diagnostics-Performance/Operational filtered to Event ID's 200-299 (Shutdown).

Long delay at Welcome animation, if shutdown = black screen [​IMG]

I have also run a sfc /scannow but there were files that Windows was unable to fix.

Long delay at Welcome animation, if shutdown = black screen [​IMG]

I'll include the log files as a zipped attachment if it helps.

I've also tried performing a clean boot described in this article with no success:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

I'm unsure what to do at this point. Please help.

Romeiro, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Long delay at Welcome animation, if shutdown = black screen

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

Long delay at Welcome animation, if shutdown = black screen

1. Long delay at Welcome animation, if shutdown = black screen - Similar Threads - Long delay Welcome

2. Long animation for copying a file in Windows 10 with specially increased delay!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Long animation for copying a file in Windows 10 with specially increased delay!: When I copying a file or shortcut in Windows, the subsequent insertion is accompanied by a copy dialog box, which is displayed for a long time due to special standart animation, is there any way to remove this 'long animation'? This crutch is terribly annoying. Not only does...
  3. Long animation for copying a file in Windows 10 with specially increased delay!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Long animation for copying a file in Windows 10 with specially increased delay!: When I copying a file or shortcut in Windows, the subsequent insertion is accompanied by a copy dialog box, which is displayed for a long time due to special standart animation, is there any way to remove this 'long animation'? This crutch is terribly annoying. Not only does...
  4. Long animation for copying a file in Windows 10 with specially increased delay!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Delayed shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delayed shutdown: Hello! Recently, an issue with my Windows 11 installation has arised. When I click on the shutdown button nothing happens and my computer idles normally. After 3-5 minutes the shutdown gets initiated and the computer turns off. I replaced my motherboard and the issue stopped,...
  6. Delayed shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delayed shutdown: Hello! Recently, an issue with my Windows 11 installation has arised. When I click on the shutdown button nothing happens and my computer idles normally. After 3-5 minutes the shutdown gets initiated and the computer turns off. I replaced my motherboard and the issue stopped,...
  7. Welcome screen took so long

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Welcome screen took so long: I never sign in to the computer I just install windows 8 and I stuck I’m have no idea what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/welcome-screen-took-so-long/8e718f36-8cd4-48ae-82cd-fa12915ccf63
  8. Very long procedure of entering in the profile / long welcome screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very long procedure of entering in the profile / long welcome screen: I have this problem for a long time already, and it's quite irritating.The Windows itself booting fast till the screen with "Welcome UserName". On this screen, it stucks for a very big period of time various each separate time, usually from 10 to 30 minutes, which is an...
  9. Shutdown Button Delay & Long Shutdowns

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown Button Delay & Long Shutdowns: Hello, I've been researching this issue I'm experiencing but I haven't come across anything that has helped. Issue: Click on the start menu > Power > Shutdown. Computer does not immediately shut down. I can continue to do tasks for about 30seconds. The computer...
  10. Shutdown delay

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown delay: When I select "shut down" on my W10 desktop PC, the monitor darkens immediately, but the power light remains on and the disc activity flashes intermittently for 10 seconds to three minutes. What is the PC doing? Why doesn't this happen with my W10 Surface tablet? Any...