Windows 10: LONG delay while booting

Discus and support LONG delay while booting in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I don't THINK this is a Windows 10 thing, so... ASUS X99 Deluxe, Windows 10 Pro, 32 GB memory, AMD 5700 XT graphics... For the last couple months,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by GracieAllen, Dec 4, 2020.

1. LONG delay while booting

I don't THINK this is a Windows 10 thing, so...

ASUS X99 Deluxe, Windows 10 Pro, 32 GB memory, AMD 5700 XT graphics...

For the last couple months, when I boot the system is posts (presume post is that time when the system wants you to press DEL to go into the BIOS). Then it sits there for 80-90 seconds. Then it boots.

A bit more information. If I do a boot starting from having the power supply shut off (cold? boot), it SEEMS to boot fine. If I do a normal shutdown/restart while in Windows, it sits. If I hit the reset button it boots. What I've taken to doing is when I do a "normal" shutdown/restart, when the "press DEL" screen shows up I hit the reset button, and it boots fine - no extremely long delay while it sits there...

It displays a 99 while sitting. ASUS says this means Super IO Initialization. I've read a bunch of discussions various places and they all have "THE FIX", which, of course, haven't worked...

One discussion insisted if you get this code the motherboard is bad and should be replaced. I don't think so, since it only happens when doing the shutdown/restart from Windows.

One discussion indicated it was a motherboard connections - pulled all the plugs, reconnected, reseated the memory, made no difference. The other day I removed all the hard drives except the O/S SSD and it still did it. Put them back in 1 by 1, no difference.

Another discussion said to replace all the SATA cables to the hard drives. So I did that. Nothing. No change.

I replaced the graphics card - not because of this, just because it needed it... No difference.

I've got 2 monitors, 1 DP, 1 HDMI. Removed the HDMI one, no difference.

I think I'm out of IO things to unplug.

Ideas?

:)

GracieAllen, Dec 4, 2020
  2. Steve C Win User

Extremely long and incomplete boot

This may be a long shot. My PC hung at boot yesterday after typing the password - see Can't Login - Further Troubleshooting Steps?

I ran chkdsk c: /spotfix and all is now fine. Someone has also suggested running chkdsk c: /r.

Steve C, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Long sleep delay?

Hi,

We would like to ask some questions to know the best possible resolution.

• Did you make any changes before the issue started?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done on your end?
    • Have you tried performing a clean boot?
    We look forward to your reply.

Nathaniel Mon, Dec 4, 2020
  4. GNJha Win User

LONG delay while booting

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

LONG delay while booting

1. LONG delay while booting - Similar Threads - LONG delay while

2. Long delays for words appear in the monitor!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Long delays for words appear in the monitor!: Incredible!!! For more than one year using this Dell Inspiron computer, Windows 10 Home, and I still am struggling with the annoying long delays for appears the words/numbers on the monitor after digited.I can’t believe that Microsoft don’t have people whose should know how...
  3. Long delays for words appear in the monitor!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long delays for words appear in the monitor!: Incredible!!! For more than one year using this Dell Inspiron computer, Windows 10 Home, and I still am struggling with the annoying long delays for appears the words/numbers on the monitor after digited.I can’t believe that Microsoft don’t have people whose should know how...
  4. Windows 10 long delay on startup.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 long delay on startup.: When I am restarting my computer, it boots up very fast but on the login screen, after I type my pin, I am stuck in Welcome screen no cursor for many minutes. The computer eventually boots up... When I press shutdown and I turn my computer on, then before the login screen...
  5. Windows 10 long delay on startup.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 long delay on startup.: When I am restarting my computer, it boots up very fast but on the login screen, after I type my pin, I am stuck in Welcome screen no cursor for many minutes. The computer eventually boots up... When I press shutdown and I turn my computer on, then before the login screen...
  6. delayed booting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    delayed booting: My Lenovo Ideapad 300 series takes about 15-20 minutes to boot. I have tried everything suggested in Youtube videos, and other windows users online... no changes. Someone, please help....
  7. Booting is delayed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting is delayed: I could not boot the computer ; It demands three or four on /off press. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-is-delayed/a7431a14-a67b-4e5b-9368-ce33b0b836f8
  8. Long Delay for UAC Prompt to Appear?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Long Delay for UAC Prompt to Appear?: Since the last update to 1607 Build 14393.576 on two PCs, it now takes about 30s for the UAC prompt or cmd.exe window to first appear on both PCs. Subsequent UAC prompts appear after a normal delay. Both PCs have Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS) 2017. I discovered turning...
  9. Shutdown Button Delay & Long Shutdowns

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown Button Delay & Long Shutdowns: Hello, I've been researching this issue I'm experiencing but I haven't come across anything that has helped. Issue: Click on the start menu > Power > Shutdown. Computer does not immediately shut down. I can continue to do tasks for about 30seconds. The computer...
  10. Long delay before login.

in Windows 10 Support
    Long delay before login.: Just installed Windows 10 on my fathers laptop. Did an upgrade from 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro. Then did a clean install. Same issue. On boot up I see the HP BIOS Logo, then the Windows logo with the spinning dots. Then the screen goes blank, just the backlight for almost 2 full...