Windows 10: Long empty context menu in taskbar icons

Discus and support Long empty context menu in taskbar icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is this a bug? Is there any way that I can avoid it? I'm running the latest version of Windows 10. 181625 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kixxmal, Jun 25, 2021.

1. kixxmal Win User

Long empty context menu in taskbar icons

Is this a bug? Is there any way that I can avoid it? I'm running the latest version of Windows 10.

:)

kixxmal, Jun 25, 2021
  2. Rea_13 Win User

Context menu on taskbar icon

I have issue with taskbar icons. When I right click on icon, context menu does not appear. For example, right click on edge should show close window, new window, incognito new window.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Rea_13, Jun 25, 2021
  3. wupp Win User
    Is there a way to add new items to the context menu of taskbar icons in Windows 10?

It is possible to add custom items to the context menu of specific file types through the registry, however extending the .lnk files, that I suppose are used in the windows 10 taskbar has no effect on the context menu that accessible from the taskbar, only on the ones accessible from desktop or file explorers.

I'd like to either add a custom option to the jumplist menu (on the taskbar), or to the menu that shows up once right-clicking the shortuct icon in the jumplist menu.

My goal is to be able to open the file location of items located on the taskbar more efficiently, currently the best way I know is:

1. Right click the icon on the taskbar
    2. Right click the app's shortcut in the jumplist menu
    3. Click on 'Properties'
    4. Click on 'Open file location'
    5. Close the Properties window

I'd like to shave off as many steps as possible from this process.

4. Thanatica Win User

Consolidate context menu styles

The style for context menus need to be consolidated. There are current three different styles:

• Right-click on an empty region of the taskbar: you will get a black context menu with a light border and no icons, which fades in and out.
    • Right-click on a taskbar app button: you will get a black context menu without border but with monotone icons, which slides in and out from the bottom.
    • Right-click on the desktop and most other places: you will get a bright-grey context menu with coloured icons, which fades in and out.

Like I said, there is no need to maintain three different styles for a visual element that is the result of three identical user interactions, only in different places. These three styles come with a virgin installation of Windows 10, which can make it confusing
    to new and upgraded users why the colour and such is suddenly different for essentially the same 'thing'.

To reiterate, differences in:

• Background colour
    • Text colour
    • Border style
    • Hide- and show animation
    • Coloured icons, monotone icons, or no icons

Why not make these the same for every context menu? It's easier to maintain (for Microsoft devs) and easier on the user experience (for your valued customers).

Thanatica, Jun 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Long empty context menu in taskbar icons - Similar Threads - Long empty context

2. Change "Empty Recycle Bin" icon and text in context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change "Empty Recycle Bin" icon and text in context menu: I am looking to change the text possibly the icon displayed in the context menu when right clicking on the recycle bin. I have seem plenty of people show how to remove or add it from the context menu, but how would one alter it?...
  3. Change "Empty Recycle Bin" icon and text in context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change "Empty Recycle Bin" icon and text in context menu: I am looking to change the text possibly the icon displayed in the context menu when right clicking on the recycle bin. I have seem plenty of people show how to remove or add it from the context menu, but how would one alter it?...
  4. Taskbar WiFi menu empty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar WiFi menu empty: I've looked through the FAQs without success, direction to the question if duplicate appreciated. But...After Upgrade to Windows 11 the WiFi-button in the task bar does not show the available networks any more. They are accessible through the log-in screen and through the...
  5. Taskbar WiFi menu empty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar WiFi menu empty: I've looked through the FAQs without success, direction to the question if duplicate appreciated. But...After Upgrade to Windows 11 the WiFi-button in the task bar does not show the available networks any more. They are accessible through the log-in screen and through the...
  6. Context menu on taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Context menu on taskbar icon: I have issue with taskbar icons. When I right click on icon, context menu does not appear. For example, right click on edge should show close window, new window, incognito new window. Does anyone know how to solve this?...
  7. Icons for context menu

Icons for context menu: Hello. Sorry for my English. There are option for putting icons in context menu for SEE, NEW, CHANGE NAME, COPY, CUT, DELETE ...? Thanks. 108594
  8. Black Context Menu for Taskbar and Old Context Menu for Desktop

Black Context Menu for Taskbar and Old Context Menu for Desktop: Hello. Today I got an update, and I noticed afterwards that the Windows 10 context menu when you right click the desktop went back to the old version and not the Windows 10 version. Also, the context menu for right clicking in the taskbar turned black in the background. Not...
  9. No taskbar properties in the context menu of the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    No taskbar properties in the context menu of the taskbar: Hi guys, Yesterday I installed Windows 10 Pro and after sometime I noticed that when I right-click on the taskbar I don't have "Properties" option which normally should be. Could you please help me to sort it out. Thank you. 62126
  10. Open Context Menu for Taskbar Icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Context Menu for Taskbar Icons in Windows 10: How to: Open Context Menu for Taskbar Icons in Windows 10 [img] Information A context menu is a menu in a graphical user interface (GUI) that appears when you right-click on an item in Windows. A context menu offers a limited set of choices that vary depending on the item...