Windows 10: Long Installing time for Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Long Installing time for Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Cpu: i7 4790k Main Drive: Kingston Hyperx Fury M.2 Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 pro Using MediaCreationToolx64 to upgrade After 6 hours of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kenneth64, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Kenneth64 Win User

Long Installing time for Windows 10 Pro

Cpu: i7 4790k
    Main Drive: Kingston Hyperx Fury M.2
    Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 pro

Using MediaCreationToolx64 to upgrade

After 6 hours of installing the blue circle proceeded to 10% with 34% copying files.
    I wonder am i the only one? I have already unplug all devices except for Ethernet mouse keyboard monitor.*cry

:)

Kenneth64, Jul 30, 2015

2. Windows 10 single language

that is correct as long as your installing the same edition as you had before so if you have windows 10 pro just now install windows 10 pro not home.

TrevorStephen, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Receiving preview Windows updates even I'm not opt-in for the Insider Program

Hi!

I'm registered to Insider Program a long time ago, since 2014. But in 2015, I stopped installing Insider builds. I'm currently using Windows 10 Pro version 1709, I just recently clean-installed it.

RedRailgun, Jul 30, 2015
  4. harvard Win User

How much was your hard drive occupied?

harvard, Jul 30, 2015
  5. Kenneth64 Win User
    I55Gb free of 223Gb

Kenneth64, Jul 30, 2015
  6. bobkn Win User
    Are you letting the Media Creation Tool run the upgrade online?

My preference would be to use the Tool to download the correct ISO. On my cable connection I saw 70+ Mbps, and the download took less than 10 minutes. You can mount the ISO directly in Window 8.1 and run the upgrade from that.

bobkn, Jul 30, 2015
  7. Kenneth64 Win User
    So i select "Create installation media for another PC" and after dowdloading i run the set up.exe?

Kenneth64, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Long Installing time for Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Long Installing Pro

2. Windows 10 exteremely long boot time.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 exteremely long boot time.: I have Windows 10 Home 10.0.19041 Buid 19041 When I boot restart or normal boot the Welcome screen comes up quite quickly with the line drawing of a head & shoulders & my name, but then it stays like that for some 10 minutes before it starts building the desktop. During...
  3. It is taking a long time to download windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    It is taking a long time to download windows 10: I am downloading Windows 10 to my Mac to put it on a drive to plug into my new computer. I started it at 1 in the morning and it is only on 53 mb. What can I do to make it faster? It says it is going to take a week....
  4. Windows 10 Updates failing/taking a long time to download and install

Windows 10 Updates failing/taking a long time to download and install: So I recently reset my PC via the Recovery tab in Settings. I did this to skirt the Upgrade Repair feature since it was not working, and Resetting seemed to be faster than performing a Clean Install of Win10. As far as I can tell, the reset fixed my initial issues with...
  5. Windows 10 clean installation stuck on 'copying windows files' for a long time.

Windows 10 clean installation stuck on 'copying windows files' for a long time.: My acer laptop was extremely slow. So I tried to clean install windows. But the installation is stuck. After partition and drive selection area, it was loading overnight saying 'FINISHING UP' and nothing happens. So I powered off the lap and tried again. Now I can see my old...
  6. Is it possible for me to activate Windows 10 Pro? Long Wait Times

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is it possible for me to activate Windows 10 Pro? Long Wait Times: After some static fried my motherboard, I had to replace it with whatever I could find. So I put in an old LGA 1155 board, and tried activating windows 10 pro. That board had previously been in another computer. I went through the Activation troubleshooter and chose to...
  7. Clean install of Windows 10 taking a super long time...

Clean install of Windows 10 taking a super long time...: I'm hoping this fixes itself before anyone gets a chance to read this, but in case it does not...here goes it's currently Saturday, 4:20pm Central Time on February 29, 2020: Attempting to perform a clean Windows install on a Dell Inspiron 17 5759 so I can give it to my...
  8. Windows 10 takes a long time to boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 takes a long time to boot: So, I've encountered this issue lately where Windows 10 takes considerably longer to boot than before. (Usually 4 to 5 minutes) It used to boot under 30 seconds before so I don't know what went wrong here. So, the screen with the Windows logo and loading circle...
  9. Windows 10 takes a LONG time to login

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 takes a LONG time to login: A couple weeks ago, my Windows 10 computer started taking a LONG time to login. The times have been going up and down, with a max of about 15.5 minutes, which happened today. Here's what I've tried to solve this issue: 1. Do a clean boot (no startup programs or services...
  10. Long install time

Long install time: I chose to try the upgrade exe file to install Windows 10 update to Windows 8.1. I started at 5PM. It is now 1015 PM and it's at 25%. I don't dare stop it, but have others experienced this? I forgot to mention that the upgrade is going on to 5 year old Dell Studio laptop. It...