Windows 10: Long Live Insanity - Windows Upgrades overwriting/deleting backups!

Discus and support Long Live Insanity - Windows Upgrades overwriting/deleting backups! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; With the recent problems - update 1809 I'm trying to reverse it. I did it too quickly, but Microsoft is not helping. In the process of doing clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by _JackD_, Oct 8, 2018.

1. _JackD_ Win User

Long Live Insanity - Windows Upgrades overwriting/deleting backups!

With the recent problems - update 1809 I'm trying to reverse it. I did it too quickly, but Microsoft is not helping.

In the process of doing clean refresh my Ashampoo System Backups ( whole directory, 20 days of backup on internal hard drive ) was deleted!!! Every reinstallation puts 1809 back on my PC.

I'm furious!

:)

_JackD_, Oct 8, 2018
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Oct 8, 2018
  3. AJWinP7 Win User
    Windows Live contacts overwrites my phone contacts if I sync

Windows Live essentially overwrites my phone with contacts that I've deleted before. How can I prevent this from happening? I'd like my phone to update Windows Live when I add a contact on the phone and delete it from Windows Live when I delete a contact
    from the phone. Am I missing something?

AJWinP7, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Long Live Insanity - Windows Upgrades overwriting/deleting backups! - Similar Threads - Long Live Insanity

2. Long waits in Live Chat

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long waits in Live Chat: Why the incredibly long waits in queues for Live Chat? After several hours stuck at "2 people ahead of you", I gave up. Is Microsoft making you wait and then timing you out?...
  3. Long waits in Live Chat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Long waits in Live Chat: Why the incredibly long waits in queues for Live Chat? After several hours stuck at "2 people ahead of you", I gave up. Is Microsoft making you wait and then timing you out?...
  4. Long waits in Live Chat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows taking insanely long time to boot and reduced performance.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows taking insanely long time to boot and reduced performance.: For the past day or two, my windows is taking insanely long times to boot 15-20 minutes. Also, the performance has become very slow frequent crashes, long loading times for apps, etc.. If someone has any idea please help. Some background: I have a 2-year-old MSI laptop. The...
  6. Windows taking insanely long time to boot and reduced performance.

Windows taking insanely long time to boot and reduced performance.: For the past day or two, my windows is taking insanely long times to boot 15-20 minutes. Also, the performance has become very slow frequent crashes, long loading times for apps, etc.. If someone has any idea please help. Some background: I have a 2-year-old MSI laptop. The...
  7. Windows taking insanely long time to boot and reduced performance.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Long Filenames After Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Long Filenames After Backup: I had to reinstall Windows 10 after a serious crash. When I retrieved my backed up files from an external hard drive, they all have extra date/time data added to the name. Why? Example: Demos and Tutorials 2019_12_20 22_38_43 UTC.pdf...
  9. [LONG] Windows 10 Update problems driving me insane

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [LONG] Windows 10 Update problems driving me insane: This is going to be a bit long, so please bear with me. I'll start from the beginning. All my problems started about 2 months ago, when my .NET Framework 4.5 Machine.config file got corrupted. I use a lot of tools that need the Framework to function at all, so I quickly...
  10. Ccleaner - Secure Deletion (Overwritting)

Ccleaner - Secure Deletion (Overwritting): Hi! I want to always Permanently Delete (Shred) files and folders on my PC so that no one can recover those data. Now I heard for a program called Eraser which allows us to shred files/folders by clicking right click of mouse on the files/folders and then choosing Shredding...