Windows 10: long loding time with right mouse click on desktop

Discus and support long loding time with right mouse click on desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hi it takes just under 2 minutes for the right clicked menu to load on the desktop during which i can't interact with anything on the desktop but i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Countryside_Badger, Jun 25, 2020.

1. long loding time with right mouse click on desktop

hi

it takes just under 2 minutes for the right clicked menu to load on the desktop during which i can't interact with anything on the desktop but i can use the rest of the computer.

ex:

can't do: right click -> personalization

can do: start -> settings -> personalization

:)

Countryside_Badger, Jun 25, 2020

2. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Right Click on Desktop take long time to show up

This worked!! Thank you very much long loding time with right mouse click on desktop :) long loding time with right mouse click on desktop :)

Synaptics Control Panel
    seems to be the offending extension for me. Any downside for disabling it?

long loding time with right mouse click on desktop [​IMG]

Remian8985, Jun 25, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

long loding time with right mouse click on desktop

Right Click on Desktop Context Menu take a long time to show up

Thanks popeye
    Step 5 in that post will not work in Windows 10 so here's an update.
    Please download: ShellExView - Shell Extension Manager For Windows

1. This program does not require installation, just right click and run as Administrator
    2. From the menu, click on Options then click on Filter by Extension Type and select Context Menu Also put a check marks on the items as shown below.

long loding time with right mouse click on desktop [​IMG]

3. On the list are the Shell Extensions with pink background, installed by the third party programs
    4. Hold down SHIFT Key, click on first item & then on last item to select ALL then click on the red button on top left corner to disable all.
    5. CTRL+ALT+DELETE->Task Manager->File->Run New Task and type explorer->OK
    6. Now try to right click on desktop to see if it fixes your problem. If it does then start to enable one by one and repeat step 5 until the problem occurs again, that's the offending extension.

topgundcp, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

long loding time with right mouse click on desktop

1. long loding time with right mouse click on desktop - Similar Threads - long loding right

2. Desktop right click a bit time to respond.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop right click a bit time to respond.: Hello, I recently upgraded from windows 10 to 11. Everything works fine for me, but desktop right click is taking a bit time to respond around 2 secs but right click in explorer or browsers is working fine. Is there any way to fix this issue ?Thanks and regards....
  3. Desktop right click a bit time to respond.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop right click a bit time to respond.: Hello, I recently upgraded from windows 10 to 11. Everything works fine for me, but desktop right click is taking a bit time to respond around 2 secs but right click in explorer or browsers is working fine. Is there any way to fix this issue ?Thanks and regards....
  4. Right click on Desktop takes long time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right click on Desktop takes long time: For some reason when I use the RMB while in desktop it takes around 5 seconds to open and only in desktop... In games,Programs,etc.... it is smooth. Any way to fix that? submitted by /u/AhmedKiller2015 [link] [comments]...
  5. Right click a long time to pop up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right click a long time to pop up: To see the context, the right click does not respond immediately. It takes a very long time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-a-long-time-to-pop-up/e015d643-a2bc-4e6f-ab9f-bbc736bed177
  6. Right click on desktop takes long to open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right click on desktop takes long to open: When i right click on my mouse to open the quick menu to create a file or map it takes 4 seconds to load. Any fix? submitted by /u/midsty [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/irjhzu/right_click_on_desktop_takes_long_to_open/
  7. Mouse take too much time to display when right clicked on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse take too much time to display when right clicked on desktop: Hi there … I am facing an issue regarding the delay of the right click of the mouse .. My laptop Acer Nitro 5 was getting slow that's why I did reset with deleting all the files and after the reset I faced this issue … when I click right mouse button while on desktop it takes...
  8. Right mouse click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right mouse click: I have a microsoft keyboard and mouse connected via USB. The right mouse click no longer works on my mouse?? How do I fix - I have followed a number of articles but nothing has worked...
  9. Mouse right click taking time to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse right click taking time to load: Hi, I am facing an issue about mouse click. When right click it takes 7-8 seconds to populates the list. Please give some suggestion.. Thanks in advance....
  10. Right Click on Desktop Context Menu take a long time to show up

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click on Desktop Context Menu take a long time to show up: Hello everyone, I have a strange problem where my PC would idle and take a long time for the Contextual Menu to show up when I Right Click on a blank space on the Desktop. It literally take about 10 - 15 seconds for the Menu to show up. After that it is fast again. Then...