Windows 10: Long logon time

Discus and support Long logon time in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Winlogon warning (ID: 6006) in Event Viewer showed this: The winlogon notification subscriber <Profiles> took 178 second(s) to handle the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/biggest_oversight, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Long logon time

Winlogon warning (ID: 6006) in Event Viewer showed this:

The winlogon notification subscriber <Profiles> took 178 second(s) to handle the notification event (Logon).

I'm using a personal laptop with the newest build of Windows 10. I've searched the error on the Internet but I haven't found a solution yet.

submitted by /u/biggest_oversight
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/biggest_oversight, Aug 4, 2020
  2. DanielYX Win User

Long Loading Time for Lock Screen

Hello Pawan, thank you for the reply!

I've tried all of the steps that you've given me. Unfortunately, none of them made a difference except for the clean boot step. It didn't completely solve the problem, however I did notice a
    slightly faster load time for the lock screen. However, it still takes an unusually long time to load it. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

DanielYX, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Windows 10 takes a LONG time to login

A couple weeks ago, my Windows 10 computer started taking a LONG time to login. The times have been going up and down, with a max of about 15.5 minutes, which happened today. Here's what I've tried to solve this issue:

1. Do a clean boot (no startup programs or services other than Microsoft services).
    2. Defrag/optimize hard drive (not SSD).
    3. Run CCleaner and Malwarebytes.
    4. Check the Event Viewer.

Here I found multiple warnings and errors:

1. Event 6005, The winlogon notification subscriber <Profiles> is taking long time to handle the notification event (Logon).
    2. Event 7022, The Connected Devices Platform Service service hung on starting. (and a few like it, only with different services)
    3. Event 6006, The winlogon notification subscriber <Profiles> took 936 second(s) to handle the notification event (Logon).
    4. Event 6004, The winlogon notification subscriber <GPClient> failed a critical notification event.
    5. Event 6001, The winlogon notification subscriber <Sens> failed a notification event.

After some googling, I continued with the following steps:

5. Disable "Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon" and "Run logon scripts synchronously" in the Group Policy Editor.
    6. Do an in-place upgrade/repair.

There are probably some other steps I've missed, but I think that covers most of it. I'm fed up with this problem, but I really don't want to have to reinstall Windows. If anyone has any solutions or ideas, I'm open to anything at this point.

Thanks in advance!

JFischer00, Aug 4, 2020
  4. zinou Win User

Long logon time

Slow Boot in Windows10 - ok POST time, but too long to logon screen

Hi @ShrakAtak and welcome to tenforums.

from the boot trace, you total boot time is 58,71s. there are 30s spent at the pre-session init phase, which is a lot for a config like yours.

Long logon time [​IMG]

Looking at what's causing this delay (28s), reveal that is caused by the system trying to start a network device.

Long logon time [​IMG]

After looking closer to that, it seems that the network device is a Wireless AC 1200 Dual bande Usb Adapter.

Long logon time [​IMG]

Long logon time [​IMG]

Remove this device and do a test.

zinou, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Long logon time

1. Long logon time - Similar Threads - Long logon

2. How long Windows 11 version 24H1 will be supported?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long Windows 11 version 24H1 will be supported?: Windows 11 version 24H1 spotted Windows 11 version 24H2.Windows 11 version 24H1 or 24H2?Windows 11 version 24H1 support ends until June 9, 2026. However, Windows 11 version 24H1 first Dev Channels were scheduled to be launched on March 27, 2024, only 2 weeks leftHowever,...
  3. How long Windows 11 version 24H1 will be supported?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long Windows 11 version 24H1 will be supported?: Windows 11 version 24H1 spotted Windows 11 version 24H2.Windows 11 version 24H1 or 24H2?Windows 11 version 24H1 support ends until June 9, 2026. However, Windows 11 version 24H1 first Dev Channels were scheduled to be launched on March 27, 2024, only 2 weeks leftHowever,...
  4. Windows 11 takes a long time to shutdown/Logoff the system with a USB controller plugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 takes a long time to shutdown/Logoff the system with a USB controller plugged: Windows version: Windows 11 Home & Pro 10.0.22631PCs specs: Desktop:CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Motherboard: MSI B650M-p pro GPU: RTX 4060 MSI Ventus 2X RAM: Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 16GB SSD: Nvme Crucial P3Laptop: HP Laptop 15s-eq2xxxI have encountered some issues since the...
  5. Windows 11 takes a long time to shutdown/Logoff the system with a USB controller plugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 takes a long time to shutdown/Logoff the system with a USB controller plugged: Windows version: Windows 11 Home & Pro 10.0.22631PCs specs: Desktop:CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Motherboard: MSI B650M-p pro GPU: RTX 4060 MSI Ventus 2X RAM: Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 16GB SSD: Nvme Crucial P3Laptop: HP Laptop 15s-eq2xxxI have encountered some issues since the...
  6. Windows 10 logon take long time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 logon take long time: Recently, I have observed my Windows 10 PC taking long time to logon to desktop occasionally. After entering username and password, it may takes 10 to 30 seconds to complete the logon process and show Windows desktop screen. The Windows logon time is measured after PC...
  7. Logon taking too long

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Logon taking too long: I'm running Windows 10 Home, so no solutions involving Group Policy Editor; Windows Update is up to date, all drivers are up to date (updated through the manufacturer's website); I've run DISM, SFC, CHKDSK; I've done a clean boot, disabled all startup programs; Safe mode...
  8. Slow Boot in Windows10 - ok POST time, but too long to logon screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Boot in Windows10 - ok POST time, but too long to logon screen: I have reviewed other similar threads with hopes I could troubleshoot this on my own but I'm having trouble getting familiar with the Windows Performance Analyzer. I have ran and saved a Boot Trace. Its here_>...
  9. newly created local account doesn't appear on long screen, can't logon.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    newly created local account doesn't appear on long screen, can't logon.: A client got a new intel Nuc. He logged on with his Microsoft account and I then setup two local accounts for 'public' and admin use. Neither of the two local accounts is visible on the logon screen. If I hit 'Other user', and select password, it asks for an email...
  10. Long delay before password entry box is shown on logon screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long delay before password entry box is shown on logon screen.: Laptop with Windows 10 Home 64 bit. This is an old laptop and the CPU benchmark is around 2,000. It has 4 GB of RAM and 5,400 RPM hard drive. It runs most of the errands fine. However, recently it started to slow down significantly at the logon screen. Once it wakes...