Windows 10: Long pause during start up

Discus and support Long pause during start up in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, i have just upgraded an older HP laptop to win 10 Home 1903. (Clean Install) All has gone well except that during start up the screen goes black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by utsbrodie, Oct 8, 2019.

1. utsbrodie Win User

Long pause during start up

Hi, i have just upgraded an older HP laptop to win 10 Home 1903. (Clean Install)

All has gone well except that during start up the screen goes black for a while then continues on normally.

i.e I get the blue window and rotating wheel for about 15 seconds, then the screen goes black for 1 1/4 minutes (same every time), and then continues on to the welcome screen. During the black screen period, there is almost nil disc activity, and after the 1 1/4 minutes resumes normal activity.

Disc itself appears to be OK (according to eventvwr), although I have not performed a thorough diagnostic on it.

Any ideas?

:)

utsbrodie, Oct 8, 2019

2. OneDrive always starts in a paused state on hard-wired ethernet connection.

Oops - I had this problem for a month, and only after I posted it here did I find the setting where it was somehow marked as "metered."

In the system tray, if I click the network icon, and my ethernet connection, it opens Settings/Ethernet, and my connection is listed. If I click it again (why do I need this step, I already clicked the specific connection once Long pause during start up ;)!) then it opens settings
    I had long forgotten exist. Here it has Network Profile and Metered Connection, which was mysteriously set to "On." Turning this off seems to have fixed my OneDrive pausing issue, as expected!

Jason C Beck, Oct 8, 2019
  3. Daffy01 Win User
    Long Pause when Transferring multiple files to ext. HDD

Hi All,

I have a 2.5" WD 320GB SATA 2 HDD I put in a USB3.0 caddy formatted as exFAT-(1024Kb allocation) & set policies to "best performance", the problem is that when I transfer multiple files it has a LOOOOONNNNGGG pause between each file then another long pause
    at 99%.

Any help to fix the long pause would be great, I have another ext. HDD that does not have the pause.

Thanks Long pause during start up :)

Daffy01, Oct 8, 2019
  4. Long pause during start up

PC won't start

Went to start pc and get the beep. One beep, pause and then repeats. Reseated the RAM and it was working last night.
    Ideas, helpful suggestions or cures would be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks in advance for your help.

autigerfan, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

Long pause during start up

1. Long pause during start up - Similar Threads - Long pause during

2. Printer pauses during printing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer pauses during printing: I have an HP LaserJet M203 connected to my OFFICE3 computer, which runs W10. When I print several documents, the first prints fine. However, when I send the 2nd document to the printer there is a pause - usually about a minute. The 2nd and 3rd might print okay and then it...
  3. Printer pauses during printing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer pauses during printing: I have an HP LaserJet M203 connected to my OFFICE3 computer, which runs W10. When I print several documents, the first prints fine. However, when I send the 2nd document to the printer there is a pause - usually about a minute. The 2nd and 3rd might print okay and then it...
  4. Printer pauses during printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Spending too long time in welcome during start up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Spending too long time in welcome during start up: Please anyone know how to solve this as I dont know why my pc starts up so slow before this it just took less than 1 second in the welcome during start up but now is almost 5 to 6 seconds...
  6. Spinning dots during start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Spinning dots during start up: I have a nextbook 10.1 2 in 1 and I cant get rid of the spinning dots. I tried restarting 3 or more times to get to safe mode but it didnt go.What can I do now? Im getting frustrated. I need to get this fixed before my classes start. PLEASE HELP ME!...
  7. Long pause during boot since update to 20H2

in Windows 10 Support
    Long pause during boot since update to 20H2: Would really value some help with resolving this issue, i've tried lots of different things and im now out of ideas. Problem: Desktop PC , Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 MSI motherboard, C drive is 1Tb SSD. After the PC updated to the latest windows version 20H2, the boot process...
  8. Blinking cursor during start-up.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blinking cursor during start-up.: I did an clean install of Windows 10 Pro recently, version 1909. One of the things that I noticed after the install, when doing a restart, I see the blinking cursor in the upper left of the screen for a few seconds, then it drops down a couple of inches and blinks some more,...
  9. Long pause during start up

in Windows 10 Support
    Long pause during start up: Hi, i have just upgraded an older HP laptop to win 10 Home 1903. (Clean Install) All has gone well except that during start up the screen goes black for a while then continues on normally. i.e I get the blue window and rotating wheel for about 15 seconds, then the screen...
  10. PC freezes during start up

in Windows 10 Support
    PC freezes during start up: At start up, my PC freezes at the pre log on page - the screen before, and which would normally lead to, the password entry / log on screen - It shows mail accounts being updated and the digital clock display operates, but PC does not respond to any input other than to power...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 a long pause before getting to sign in screen