Windows 10: Long press does nothing after turning on the filter keys

Discus and support Long press does nothing after turning on the filter keys in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I tried to turn on the sounds for physical keyboards whenever a key is pressed so I turned on filter keys but long press like removing multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Muhammad Luqman Qureshi, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Long press does nothing after turning on the filter keys

I tried to turn on the sounds for physical keyboards whenever a key is pressed so I turned on filter keys but long press like removing multiple alphabets by pressing backspace or typing the same alphabet by long pressing the key stopped working. Turning off the key solves the problem but stops the sound too.

:)

Muhammad Luqman Qureshi, Jan 18, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Filter Keys

Hi,

Filter Keys are part of the Ease of Access features in Windows 10 that can help users control the keypress repeat rate and ignore the repeated keys. This setting can be disabled by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Click Ease of Access.
    • Click Change how your keyboard works.
    • Click Set up Filter Keys.
    • Uncheck Turn on Filter Keys when right SHIFT is pressed for 8 seconds.
    • Uncheck Turn on Filter Keys.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know if you were able to turn Filter Keys off after following these steps.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Yolvi Ell, Jan 18, 2020
  3. Anne Fuj Win User
    Cannot keep Filter Keys turned off in settings using accessibility version of windows 10

Hello Jerry,

Thank you for getting back to us with the results.

We apologize for the delay as we are checking in your case thoroughly.

Since the above methods did not change anything, kindly follow the steps below on we can turn off filter keys in Windows 10:

• Open the Control Panel and change the view to Large icons, and then click Ease of Access Center.
    • Scroll down to the Explore all settings section, then click Make the keyboard easier to use.
    • In the window that shows up, uncheck the boxes for “Turn on Sticky Keys” and “Turn on Filter Keys” to turn off the Sticky / Filter Keys features.

• To prevent Windows from popping up the Sticky / Filter Keys popup dialog, you also need to disable the corresponding keyboard shortcuts.
      • Disable Sticky Keys Keyboard Shortcut
        Click the Set up Sticky Keys link. In the Sticky Keys setup screen, uncheck the box for “Turn on Sticky Keys when SHIFT is pressed five times“.
      • Disable Filter Keys Keyboard Shortcut
        Click the Set up Filter Keys link. In the Filter Keys setup screen, uncheck the option for “Turn on Filter Keys when right SHIFT is pressed for 8 seconds“.
    • Click OK to save your changes. Now you’ve successfully turned off both Sticky Keys and Filter Keys permanently in Windows 10.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anne Fuj, Jan 18, 2020
  4. manofthem Win User

Long press does nothing after turning on the filter keys

Booting without press any key

@dhievm go ahead and list the model number that gives exact specs/info.

Does it stop right at the Toshiba logo and sit there? Will it sit forever til you press a key, or will it eventually work after so long?

manofthem, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

Long press does nothing after turning on the filter keys

1. Long press does nothing after turning on the filter keys - Similar Threads - Long press does

2. Beep noise after long press of a key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beep noise after long press of a key: Hello, i have the issue that when i play for example PUBG, windows beeps very repeatedly when i press any button for a longer time. The beeping itself is not the problem but windows stops the input of that key and i have to stop pressing that key for it to work again.Can...
  3. Beep noise after long press of a key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Beep noise after long press of a key: Hello, i have the issue that when i play for example PUBG, windows beeps very repeatedly when i press any button for a longer time. The beeping itself is not the problem but windows stops the input of that key and i have to stop pressing that key for it to work again.Can...
  4. Keyboard keys only working after long press

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard keys only working after long press: I have a surface laptop 3 intel and since yesterdays all the keys on the keyboard only work after pressing for about 4 seconds forever there is also a noise played by the speaker evytime I press a key. I tried running the troubleshooter and it showed no problems, I updated my...
  5. cnrtl key only works after a long press

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cnrtl key only works after a long press: Hi all,My cntrl key both of them only "wakes up" once I press it for a long time 10-15 seconds.If I don't, every time I wake my computer from sleep, hibernate or being shut down, the cntrl keys don't react.I tried removing the driver and resetting my computer. I also used osk...
  6. cnrtl key only works after a long press

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cnrtl key only works after a long press: Hi all,My cntrl key both of them only "wakes up" once I press it for a long time 10-15 seconds.If I don't, every time I wake my computer from sleep, hibernate or being shut down, the cntrl keys don't react.I tried removing the driver and resetting my computer. I also used osk...
  7. cnrtl key only works after a long press

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Pressing Ctrl and then pressing W does nothing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pressing Ctrl and then pressing W does nothing.: This issue is mainly in games and other things.Pressing Ctrl + W acts like it's stuck!Stickey Keys and anything like that is turned off, and this annoyes me because i cant do a lot of things!Any solution?...
  9. Keys only working after pressing a long time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keys only working after pressing a long time: Hiya Community, Since a few days ago some of my keys on my Laptop suddenly stopped working keys: 2, u, -, Numpad 3. I can get them back to work for a while if I long press one of them one can activate the others again. It's pretty random when they work. Since it's not only...
  10. Filter keys not turning off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Filter keys not turning off: So, basically I try to do anything but filter keys is on so I go to the little startup thing to turn it off, and its already off, so I press shift 5 times, nothing I hols shift for 8 seconds, nothing WHAT DO I DO submitted by /u/that-drawinguy [link] [comments]...