Windows 10: Long reboot and shutdown time after updating to KB4566116

Discus and support Long reboot and shutdown time after updating to KB4566116 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I've noticed that after updating to the optional KB4566116 Windows 10 update August 2020, that the reboot and shutdown times can become... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by daviches, Aug 25, 2020.

1. daviches Win User

Long reboot and shutdown time after updating to KB4566116

Hello,

I've noticed that after updating to the optional KB4566116 Windows 10 update August 2020, that the reboot and shutdown times can become excruciatingly long, upwards of 10 minutes while the circle dots keep spinning above "Restart" or "Shutting down".

Has anyone experienced this, or is it a known issue?

I am running Windows 10 Pro on a Razer Blade 15 laptop.

Thanks,

D

:)

daviches, Aug 25, 2020
  2. m1xed0s Win User

Windows 10 takes long time to reboot, shutdown and/or logout.

Got you Long reboot and shutdown time after updating to KB4566116 :) I will reboot to see if any slowness happening and report back. Mine does not happen all the time though...

m1xed0s, Aug 25, 2020
  3. m1xed0s Win User

Okey tried shutdown and reboot, no issue at all. Pretty quick. But now stuck on signing out... no further messages on screen other than just spinning dots on top of "signing out".

Plus I tried to unplug power adapter and this time did not help either...

Advise?

m1xed0s, Aug 25, 2020
  4. dmex Win User

The status messages are shown during logoff/shutdown/reboot and there's no information added to the log file... The status messages simply show what's happening during logoff/shutdown/reboot and help identify the component responsible for the long shutdown duration (e.g. Windows Update, DCOM, User profile service etc).

If you can name the component causing the long shutdown then it'll be easier to say what's likely the root cause *Wink

Thema:

1. Long reboot and shutdown time after updating to KB4566116 - Similar Threads - Long reboot shutdown

2. Extra long Shutdown and restart time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extra long Shutdown and restart time: As subject says, my shutdown and restart time has extended a lot. It basicly gets stuck on the "Restarting" screen for 2-3min. Installed new parts to my PC last week and on the same run, I installed completely new Windows.PC Parts:CPU: AMD Ryzen 5600xMotherboard: ROG Strix...
  3. Extra long Shutdown and restart time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extra long Shutdown and restart time: As subject says, my shutdown and restart time has extended a lot. It basicly gets stuck on the "Restarting" screen for 2-3min. Installed new parts to my PC last week and on the same run, I installed completely new Windows.PC Parts:CPU: AMD Ryzen 5600xMotherboard: ROG Strix...
  4. Extra long Shutdown and restart time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Very long reboot or shutdown win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very long reboot or shutdown win 11: I have a strange behavior with my windows 11 pro that it tacked up to 2 min 25 sec to reboot or shutdown the computer!It’s a fresh install without any programs install just drivers and f-security and all the updates of windows 11 pro!Is there a way to see what’s taken so long...
  6. Very long reboot or shutdown win 11

Very long reboot or shutdown win 11: I have a strange behavior with my windows 11 pro that it tacked up to 2 min 25 sec to reboot or shutdown the computer!It’s a fresh install without any programs install just drivers and f-security and all the updates of windows 11 pro!Is there a way to see what’s taken so long...
  7. Windows 10 startup AND shutdown/reboot times insanely long after windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 startup AND shutdown/reboot times insanely long after windows update.: Windows update may have failed. But there was no indication of it other than a Error in the EventViewer.Computer now takes 20 MINUTES to boot, and 5 MINUTES to shut down. Before I did this last windows update, it would take 5 seconds.I've disabled non-system startup...
  8. Windows 10 startup AND shutdown/reboot times insanely long after windows update.

Windows 10 startup AND shutdown/reboot times insanely long after windows update.: Windows update may have failed. But there was no indication of it other than a Error in the EventViewer.Computer now takes 20 MINUTES to boot, and 5 MINUTES to shut down. Before I did this last windows update, it would take 5 seconds.I've disabled non-system startup...
  9. Windows 10 startup AND shutdown/reboot times insanely long after windows update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Windows 10 takes long time to reboot, shutdown and/or logout.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 takes long time to reboot, shutdown and/or logout.: My laptop has windows 10 enterprise 64bit build 1703 and it is on company domain and bitlocker encryption is enabled on SSD. Sometime but not all the time, laptop takes long time to reboot, shutdown and/or logout. Did the sfc scan and found nothing. An interesting thing I...